IGNORED

12 games in.......What do we have in the cupboard

BobBobSuperBob

5 hours ago, SX227 said:

We are exactly where SL and JL want us to be - in the Championship.

We can't go up as the carrot for a new buyer is the Prem, and we can't go down as that takes the carrot away.

SL will do what he has to do to keep us in the Champ in the Jan window - or as last year if by some fluke we are challenging at the top - as little.

Nice new Arena, and first lot of houses going up.

Must be at about stage 3 of the exit plan. Bristol Sport will keep BCFC in the Champ until the whole shebang is sold. 

Oh for gawds sakes, the xmas/Jan window....you mean like the last Jan window and the one before that.

The next window will bring more of LJ`s loanees/signings that he will play even if they are worse than what we have already.......just like last season. As before we need a proven goalscorer and a midfield captain leader at least and like tomorrow.........or recall all loanees and play the kids they at least will have some energy and life.

Cant stand smarmy LJ but he is under the restraints of the plan, even so there must be better managers out there.

17 hours ago, RedM said:

@BobBobSuperBob, a very fair assessment but also not an easy read. I particularly think you are dead right with your Diedhiou comments. 

I don’t want to change the Manager, but find myself asking if another manager would/could get more out of the squad, have they got what it takes? Or would LJ get more out of a different group of players?  A pretty pointless question I know as they are his players, but I just don’t feel we have the blend right yet. Is it LJ, the players?  A bit of both I think is nearer the truth. 

Yes we obviously have injuries, we are yet to see two Summer recruits. We didn’t bank on losing Korey, we didn’t think Wright would be out for months either, Kalas was a freak injury, the list goes on. 

We lost (sold)  3 pretty much ever present players in the window, one of them being our top scorer. We failed to replace Doric, who although didn’t play much he was a different type of striker, we also lost a lot of aerial presence when Flint left. 

These are all just excuses though.

We are so good at playing the victim . I'd like us to get angry and fight for our place in this division.

Every club has problems, every manager has constraints  . Tough that's life .

No one owes any one a living . Get out there and battle for what you want to achieve. 

No one is going to give you anything.

I have the impression that we are just playing at it and it is really sickening.

Archived