IGNORED

Sunderland sack Papy Djilobodji

Eastside Moonwalker

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45496640

Basically turned up 72 days late to the club, overweight, unfit, missed all pre season and the first 8 games and now expects to keep getting paid. 

Fair play to them, lost any money they could get for him but he's probably shot himself in the foot and lowered his salary too. 

Didier N'Dong is currently AWOL and still hasn't returned, last took a pic of himself beside a pool a week ago

Part of the scouting for a player should concentrate on his attitude and work rate; not just what they can do in a YouTube compilations highlight.

As LJ noted on Monday we lost over £2m on Engvall by signing a lazy player who couldn't be arsed to put the effort into training.  Sunderland signed two who can't even be bothered to turn up for training in the first place.

They should sack the second one as well but at root this is a failure of their scouting system that they picked two such big wasters. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Part of the scouting for a player should concentrate on his attitude and work rate; not just what they can do in a YouTube compilations highlight.

As LJ noted on Monday we lost over £2m on Engvall by signing a lazy player who couldn't be arsed to put the effort into training.  Sunderland signed two who can't even be bothered to turn up for training in the first place.

They should sack the second one as well but at root this is a failure of their scouting system that they picked two such big wasters. 

Blimey did he say that ? Lousy due dilligence and shit contractual terms if so.

I just thought he seemed flaky and missed his girlfriend which wouldn't necessarily have been picked up by background checks.

18 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I just thought he seemed flaky and missed his girlfriend which wouldn't necessarily have been picked up by background checks.

No he didn't say that, that's just @Eddie Hitlers interpretation of what he said. What he said was, that despite lots of improvement, he never looked the best player in training and that the whole team needed to be able to trust and believe that people on the pitch with them were of Championship standard. He never said he was lazy or anything else, he did suggest that he might blossom, with a change of environment or personal circumstances in future, because he has some talent.

19 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I thought she came over to study at Bristol University ? 

She must be really peeved about the GE transfer .

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No he didn't say that, that's just @Eddie Hitlers interpretation of what he said. What he said was, that despite lots of improvement, he never looked the best player in training and that the whole team needed to be able to trust and believe that people on the pitch with them were of Championship standard. He never said he was lazy or anything else, he did suggest that he might blossom, with a change of environment or personal circumstances in future, because he has some talent.

This is LJ on Engvall as quoted in the Evening Post:

“I don’t think he did enough. He didn’t do enough in training, he didn’t adapt. He wasn’t the best player in training every day.”

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lee-johnson-explains-bristol-city-1992173

I don't think that my interpretation of that statement is unreasonable.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lee-johnson-explains-bristol-city-1992173

It’s not an unreasonable interpretation, but it’s not quoting what LJ actually said either. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I am not condoning their behaviour but they were recruited to play premier league football. I doubt many involved in the transfers thought Sunderland would drop 2 leagues in as many years. Personally if I signed a contract I’d fulfill it but with player power I am not surprised this scenario has gone this way. Anyway, I doubt either will suffer. They will play in a top division somewhere in Europe and I imagine will be paid good money again. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

49 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not an unreasonable interpretation, but it’s not quoting what LJ actually said either. 

I don't think that it suggests he was lazy, when he says didn't do enough or show enough, I interpreted it as that he never gave us enough reason to play him, not for necessarily for the lack of trying. He also said he was a lovely lad, which I would imagine wouldn't be the case if he had been driven up the wall with his terrible attitude.

Fair play to Sunderland.....about time unreliable, ‘entitled’ players got sacked - surely it’s a given that footballers need to keep themselves fit....wasters like the guy outlined in the OP think they deserve the lifestyle without putting in any hard work...not many get sacked so big applause to the Black Cats for booting him out....

5 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45496640

Basically turned up 72 days late to the club, overweight, unfit, missed all pre season and the first 8 games and now expects to keep getting paid. 

Fair play to them, lost any money they could get for him but he's probably shot himself in the foot and lowered his salary too. 

Didier N'Dong is currently AWOL and still hasn't returned, last took a pic of himself beside a pool a week ago

Im guessing they would be able to sue him to recoup their losses? 

Fair play to Sunderland- a brave move. Assuming they don't have to pay up his contract because they sound well within their rights.

Engvall talk on here. Yes LJ said what he said about training and how he wasn't quite up to it- however he also said he wouldn't be surprised if in a few years w turn on TV- and he's playing in Europa League, scoring goals.

Just can't tell- players flourish and develop at vastly different ages- or circs can change them and their trajectory- either in a positive improvement sense or go the other way!

Not arguing we should have kept him but definitely it wouldn't be too late for him to flourish in a European League- talking one of the top 5 or 6, not a smaller one.

On 12/09/2018 at 15:18, JoeAman08 said:

I am not condoning their behaviour but they were recruited to play premier league football. I doubt many involved in the transfers thought Sunderland would drop 2 leagues in as many years. Personally if I signed a contract I’d fulfill it but with player power I am not surprised this scenario has gone this way. Anyway, I doubt either will suffer. They will play in a top division somewhere in Europe and I imagine will be paid good money again. 

They were recruited and signed a contract to play for Sunderland, not to play in the Premier League. Disgraceful behaviour in my opinion. 

They should have negotiated a premier league release clause. To be honest I think it's probably quite standard particularly with foreign players, so if they didn't get a move elsewhere it's entirely their fault for not impressing and maybe they need to lower their standards as they obviously aren't good enough to play in that league.

2 minutes ago, joeyb said:

They were recruited and signed a contract to play for Sunderland, not to play in the Premier League. Disgraceful behaviour in my opinion. 

They should have negotiated a premier league release clause. To be honest I think it's probably quite standard particularly with foreign players, so if they didn't get a move elsewhere it's entirely their fault for not impressing and maybe they need to lower their standards as they obviously aren't good enough to play in that league.

Think most premier league clubs realise if they are relegated they will have quite a few disgruntled players. Like I said, I don’t agree and would personally see out my contract. That said, think Sunderland knew what they were getting and were happy to go through with it. As much as it was nice to see Sunderland take action, they will be the biggest losers of this as they won’t get any fee for at least this player. While I think the player will get a chance at a decent club considering his CV

On 12/09/2018 at 08:23, Port Said Red said:

What Wes’ Dad said, is it not?

51 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

What Wes’ Dad said, is it not?

Maybe, I can't remember specifics, all I remember is it coming across as a bit of rant about how "badly" his boy had been treated. Looking at their respective careers since,, you would imagine it applies to both of them.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe, I can't remember specifics, all I remember is it coming across as a bit of rant about how "badly" his boy had been treated. Looking at their respective careers since,, you would imagine it applies to both of them.

Wes’s Dad was accurate about a whole host of things , including Engvall 

15 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t recall him over egging Wes’s abilities at any point

Whar was said that  you refer to ?

I think he overstated lot of what he said though. Engvall had talent and you could see it when he played but as LJ said he never looked like he was trying hard enough. Engvall a superior footballer to Wes imo but obviously a father will see it differently. It is not as it Wes has kicked on down in L1 either. It was an interesting read at the time but that was at the beginning of the club restructuring and finding its way. Wes probably burned a bit by the business but all in all both weren’t good enough for city and both gone. 

Archived