IGNORED

McGinn’s goal for Villa

Fordy62

Very tasty. Made me think of Benjamin Pavard's goal for France in the recent World Cup.

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

We beat them Friday and I reckon that’ll be it for Bruce 

If Villa don't go up this season they will be in even more trouble than last. Only just scraped the cash together to remain in business, so promotion is not optional now. They've put all their chips into the pot.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Delighted that they lost, but not sure you’re EVER going to see a better strike than this...

https://mobile.twitter.com/villareport/status/1043520110122737664?s=21

What a strike. 

4 hours ago, Markman said:

hit one like that playing for Wotton Under Edge Young Farmers - no mobile phones in them days but someone fell off their milk churn (or perhaps it was my shot knocked them off the churn rather than it went in)

(what a goal though take a bow Mr McGinn)

Neither of you saw my Justin Fashanu-esque left foot volley versus Whitminster Town in the late 90s.  Was a thing of beauty with my wrong foot.  Pulled me hamstring celebrating like Careca’s aeroplane!

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Unbelievable shot, almost as perfect a strike as you could ever see.  You get some goals that make you wonder how it is possible to strike a ball like that with such devastating accuracy.

It’s a heck of a goal, probably one of the best I’ve seen but let’s not think he meant to put that top corner! Sometimes it’s just a bit of hit and hope and it comes off perfectly 

Bruce still moaning his squad ain't big enough?

Big game Friday, if we lose there will be another meltdown on here - even though we will probably be in a position where most people would have taken at the start of the season? Massive pressure building on Bruce, I just fear they may give someone a hiding sooner or later and we will miss Kalas big time. First goal could be huge for momentum.

Ps - not a bad strike.....

16 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Bruce still moaning his squad ain't big enough?

Big game Friday, if we lose there will be another meltdown on here - even though we will probably be in a position where most people would have taken at the start of the season? Massive pressure building on Bruce, I just fear they may give someone a hiding sooner or later and we will miss Kalas big time. First goal could be huge for momentum.

Ps - not a bad strike.....

It’s set up beautifully for a massive game on Friday in front of a big crowd.

I agree the first goal will be crucial. Villa fans are restless and may even turn on their side if we get it - but our confidence will be fragile after a couple of defeats and the nagging worry of going on another bad run of results.

It would certainly be a great game to win. Curtains for Bruce if we do? Possibly. A few nice subplots with this one.

I just hope we can start well and put them under a bit of pressure (without the massive holes in midfield), then get a goal and then they go to pieces,  we then get a second, third and fourth - by HT obviously. On a serious note they have some attacking players that are obviously capable of a lot more on their day, and it is a game where I really wouldn't be surprised by any result at all. A good all round solid performance will suit me tbh, and just hope we don't lose and it is a bit of a springboard for us. I am worrying with Baker playing against them though!

Archived