IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Red Army 75

28 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

LJ use of substitutes is a big downfall , he makes some bizarre choices at strange times , he really needs some help from Holden,Jamie mc as what ever he is seeing the large proportion inside Ashton gate can't..... 

I think a lot are pre planned 

If you were going to change last night, imho it was 5-10 mins after break when we couldn’t get out our half   For 20 mins  

He actually changed it when we’d rattled them a bit and were building a little head of steam !

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Exactly. Guy's a striker who hardly ever scores. When you need a goal it does make some sense to sub him for a striker who does score sometimes.

Don't really get the love in with Taylor. He's played enough games now to show if he can finish at this level and it's pretty clear the answer is no.

was thinking last night he could be a short term answer to missing korey, he is not afraid to get stuck in and has a good football brain with an eye to a good pass, not as daft as it first sounds could be his long term future in the championship, midfield.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think a lot are pre planned 

If you were going to change last night, imho it was 5-10 mins after break when we couldn’t get out our half   For 20 mins  

He actually changed it when we’d rattled them a bit and were building a little head of steam !

Agree....I know, could see the Fam for Taylor on a yellow logic.  Pato though?  If anything bring Watkins on and swap Eliasson onto the left.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

was thinking last night he could be a short term answer to missing korey, he is not afraid to get stuck in and has a good football brain with an eye to a good pass, not as daft as it first sounds could be his long term future in the championship, midfield.

Not ever thought of that.  Could work if we wanted a busy midfield 3....don’t think he has enough awareness to play as a DM though, very different discipline.

13 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

OK, ….…. but he gets to do it again next time too,  if he had picked up a red who would we be blaming then? 

Weakened with limited selection options for up coming important games would have been worse than continuing an impressive performance for approx half an hour more in one match... We got a point safely in the bank, no certainty that with the excellent Taylor on the pitch til the end that result would be any different, and limited guarantee that a red card wouldn't have seen him off sooner anyway.  

Onwards and upwards, all personnel intact! 

If you worried about that  with the amount of bookings  dished out these days though you’d need 5 subs a game. Hunt was booked and looked more likely to be sent off with grealish falling over every tackle. 

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Exactly. Guy's a striker who hardly ever scores. When you need a goal it does make some sense to sub him for a striker who does score sometimes.

Don't really get the love in with Taylor. He's played enough games now to show if he can finish at this level and it's pretty clear the answer is no.

He's the fox in the box but does rely on the service. Think he is a championship player and would like to see him  get the full 90 minutes. Perhaps Wednesday at Rotherham ?

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I like Taylor for what he does - runs his heart out and is a total pest but.....he’s not someone who’s going to fire us into the Play Offs. An ideal sub to bring on with 20-30 mins to go - nothing more, nothing less

Having said that.....the day he signed for us will live long in my memory ??

In fairness, I don't think there is anybody at the club who is likely to do this anyway. Unfortunately you only get what you pay for in wages, in this league. What is Tammy on again, anyone?

Just wish he would stop giving away needless free kicks.  We r in first half stoppage time the ball is played into the channel and installed of trying to keep the ball  and play out the little time left he needlessly plays the man.  From the turnover the ball goes up our end we concede a free kick and they score.

Archived