IGNORED

***IMPORTANT *** Villa KO now 8pm

RedM

Right debate closed.

CITY LIEING THROUGH THEIR ****ING TEETH TO FANS AS PER.

https://www.maramedia.ie/bristol-home

It's the same as that Fulham game a few seasons ago that was pushed back due to an exhibition.

But City try to dress it up with some load of patronising tinpot rubbish about big crowds and helping fans to make it to the game.

**** off.

12_May18.jpg

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Right debate closed.

It's the same as that Fulham game a few seasons ago that was pushed back due to an exhibition.

But City try to dress it up with some load of patronising tinpot rubbish about big crowds and helping fans to make it to the game.

**** off.

12_May18.jpg

The club really don’t help themselves sometimes do they? Just tell the truth and sort these things early. Not too difficult surely? Later kick off makes my day easier as I’m in Bristol but feel for those of you that aren’t and for whom this late change has buggered up plans. Here’s hoping for an electric night to compensate.  

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just suggests that either the club can't cope with larger attendances, or they don't care about the fans.

I’m thinking they are worried about residents, but surely moving it later just adds to noice and traffic being later. Do clubs get frowned upon or fined if the match doesn’t KO on time, unless for an obvious emergency? Something very strange about moving this so near to matchday. Have they an event on at AG that they need to clear perhaps?

Edit: Just seen the boat news above. That will teach me to read to the end of the thread before replying!

Out of interest @JulieH what involvement do the police have with this sort of decision making?

Is the focus on getting people to the stadium for 8pm (even though it's POETS day, and countless games kick off successfully at 7.45pm), or is there consultation with BTP and what the late finish will mean for people using the rail network to get home.

So Villa would have known about this a week ago, and the match officials within 5 days of kick off, but supporters get next to no notice - not even a 'we might move kick off back 15 minutes if all parties agree, so keep that in mind if you are making travel plans'.

Kick-Off Times

The Home Club shall fix the time of kick-off:

between 11.30am and 3.15 pm for Saturday matches;

between 7.00pm and 8.05 pm for midweek matches; and

between 11.30am and 8.05pm for Bank Holiday matches.

Once the kick-off time has been fixed, any amendment or variation thereto can be made only by agreement with the Away Club and with the approval of The League.

Home Clubs shall notify:

the Away Club at least seven days prior to; and

Match Officials, as soon as practicable after notification of their appointment, of the date and time of kick-off the date of the Match concerned, and the Referee and Assistant Referees must acknowledge the receipt five days before such Match.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So Villa would have known about this a week ago, and the match officials within 5 days of kick off, but supporters get next to no notice - not even a 'we might move kick off back 15 minutes if all parties agree, so keep that in mind if you are making travel plans'.

Kick-Off Times

The Home Club shall fix the time of kick-off:

between 11.30am and 3.15 pm for Saturday matches;

between 7.00pm and 8.05 pm for midweek matches; and

between 11.30am and 8.05pm for Bank Holiday matches.

Once the kick-off time has been fixed, any amendment or variation thereto can be made only by agreement with the Away Club and with the approval of The League.

Home Clubs shall notify:

the Away Club at least seven days prior to; and

Match Officials, as soon as practicable after notification of their appointment, of the date and time of kick-off the date of the Match concerned, and the Referee and Assistant Referees must acknowledge the receipt five days before such Match.

Interesting. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Is this correct!?

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Right debate closed.

**** off.

12_May18.jpg

You’re being serious? This finishes at 3pm and has obviously been organised for a while. How will 15 minutes make any difference?

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Out of interest @JulieH what involvement do the police have with this sort of decision making?

Is the focus on getting people to the stadium for 8pm (even though it's POETS day, and countless games kick off successfully at 7.45pm), or is there consultation with BTP and what the late finish will mean for people using the rail network to get home.

POETS day?

Sounds like a perk of the past if ever there was one- where I work early finishes are purely results dependent, same in sales generally- the 'perk' or closest to POETS day we had was take a half hr lunch and finish a half hr early if not results dependent- if results come in then of course the POETS thing kicks in but...different industries, different times I guess.

@Dollymarie

Aware of what it means thanks, just pointing out it's likely dependent on employer attitude, industry etc.

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

You’re being serious? This finishes at 3pm and has obviously been organised for a while. How will 15 minutes make any difference?

City - Fulham, February 22nd 2017 7.45pm

"The match will start at 8pm to allow more time for scheduled events to clear out of the stadium."

No need to apologise ;)

City at the time insisted 15 minutes made all the difference to staff. The idea it has been organised for a while is my point exactly! 

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

They will have a couple of hours after the exhibition finishes to clear out. They might finish at 3pm but I doubt if they will be gone before 5 or later. 

12 minutes ago, Olé said:

"The match will start at 8pm to allow more time for scheduled events to clear out of the stadium."

No need to apologise ;)

City at the time insisted 15 minutes made all the difference to staff. The idea it has been organised for a while is my point exactly! 

Actually it is true about the staff thing.

Many matchday staff, most I'd guess have other jobs- throw in terrible traffic in Bristol, and on a busy Friday night with a big attendance inflating this, it makes a certain amount of sense- don't know why they couldn't have broke the news a bit quicker however.

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

No need to apologise ;)

No need to apologise indeed, as this is a quote from 2017 and nothing to do with today.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This was a club decision with the agreement of the fa and Aston Villa. 

Archived