IGNORED

SL interview

hoxton casual

What's the old saying, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”?

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

Do people honestly believe SL makes every decision at the club? He obviously employs people at Bristol City/ Bears/Sport to make decisions on his behalf. I’m pretty sure he didn’t employ 600 people at HL and do their jobs for them!

That’s why I said “some”!!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That’s why I said “some”!!

My comments weren’t directed specifically at you Davefevs. But I here it all the time, “Lansdown put the season tickets up”, “ Bloody Lansdown, we’ve ran out of shirts in the club shop”,  “My pies cold, it’s that manual manipulator Lansdown fault”, etc.

4 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Oh no, it’s not like he’s spent over 100 million on Bristol City, without any return. 

We’ve also got one of the cheaper season tickets, especially for Children. 

1. His investments are for equity. He has lost nothing and if he were to sell the club would make more money than he has spent on it. The only people who are worse off are other share holders who have had their shares devalued.

2. I can't find stats this year but last season we had the 10th most expensive STs for our cheapest seats in the championship. Hardly trail blazing are we, especially as clubs like Huddersfield have shown you can get promoted with £179 ST prices for ALL AREAS.

7 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

1. His investments are for equity. He has lost nothing and if he were to sell the club would make more money than he has spent on it. The only people who are worse off are other share holders who have had their shares devalued.

2. I can't find stats this year but last season we had the 10th most expensive STs for our cheapest seats in the championship. Hardly trail blazing are we, especially as clubs like Huddersfield have shown you can get promoted with £179 ST prices for ALL AREAS.

Let’s take the £100m number as read. You think if he sold the club he’d receive more than that? ?

Regardless, he isn’t going to. He’s in this to create a legacy. 

The only way he gets any cash out of this is if we are in the prem for years, we make big profits, and the club starts paying dividends. I think this is very very unlikely for many reasons. 

Ps other shareholders have had their ownership diluted, not necessarily their shares devalued. An important difference. 

19 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

He has made a lot of money and the firm he founded employs a lot of people on a good wage in Bristol. Has put a lot of his time and money back into Bristol and its community. I know he loves Bristol City FC, but I think he loves Bristol as much and the people in it, and really wants to help in any way he can. Wonderful man and wonderful family. His support of the community side of all the teams, and his support of the women's teams is brilliant.  Sorry if I am too gushing, but I find him inspiring. One of my west country business hero's, along with James Dyson. Great men, great visionaries. 

Agree with you... worryingly I hear Dyson has been rumoured to be a possible future financial backer for the Gas, with some sort of land swap deal resurrecting their plans for stadium at UWE.

Hopefully there is no truth in this, as really admire Dyson too.

Archived