IGNORED

Kelly, Desilva Different Class today

REDOXO

As above!

Hunt had his best game.

Taylor is mobile but really isn't an out and out forward.

Diehdhou misses a gift and their forward converts two...

Pack was better but still poor. 

Webster looked good but can't cross, or even just pump one in. 

Brownhill works Hard like Taylor, but has nothing around the box.

Odowda is a good player but where will he get a goal from.

What I think we witnessed  was a good team performance, but losing to the inevitable defensive cock up. We have no goals in us and today crossing was awful.

The players on the treatment table that are untried at this level.

The lurching between winning runs and win less runs is frightening and here we go again!

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Kelly? Really? The player who looked shit scared of carrying the ball forward. Constantly passing the ball backwards. Good defensively but absolutely miles behind Bryan with the ball at his feet going forward.

Firstly we don’t know the instructions from the management. In addition he’s a kid with great promise and maybe he isn’t playing with confidence so selecta the safe option?

9 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Kelly? Really? The player who looked shit scared of carrying the ball forward. Constantly passing the ball backwards. Good defensively but absolutely miles behind Bryan with the ball at his feet going forward.

Seriously? I know football’s a game of opinions but ours are totally different. Kelly was outstanding. Our only attacking promise came from that left hand side whilst Kelly and Da Silva were on the pitch together.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Yep and I can’t see why really. Looks at least as comfortable as Webster with the ball at his feet. I know he made a few mistakes in possesion in this run of games but can’t let that bother you. Have to just learn when and where you can take these chances. Numerous times he could have played balls into feet of our strikers. Not simple passes but normal ones i’d expect a pro to be able to make 8-9/10. 

Fam, Weimann and Taylor is a conundrum. Fam looks about as useful as Benteke lately. Taylor and Weimann are more false 9s for me. Weimann especially as he will sometimes get space edge of the box but try the pass instead of the shot. Taylor at least brings some aspects of a CF with his physicality and hold up play. Don’t feel confident of goals with any pairing. 

Our wingers are solid but no standout. Eliasson been looking scared lately. COD a bit more positive but struggles with his final ball. Watkins is the Matty T of wing players. Puts himself about and tries hard. No flair that taylor has though. Pato doesn’t know how to affect a game anymore. 

Brownhill and Pack have to work so hard so I can excuse a bad performance. That said, Pack has been poor for 4-5 games now. And no options to push him harder. Well Walsh who I like but does not seem close to playing. 

Defensively, especially with Kalas back, we are much stronger. Baker a shell of his former self. A CB who seems afraid to put his head on the ball. Could have been sent off today too mind. But a positive at least

1 minute ago, Robin Goch said:

Seriously? I know football’s a game of opinions but ours are totally different. Kelly was outstanding. Our only attacking promise came from that left hand side whilst Kelly and Da Silva were on the pitch together.

I didn't see him take the ball past one player. He put a couple of decent ones while the majority went straight onto the keepers arms. Our crosses into the box were awful today. 

5 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Thanks Robin...You saw what I did!

13 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

But we know that's not Kelly, he enjoys running forward with the ball - so what was different in the first half  today, I'd imagine he was told not to stray past the half way line.

btw - how do we have so few options upfront, yet still somehow have only one man back defensively covering half the pitch for such long periods.

6 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Agreed. He was man of the match for me today

Been MoM for me past two. I’d be tempted to start playing Kelly next to him until Kalas back. Classy ball playing CBs who are strong defenders. Webster grown on me since Boro. Thought he was weak but started putting his frame to good use since then. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I didn't see him take the ball past one player. He put a couple of decent ones while the majority went straight onto the keepers arms. Our crosses into the box were awful today. 

Not just that as he is a bigger lad who is agile but not as agile as many that will be defending him. His reluctance to play forward balls was my big concern. 

24 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

As above!

Hunt had his best game.

Taylor is mobile but really isn't an out and out forward.

Diehdhou misses a gift and their forward converts two...

Pack was better but still poor. 

Webster looked good but can't cross, or even just pump one in. 

Brownhill works Hard like Taylor, but has nothing around the box.

Odowda is a good player but where will he get a goal from.

What I think we witnessed  was a good team performance, but losing to the inevitable defensive cock up. We have no goals in us and today crossing was awful.

The players on the treatment table that are untried at this level.

The lurching between winning runs and win less runs is frightening and here we go again!

OMG

i must have seen a different game Oxo

DeSilva offered little - ‘meh’ at est

I Thought LK was poor today

as for the Hunt comment ....  I’m simply speechless.......

He was absolutely embarrassingly abysmal 

and a ‘good performance’........wow

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

OMG

i must have seen a different game Oxo

DeSilva offered little - ‘meh’ at est

I Thought LK was poor today

as for the Hunt comment ....  I’m simply speechless.......

He was absolutely embarrassingly abysmal 

and a ‘good performance’........wow

Seems so Bob! ?

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought Kelly was our best player. Put in some brilliant crosses to the near post that no one ever anticipated. He is clearly following instructions when passing it back.

Nail on the head. Kelly and Da Silva hit three or four great crosses today but because Lanky doesn’t encourage our forwards to hit near and far post (that’s on the rare occasions they’re in the box) they go unnoticed by many.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nail on the head. Kelly and Da Silva hit three or four great crosses today but because Lanky doesn’t encourage our forwards to hit near and far post (that’s on the rare occasions they’re in the box) they go unnoticed by many.

So ****ing this, not just our forwards, why the hell do we never have players running into the box. Even if we do cross the ball no one is there most of the time, and if there is they are static, and if our forwards get wide they don't cross because their is no one in the box to cross to.So frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

So ****ing this, not just our forwards, why the hell do we never have players running into the box. Even if we do cross the ball no one is there most of the time, and if there is they are static, and if our forwards get wide they don't cross because their is no one in the box to cross to.So frustrating.

Most of the time because Diedhiou is

LAZY

You watch him for 10-15 mins 

NO wonder Johnson gets away with rubbish so much of the time with some of the views some have

23 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

But as a centre half it’s not his job to take the ball past players and cross. It’s not his fault that we offered absolutely no threat in the final third. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Most of the time because Diedhiou is

LAZY

You watch him for 10-15 mins 

Yes, tbh he is at his best facing the goal with the ball running a little ahead of him. He will mis-control it,  keep running, stumble, beat a player, almost fall over but still be in with a chance, but leave it to late as a defender comes across to cover and then he will hit the ball and somehow he's scored... so many of his goals were like that last season. 

38 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

He’s been caught a couple of times and been bollocked . Unfair comparison with Bryan 

28 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

They actually weren’t. It was THE LACK OF MOVEMENT that was awful today.

Archived