IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Utd Match Day 7

Septic Peg

10 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Don't know what you lot are crowing about. Would have been better if we'd have won.

"Bristol City started a run of three games in six days with a 0-0 draw against Sheffield United at Ashton Gate."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-feel-good-factor-back-2008206

:facepalm:

Classic Evil Post... rofl.

@Tristan Cork have a word with yer man on the Sports Desk... he's having a stinker.

I thought it was two good teams cancelling each other out in the first half.

I thought we started the brighter and then they controlled it up until the subs.

They are a very good team and IMO the best we have played so far.

I would've taken a draw before kick off and as the match wore on you could see them the more likely to score (thanks to that Spanish waiter they have up front keeping us all in suspense!) up until LJ affected the game with his subs and suddenly the game changed and we could've gone on and scored a second.

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

I thought it was two good teams cancelling each other out in the first half.

I thought we started the brighter and then they controlled it up until the subs.

They are a very good team and IMO the best we have played so far.

I would've taken a draw before kick off and as the match wore on you could see them the more likely to score (thanks to that Spanish waiter they have up front keeping us all in suspense!) up until LJ affected the game with his subs and suddenly the game changed and we could've gone on and scored a second.

Better than Middlesbrough? 

Apologies I was at T20 finals day at Edgbaston. 

Once again, a good win. We have a good squad and bench. First half they were better but think we were not in panic. Second LJ changed players and stepping up. Taylor, Watkins and Odowda. One of few that liked Watkins from start, he has now got the matchfit tempo and he scored a Lovely goal. Nice also to see Odowda playing well again. Early days but thinks its looking better this season, we also have players who is coming back from injuries. One good thing in many is that our midfilders scores. The defence is solid so far and we got various players who can score, at the moment we are a difficault team to beat. Its football but at the moment Im real enyoing it. Maybe we lose next game but think this team really got something. COYR!!!

8 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Don't know what you lot are crowing about. Would have been better if we'd have won.

"Bristol City started a run of three games in six days with a 0-0 draw against Sheffield United at Ashton Gate."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/the-feel-good-factor-back-2008206

:facepalm:

Come on  - you're being a bit harsh.

He did get the Sheff U nil bit right!

:)

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Colin Murray on EFL show just said after our highlights . Bristol city 4 wins on the bounce, what are we going to get from them , we had this last season. Bristol city are a rollercoaster ride that’s what we’ll get . ? he knows us well 

What channel is this on this season

An excellent tactical game from both sides, great application from our boys and much to look forward to. Kalas and the keeper are bringing the best out of Webster and Kelly and the defence is solidifying into a tight unit. Always pre-requisite in a successful side. Brownhill had a super match in shutting up and winning the ball back, midfield however we're still wholly reliant on Pack for creativity. Elliasen did ok, yet O'Dowda was excellent when he came on and his 'fake' that bought him 5 yards for the goal was one of the best things seen at AG for years. Weimann's heatmap must have melted given the ground he covered. Taylor I thought unlucky to be dropped and he showed how he can stretch a defence and let defenders know he is there throughout, if only he scored more. Diggery on the other hand, save for his one run, unbelievable control and shot, was a major disappointment. In contrast to Weimann his movement was pretty much non-existant. He also needs to work at getting off the ground as he's far too easily beaten in the air. That however WeeLee can work on and it's one of the nicer things to be able to focus on the rare let down when all else appears to be developing nicely. Interesting to see if we're still up there come Xmas whether we'll invest in the 2 or 3 signings that might really put us in contention?

How quickly a season can turn....

Don't know if mentioned.......but   Radio Sheff reporter

"..............We controlled large sections of the game and looked comfortable.
We created plenty of chances but they were only half-chances but you would still expect us to take one or two of the chances.
Said Bristol City only had a good 5 minutes and scored during that spell of dominance.
Said Wilder will be really dissapointed because he didn’t think Bristol C were a particularly good side and we generally controlled the game looking the better team.

Would help if he went to the same game as everyone else !!

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't know if mentioned.......but   Radio Sheff reporter

"..............We controlled large sections of the game and looked comfortable.
We created plenty of chances but they were only half-chances but you would still expect us to take one or two of the chances.
Said Bristol City only had a good 5 minutes and scored during that spell of dominance.
Said Wilder will be really dissapointed because he didn’t think Bristol C were a particularly good side and we generally controlled the game looking the better team.

Would help if he went to the same game as everyone else !!

Wilder is a good manager but he's a one eyed miserable sod who never credits the opposition. Contrast with LJ's comments about them before and after the game.

They have lost 3 of their 7 games, but presumably they wuz robbed in the other 2 as well. Or maybe they are not as good as he thinks?

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Can anyone please advise me if the highlights on Quest can be viewed on any form of 'catch up'?

They’ve also got an AppStore app, so you can watch in your own time.  Usually available Sunday morning (I was watching about 0730 this morning).

Archived