IGNORED

LLDDL

freezer

1 hour ago, pillred said:

and we all know what you would like the w to be!

I have no idea what so ever you mean.

But, if I did have any idea what so ever.

I can only hazard a guess that it  would mean ....wish.

Then again, it could also mean w@!k

Obviously the reaction to the recent run is magnified because of what happened last season.

Knowing we have lost eight in a row before just leaves me worrying that it's about to happen again.

Even if we won eight straight and went top of the table I would just be waiting for the next run of losses.

This is LJ's biggest challenge with the fanbase imo. When we go on a good run it just feels like a matter of time until the LLDLL comes round again.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

QPR we didn’t play well...we were mixed throughout the game, but got the important opening goal, and as we grew in confidence and started to dominate we took other chances....Eze’s miss at 2-0 might have made it interesting.

Swansea - very accomplished performance....our best of the season.  Hard to fault much that game.

Blackburn - ordinary first half.  Good start for 10, poor middle 15 of the half when they scored and looked like scoring again, came back into it, got the qualiser.  Good second half.

Sheffield Utd - I missed this game.  But sterile for much of the game and McGoldrick missed the best chances for either side.  Subs on, then pkayed well.

i think I said at the time that the 4 Wins weren’t conclusive evidence that we were now a good side.  It hasn’t surprised that results have now gone against us.  That is part of being in the Championship.  It is why a good performance v WBA ended up as a 2-4 defeat.  Most on here were pretty cool with that.  We aren’t all about results if performance offers encouragement....just like we weren’t happy with a good away point at Rotherham, because the performance was abject...especially after Wigan.

I wasn’t there yesterday, but I am struggling to see a true identity this season, the style is mixed.  Selection is not competitive nor consistent - from the outside looking in.

I’m not gonna bash LJ, we’ve p12, w4, d4, l4, mid-table.  We’ve had a run of 4 without a win if you include EFL Cup. Another of 5 without a win, and a run of 4 straight wins all by the middle of October.

I do think the next run of games might be defining though.

Cheers, Dave, thanks for your analysis.  So we need a repeat of the Swans game against Brentford in 2 weeks.  Can the team get back to such an accomplished performance?

Archived