IGNORED

Player Ratings - v Brentford

Davefevs

2 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

I haven't seen the game, but I have to say Fevs' analysis of players looks pretty spot on from all the home games (I've attended all). He looks way beyond the ball and what players are doing in relation to one another and when the ball is on the other side of the pitch. Think he's got a good eye. These analyses could apply to most home games, too. I enjoy reading his descriptive feedback.Def someone I'd trust (no, am not related etc etc)

I know Dave in real life mate, played in the same team as him for a while too. He has a good ‘eye’ - you’re correct...

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I'm happy for challenge.  We all see the game differently, and I don't think @BS4 on Tour... on tour was disagreeing per se, just asking me if I was there...to try to gauge my perspective on my ratings.

Quite a few on here have given Fammy a 7, so perhaps I missed some of his play.  Thats cool!!!

Spot on Dave - I wasn’t disagreeing with, or criticising, you...sometimes people’s views on here about a player or a game differ to mine significantly....it’s just interesting to discuss how and why views differ...i was wondering if the difference can be because one person has had a singular viewpoint because they were at a game whilst another can see different things from all the angles shown whilst they watch on tv....

Great away game.  We looked terrible to begin with, but the break for Baker's injury plus Baker being replaced by Da Silva brought about a big change. 

When you consider Kelly has only just turned 20, his performance was fantastic. Da Silva's best game for us easily.  Webster was very solid.  I think that Eliasson has to start every game.  Even if he's not in the game much, when he gets the ball he creates stuff.  If we had a centre forward who was good at getting on the end of crosses, we'd improve hugely.  If Flint was still here, he'd have about 5 goals from corners and free kicks because the delivery is there but not the finish....  

51 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Great away game.  We looked terrible to begin with, but the break for Baker's injury plus Baker being replaced by Da Silva brought about a big change. 

From breaks in play, we were really slow to get back into position in the opening period.  That lack of reaction allows teams like Brentford (clever and quick thinking) to get at us from harmless positions.  Get into position as quickly as possible and take it from there.  The one occasion it really stood out was down our right from a throw in, where 4 of our players were ambling and they took a free kick...ultimately ending with a cut-back to Sawyers who hit a shot (luckily straightish) that Max parried away.

When you consider Kelly has only just turned 20, his performance was fantastic.

Too casual early doors, but grew into the game.  I don’t think I give him enough credit as he’s only 20.  

Da Silva's best game for us easily. 

Catalyst for getting us on the front-foot.  The only other time I have really seen him was a cameo against Boro, where he got us forward then too.

Webster was very solid. 

Thought he was just what I wanted from a ball-playing CB today.  Calm, and used the ball well.  Strode forward too.  Lot to like on his first quarter season with us.

I think that Eliasson has to start every game. 

I know what you mean.  Occupies their LB too.  Just think his Positioning needs improving.  Doesn’t give enough angles....Hunt suffers sometimes as a result.  But in the final third he causes his opponent difficulties because he doesn’t always go inside.Even if he's not in the game much, when he gets the ball he creates stuff.  If we had a centre forward who was good at getting on the end of crosses, we'd improve hugely. 

I think we have, and we were unlucky not to get a couple from his crosses today (at end of first half).

If Flint was still here, he'd have about 5 goals from corners and free kicks because the delivery is there but not the finish....  

Archived