IGNORED

Expecting another defeat...

old_eastender

Reckon it will be 3 defeats in a row after Friday's game against Villa, just hoping that this isn't the start of another long winless run under LJ...

However, to put things in perspective, after many, many years of supporting City I have become conditioned to generally being pessimistic! 

I was strangely optimistic before the Wigan game fully expecting a win, only to be slapped down with the most abject performance since Bolton away last year. 

Now up against a all star, albeit misfiring, Villa and without Kalas in the heart of defence has to be an away win, 1-3 would be my shout.

14 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Reckon it will be 3 defeats in a row after Friday's game against Villa, just hoping that this isn't the start of another long winless run under LJ...

However, to put things in perspective, after many, many years of supporting City I have become conditioned to generally being pessimistic! 

I was strangely optimistic before the Wigan game fully expecting a win, only to be slapped down with the most abject performance since Bolton away last year. 

Now up against a all star, albeit misfiring, Villa and without Kalas in the heart of defence has to be an away win, 1-3 would be my shout.

Wonderful...just what we need, but you are by a country mile the most negative of all, did you actually think we would beat Wigan to do five wins on the bounce? 

In this League.

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Wonderful...just what we need, but you are by a country mile the most negative of all, did you actually think we would beat Wigan to do five wins on the bounce? 

In this League.

I didn't, because we had already lost to West Brom earlier in the week...

If it’s a draw on Friday no ones going to know how to react! But if we lose the game after and win the game after that, this forum will be very quiet with peoples heads combusting, delving into the matrix for answers then returning with ‘LJ out’ and ‘LJ in’ and the circle of OTIB life continuing.

I can’t wait ?

55 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I bet your great fun in the pub OE................:rofl2br:

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Funnily looking on other sites, Aston Villa fans don't seem terribly optimistic- hard fought draw perhaps.

If we had Bolasie, Albert, Tammy, McGinn, and Grealish I'd expect to win every game.

Its just a matter of time before that lot click.

Hopefully not Friday...

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If we had Bolasie, Albert, Tammy, McGinn, and Grealish I'd expect to win every game.

Its just a matter of time before that lot click.

Hopefully not Friday...

Perhaps Bruce isn't the best- time will tell...

You'd think so, about the 'names' but not sure there's any side as outstanding as Wolves last year in the division- don't personally expect any side to romp the League,

I've said it before, great names sure but Derby would have gone up sometime between 2015/16 and last season when their expensive Championship names were at their peak. Could say the same about Villa in the last 2 seasons- sometimes it isn't all about that, not even over a League season.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

How are you going to celebrate if we win..?

I fancy us to win this one.

Interesting comments from LJ earlier in the season about staying humble, which perhaps alluded to some of the reason behind that drastic slump last season.

I do wonder if we still suffer from elements of the same; expect to beat Wigan, don’t turn up. Villa at home, the lads put on a show.

We’ve got the players that’s for sure, just depend which team turns up on the night.

3-1 win for me.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps Bruce isn't the best- time will tell...

You'd think so, about the 'names' but not sure there's any side as outstanding as Wolves last year in the division- don't personally expect any side to romp the League,

I've said it before, great names sure but Derby would have gone up sometime between 2015/16 and last season when their expensive Championship names were at their peak. Could say the same about Villa in the last 2 seasons- sometimes it isn't all about that, not even over a League season.

Think he’s out of touch with the modern game, still playing dinosaur football to some extent.

Archived