IGNORED

Thanks fellow City fan

And Its Smith

Happened to me in a supermarket car park once, was repaired and cost me my no claims bonus, but the car never seemed the same after. Sorry to hear your luck and wish that it happens to the person who did this sometime in the future. See how he likes it.

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Came back to my car to see my car has been hit incredibly hard. Parked very close to ground so assuming its a city fan. No note left!  Amazing how some people choose to live their life. Car might be written off

I feel your pain Dave, but you have no idea at all whether the damage was caused by another City fan or not. Seems like the sort of unfounded slur we would decry from others tbh.

Don’t know whether you are aware of the Motor Insurers Bureau @RedDave

You can claim if hit by uninsured or hit and run driver

https://www.gov.uk/compensation-victim-uninsured-driver

Used to be injury only but is also for damage these days

Made a claim a few years back , bit slow but they paid out after I was hit by uninsured driver

Although you have no details of the offender make sure you report it dave otherwise even your own Insurance company may get narky

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sorry to hear your news RD. Have you checked if the area you were parked in is covered by any of the multitude of CCTV cameras around BS3?

That's very possible and surely someone must have seen the car involved. If it had been me, I would have got the reg number and left a note with my phone number on the windscreen. unfortunately these days people do not want to get involved. It's a shame.

4 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

City fan? Isn’t their a possible chance that it could’ve been a resident of Ashton or even an away supporter... or even a work van or a taxi or a bus.... it’s bad what happened but to narrow it down to a city fan is abit presumptuous. 

I reckon it was Lee Johnson.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Came back to my car to see my car has been hit incredibly hard. Parked very close to ground so assuming its a city fan. No note left!  Amazing how some people choose to live their life. Car might be written off

Thread title = massive overreaction. Sorry your car got hit though, that sucks. As a resident and a City fan I can confirm that parking is a thorny issue with the residents of BS3 but I don’t know anyone who’d do that and drive off. Hope it gets fixed - it’s only a bit of twisted metal after all. 

Nothing near what you suffered today RD, but when I got back to my motor this morning at Leroy Merlin in Murcia, an Audi had gone a little snug on me and the driver just let it lie whilst they went shopping!  They really don't cherish cars here at all, which is why I bought a 2004 Picasso full of dents and peeling paint.  More broken plastics just add to the charm, apparently….

Good luck with the insurers and keep reliving the highlights.

IMG_20180915_110710.jpg

Just now, JackofromSanJavier said:

Nothing near what you suffered today RD, but when I got back to my motor this morning at Leroy Merlin in Murcia, an Audi had gone a little snug on me and the driver just let it lie whilst they went shopping!  They really don't cherish cars here at all, which is why I bought a 2004 Picasso full of dents and peeling paint.  More broken plastics just add to the charm, apparently….

Good luck with the insurers and keep reliving the highlights.

IMG_20180915_110710.jpg

Was that a city fan as well?? 

Archived