IGNORED

AG4 bus from whitchurch to Ashton Gate

spudski

....anyone familiar with this service?

Staying with friends over the weekend, and was looking to get from Whitchurch to the ground on Friday. I won't have my car.

Noticed the Club have a service to the ground from Wharnecliffe Gardens, which would suit me. AG4 bus?

Times and stops here... https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/media/22904/bus-time-table-ag4.pdf

Couple of questions...there are two bus stops on Wharnecliffe road...which stop does it pick you up from? As in which direction will it come from?

I'm also presuming the drop off and return stops are the two near the KFC roundabout on Winterstoke road?

Is it reliable and still running?

Alternatively is there a taxi rank near the ground?

Any help much appreciated.

38 minutes ago, spudski said:

....anyone familiar with this service?

Staying with friends over the weekend, and was looking to get from Whitchurch to the ground on Friday. I won't have my car.

Noticed the Club have a service to the ground from Wharnecliffe Gardens, which would suit me. AG4 bus?

Times and stops here... https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/media/22904/bus-time-table-ag4.pdf

Couple of questions...there are two bus stops on Wharnecliffe road...which stop does it pick you up from? As in which direction will it come from?

I'm also presuming the drop off and return stops are the two near the KFC roundabout on Winterstoke road?

Is it reliable and still running?

Alternatively is there a taxi rank near the ground?

Any help much appreciated.

If you are thinking of getting a cab after the game, I have had more success going for a pint or two after the game and using Uber.

Any price spike seems to have dropped about an hour after the game ends, effectively making the pint free.

(Well, that's my justification anyway).

Used this bus maybe 2 years ago. Don't know if it's still running but if so it starts at the A37 end of Wharncliffe Gdns. goes to the next stop and then turns into Bamfield and then Whitchurch Lane towards Hartcliffe. Which part of Whitchurch are you coming from?

37 minutes ago, Desso said:

Used this bus maybe 2 years ago. Don't know if it's still running but if so it starts at the A37 end of Wharncliffe Gdns. goes to the next stop and then turns into Bamfield and then Whitchurch Lane towards Hartcliffe. Which part of Whitchurch are you coming from?

Cheers mate...not far from where the first stop is. I may get a lift in and just get the bus back now.

Archived