IGNORED

Michelle Owen - Unity not Negativity

SStandUp

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let’s see where we finish

Lets see who we sell next and how we are going to fund the next splash on some new widemen for Lee

The sales cupboard looks a bit thin

’These things take time’. - 3 years , 50 odd signings ......

Have we progressed.......really

Why are you so negative about the club?  You have the exact opposite mindset to myself, wonder where we get these contrasting views from?

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Like you've acknowledged with this thread, City are currently doing exceptionally well as a club - growing each season in the Championship, drawing in record crowds (despite the higher ticket prices), and developing academy players so they can hold their own and flourish in the Championship.  We are in fantastic shape.

Despite this, I think there's only about 4 or 5 people on here who really want shot of Lee Johnson and seem to be obsessed by it.

They are quite vociferous with their comments and post them with such frequency that it seems to be a wider held view.  When I posted about not having to take issue with LJ, the likes went through the roof.  Most people are quite content with LJ and can see that he is doing a decent job.  Long may the man continue pushing the club forwards.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Amen

8 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Oh come on. Stop dressing it up like I said.

The reality is, people don't like Johnson. They love hammering the bloke when things aren't going as they like, without taking in any other variables.

All in all it's creating a horrendous atmosphere/ vibe around AG.

Maybe it would be better if he left. 

You really do have a peculiar feel for what’s actually going on don’t you

Take off the ‘I loves Lee’ badge and.........Try , ......simply , .......people don’t rate Johnson or believe that he should be in post , or is the best person for the role 

As for the atmosphere / vibe - I can honestly say in amongst those that sit around me at AG and those I speak to outside not one would have either appointed Johnson , or would have him in post now,  not one 

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Why are you so negative about the club?  You have the exact opposite mindset to myself, wonder where we get these contrasting views from?

Maybe I go to games and watch and look a bit deeper than a current table place or individual result ?

as for your ‘think there's only about 4 or 5 people on here who really want shot of Lee Johnson and seem to be obsessed by it.’

You are seriously deluded - try going to games and have a chat with season ticket holders 

18 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I don't think I stated that anywhere. All I'm suggesting is people seemed to be so wrapped up in Johnson (wanting him to fail / wanting him to succeed) that they are not recognising the facts that we are becoming a stable championship club, we are providing some sustainability and there are several reasons why we might not be progressing as fast as fans want us to be..

No. You used Michelle Owen’s opinion to try and prove those who question LJ wrong , as if it carried some weight.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You really do have a peculiar feel for what’s actually going on don’t you

Take off the ‘I loves Lee’ badge and.........Try , ......simply , .......people don’t rate Johnson or believe that he should be in post , or is the best person for the role 

As for the atmosphere / vibe - I can honestly say in amongst those that sit around me at AG and those I speak to outside not one would have either appointed Johnson , or would have him in post now,  not one 

Well he's proven you all wrong then hasn't he?

Because he's stuck and is committed to the clubs vision. And thus far, he has slowly moved things on on the pitch. Which is exactly what the club want. 

Maybe that's what you don't like? You didn't want to appoint him, you probably wanted him sacked a couple years ago when we were struggling. And here we are, doing quite well and actually stabilising as a club 

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

No. You used Michelle Owen’s opinion to try and prove those who question LJ wrong , as if it carried some weight.

Sometimes it's quite refreshing to get an outsides view on things. I found it quite interesting that she was quite mythed about the negativity surrounding the club. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Because he's stuck and is committed to the clubs vision. And thus far, he has slowly moved things on on the pitch. Which is exactly what the club want. 

Maybe that's what you don't like? You didn't want to appoint him, you probably wanted him sacked a couple years ago when we were struggling. And here we are, doing quite well and actually stabilising as a club 

Instead of love in waffle , Shall we go back to talking about what’s happening / not happening on the pitch and the lack of plan etc that you found so difficult on another thread .....

8 wins in 37

13 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Oh come on. Stop dressing it up like I said.

The reality is, people don't like Johnson.

That’s far too simplistic a statement to make.  I really like LJ, and i’ll happily praise and criticise as I see fit.

They love hammering the bloke when things aren't going as they like, without taking in any other variables.

The variables are what though?  How do they differ to 80% of managers in the division.  He gets praise when it’s going well and criticism when it isn’t.  If he can get the team playing well, and be praised for it, why not the other way?  It’s like when it’s going well it’s all his good stuff, when it’s going bad, it’s someone else’s fault or some other ‘variable’.  That’s a bit cake and eat it.  

All in all it's creating a horrendous atmosphere/ vibe around AG.

Horrendous vibe?  Think the crowd have been very patient this season.

Maybe it would be better if he left. 

Why?

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Where is Michelle Owen from?  Why is she involved in City affairs anyway?  Is she actually Michael Owen's sister, or Michael Owen dressing as a woman?  They do look a bit similar.

Is this a serious post?  

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What I find so amazing, astonishing really, that fans with NO football experience or qualification beyond watching and playing in the park -

Can look from the outside with this attitude of seeing the ‘blindingly obvious’ things that people who have been in football their whole lives, run clubs, seen the day to day, played at a high level, done the coaching badges etc etc etc can’t actually see.

If it was so simple.....don’t you just, you know, ever stop and maybe think they might have worked it out??!

There is huge over analysis on OTIB based on emotion and not founded in anything beyond an armchair knowledge.  

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

What I find so amazing, astonishing really, that fans with NO football experience or qualification beyond watching and playing in the park -

Can look from the outside with this attitude of seeing the ‘blindingly obvious’ things that people who have been in football their whole lives, run clubs, seen the day to day, played at a high level, done the coaching badges etc etc etc can’t actually see.

If it was so simple.....don’t you just, you know, ever stop and maybe think they might have worked it out??!

There is huge over analysis on OTIB based on emotion and not founded in anything beyond an armchair knowledge.  

Are you speaking for yourself ?

Guess so

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe I go to games and watch and look a bit deeper than a current table place or individual result ?

Don't forget that when you go to see City play now, they are competing in the tough 2nd tier of English Football - full of rich clubs desperate to reach the Premier League.

It doesn't matter who the manager is here, this league is a tough task for us, we would have the same exact struggles with Pep Guardiola in Charge.  We are improving each season, this is true, and this is happening with Lee Johnson as the manager.  Stability will help to improve us.  A new manager would possibly set the club back again and not guarantee anything that Lee could not promise.  I really feel LJ is our Eddie Howe and he can emulate the man.  Eddie Howe didn't get Bournemouth promoted over night, he was with the club for years of development before they were able to win promotion from the Championship.  As fans, we need patience and also to enjoy the chance to play and compete in the Championship.

Edit - On second thoughts, ok, maybe we wouldn't with Pep Guardiola, but certainly any other decent Championship manager!

20 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

But you won't recognise us being plagued with injury during the majority of that time, you won't recognising us not investing in January, you won't recognise us selling our best players in the summer, you won't recognise that we have a fairly new team and it'll take time.

Thats my point! It's all well and good referencing win %'s! But you can't ignore the many variables that have contributed 

These are all reasons but used as excuses I'm afraid .

Other clubs have similar problems and don't go into free fall every time.

I maintain that as a club we are not prepared to go through the pain barrier to get results . We are too soft .

When the club plummeted all the way down to the fourth division we fought back . 

I feel that there is no urgency , no danger or menace to fight against. We are all comfortable and won't run through walls for the club .

I can almost see the players in slippers on matchday.

What a great place to pretend that you are a top footballer. 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Instead of love in waffle , Shall we go back to talking about what’s happening / not happening on the pitch and the lack of plan etc that you found so difficult on another thread .....

8 wins in 37

My god it's like talking to a brick wall.

As a club, where do you expect us to be? 

Because I could understand your views if we had just spent £40m, didn't sell our best players and it was clear the club were gunning for promotion. They yes, I would question mid table. 

But that quite clearly is not the plan.

So why are you in such disbelief at our current situation, that you believe Johnsons position is unattainable? 

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

You keep clapping and believe what sky are telling you and then when anything pro Johnson is written duplicate it on here to bore everyone.

Not everyone has to share the same view as you and not everyone has to be pro Johnson just because you are and those looking in from afar.

Maybe they (and you) don't see the countless mistakes being made each season with no lessons learned

Why do so many people have to have such polar opinions?

Why is it beyond people to make a balanced assessment that recognises the positives and negatives of LJ’s reign?

There are clear negatives; inconsistent performances, hot and cold form, a substantial drop off since Christmas, some dubious recruitment, failure to capitalise on last season’s opportunity.

Yet there are positives; year-on-year league position improvement, success at steering us away from relegation when he first arrived, establishing us as mid table, some excellent football at times, some very good signings, a few top notch loans, a thrilling cup run.

I just don’t understand why people can’t at least attempt to recognise that it’s a mixed bag. It’s strange why people have to be so polar.

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Like you've acknowledged with this thread, City are currently doing exceptionally well as a club - growing each season in the Championship, drawing in record crowds (despite the higher ticket prices), and developing academy players so they can hold their own and flourish in the Championship.  We are in fantastic shape.

£18m loss in 17/18 (our worst ever, despite a successful on-pitch season), doesn’t shout "we are in fantastic shape”.  It necessitated (for a variety of reasons, inc player ambition) selling 3 key players, amongst others, and not being able to use all of that money to re-invest back in the team.

14 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yes. Financially yes. And unfortunately for you, that's the plan. It's to provide the club with stability and sustainability. We are a stable championship club, we arent going down and we don't particularly look like challenging in the top 6. But that's who and what we are.

Where are the next 3 players in the pipeline that are going to generate £25m profit?  Kelly imho is our only big profit player, possibly Brownhill.  We might get decent money for Diedhiou, but we paid £5.3m for him.

Have we progressed on the pitch since Johnson? Yes. 

Yes, but not without significant investment in players / wages.  You can’t just base progress on just league position.  Whilst that is great, there are lots of other ‘variables’ you are ignoring!  Might someone else have done better with the resources....that’s the question numerous are asking. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

LJ won’t be judged by SL just on league position, or at least it will be "Lee, you said if I gave you £x, you could deliver league position y - have you achieved that?"  SL is spouting top 6.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Don't forget that when you go to see City play now, they are competing in the tough 2nd tier of English Football - full of rich clubs desperate to reach the Premier League.

Rich?  Heavily debt laden, risking their futures on gambling on getting promotion.  It does create an unfair playing field, but these clubs aren’t rich.

It doesn't matter who the manager is here,

Really.  There are better managers than LJ, plenty of worse too.

this league is a tough task for us, we would have the same exact struggles with Pep Guardiola in Charge. 

Futile example, but I bet you he’d do better than LJ here.

We are improving each season, this is true, and this is happening with Lee Johnson as the manager.  Stability will help to improve us.  A new manager would possibly set the club back again and not guarantee anything that Lee could not promise.  I really feel LJ is our Eddie Howe and he can emulate the man.  Eddie Howe didn't get Bournemouth promoted over night, he was with the club for years of development before they were able to win promotion from the Championship. 

He was given a huge amount of money, the club with its Russian money, flouting the rules.  Those rules gave now been tightened.  I like him as a manager too, but he would not have done what he did with Bournemouth in today’s FFP world.

As fans, we need patience and also to enjoy the chance to play and compete in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why do so many people have to have such polar opinions?

Why is it beyond people to make a balanced assessment that recognises the positives and negatives of LJ’s reign?

There are clear negatives; inconsistent performances, hot and cold form, a substantial drop off since Christmas, some dubious recruitment, failure to capitalise on last season’s opportunity.

Yet there are positives; year-on-year league position improvement, success at steering us away from relegation when he first arrived, establishing us as mid table, some excellent football at times, some very good signings, a few top notch loans, a thrilling cup run.

I just don’t understand why people can’t at least attempt to recognise that it’s a mixed bag. It’s strange why people have to be so polar.

Well said ?

19 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

As a club, where do you expect us to be? 

Because I could understand your views if we had just spent £40m, didn't sell our best players and it was clear the club were gunning for promotion. They yes, I would question mid table. 

But that quite clearly is not the plan.

So why are you in such disbelief at our current situation, that you believe Johnsons position is unattainable? 

Is that as far as your eyes and thought processes go

Our current league position, a quarter into the season (Means diddly squat)

I look at our recruitment, our selections , the evidence of any apparent cohesive plan that that recruitment and selections fit into 

I look at the idea of sustainability and question where the next £25 million sale of Crown Jewels to balance the books is going to come from....

I look at Lee Johnson and think ‘Is He learning and is he the best man for the job’

I keep thinking No.......and No

A simple question for all of you / anyone .......

You are the owner of a football Club , you want the very best coach to maximise your clubs potential and investment

Either

NOW

or in February 2018

From all the coaches in the World who you could reasonably hope to attract ........

Would any of you have chosen ........Lee Johnson

Anyone ?

Random thought, since SL eyes are set onto top 6. If we finish below that with LJ in charge this season and potentially the next. Does anyone believe that'll be enough for SL to pull the trigger? 

As he hasn't potentially met the requirement SL might have asked? 

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Random thought, since SL eyes are set onto top 6. If we finish below that with LJ in charge this season and potentially the next. Does anyone believe that'll be enough for SL to pull the trigger? 

That’s effectively what I was asking in my last post.  It’s a valid question.

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

No chance Sturny

Not that even I think he should get the bullet just because he finishes outside top six

31 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Both sides of the "Johnson out/Johnson in; City are dire/City are ok" back-and-forth on here feed off each other.  The "moaners" need the "happy-clappers" to respond to fuel their ire; the "happy-clappers" need the "moaners" to signal their virtuous support of the club.

If you hadn't flagged this up this morning we could all still be discovering who Amy Stark is (surely, Billy's daughter?), having a chortle about Rovers, working out if you are going to attend the Senior RedS lunch, something about Spanish City players, something about Scotland losingzzzzzzzz, yawn, non-league day at Manor Farm (how long until the Championship returns, hate these international breaks) ....

Let's face it: you were bored and chose to reignite the "negativity/positivity" debate because you get something out of it? As do most of the more heated participants.

If you really disliked it, and didn't get something out of the ding-dong, you wouldn't fan the flames. Many have tried but no-one on one side of the debate ever convinces someone on the other to change their mind (as I now will fail to convince you, and so possibly fan your flame, but in so doing, signal my own virtuous position above all this unedifying and unending infernal Johnson in/Johnson out tedium ?).....

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I look at the idea of sustainability and question where the next £25 million Profit of Crown Jewels to balance the books is going to come from....

Bob, changed the word to profit, because that’s more relevant.  Hope you don’t mind.

Heres our players 25 and under.  I certainly don’t see any trio of players generating the same profit as Bryan, Flint and Reid.

78934C4C-C6E7-4094-9E87-6D338CC45828.thumb.jpeg.32c92142a65e8a801ce07479b4e96baa.jpeg

The total is £17m, Adelakun tbc.

Archived