IGNORED

Dumbest tv gameshows.... ?

WhistleHappy

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was on Eggheads once. We didn`t win but they did fly us up to Glasgow and put us up in a hotel for the night which was pretty good.

Nice of them to 'shell' out for you, did you do 'all-white' in your head to head section?  Hope your brains weren't 'scrambled' or 'pickled' under pressure of the caneras, …

Eggheads as a show is a real 'hard boiled' test for contestants though so 'well done' for getting on... not like some of those 'soft' game shows that 'crack me up ' with their 'dippy' participants who, I'm not 'yolk'ing, are frankly 'nineteen to the dozen'.

(sorry about that RRH :facepalm:)

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Ah, the Millionaire lady. They're all pretty amazing on that programme really. That Kevin guy is unreal, he's like a walking encyclopedia.

Yeah she is clever but a bit up herself - she tries to interact with you but it always sounds like she`s talking down at you. The rest including Dermot Murnaghan were all really nice but that Kevin bloke wasn`t there that day and he can be a bit of a dick apparently.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah she is clever but a bit up herself - she tries to interact with you but it always sounds like she`s talking down at you. The rest including Dermot Murnaghan were all really nice but that

*Kevin bloke wasn`t there that day and he can be a bit of a dick apparently.

*he should pitch for a new show of his own in that case …… KnobHeads? 

(ps.. Presume that annoying twerp  C J  wasn't there? as you mentioned the rest were really nice.) 

PPS... Have you got a recording you can post?... Same for @slartibartfast after the show goes out. 

19 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

*he should pitch for a new show of his own in that case …… KnobHeads? 

(ps.. Presume that annoying twerp  C J  wasn't there? as you mentioned the rest were really nice.) 

PPS... Have you got a recording you can post?... Same for @slartibartfast after the show goes out. 

No I haven`t mate. TBH I didn`t even watch it when it was on - I hate seeing myself in photos and on video.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I was a contestant on Pointless once. Bit rubbish for anyone who goes on the day after someone has won but the jackpot can be pretty decent if it rolls over...

You win more on Tenable and Tipping Point with no roll over. Pointless is a very apt name.

On 23/10/2018 at 12:09, Red_Wizard said:

If anyone says Bullseye they should get an instant ban.

Can't beat a bit of Bully!

On 31/10/2018 at 18:47, Red Right Hand said:

I was on Eggheads once. We didn`t win but they did fly us up to Glasgow and put us up in a hotel for the night which was pretty good.

The one that pisses me off. Arrogant bunch of know it alls. 

Also hate anything with Sandi Toksvig (her voice and demeanor make me want to shed my skin off with sandpaper).

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can't beat a bit of Bully!

The one that pisses me off. Arrogant bunch of know it alls. 

Also hate anything with Sandi Toksvig (her voice and demeanor make me want to shed my skin off with sandpaper).

I`ve only watched one edition of QI since she took over (and didn`t even get to the end of that) and I used to watch it religiously, even the repeats on Dave. I can`t stand her at all, she`s just too far up herself.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve only watched one edition of QI since she took over (and didn`t even get to the end of that) and I used to watch it religiously, even the repeats on Dave. I can`t stand her at all, she`s just too far up herself.

Exactly this. She comes across as a toff nosed, arrogant snob. I can't abide people like that.

On 23/10/2018 at 10:25, Taz said:

Personally I hate tipping point. I just can't get my head around the fact that people want to watch giant counters being dropped into a machine. Then again Deal or No Deal was about people opening emptying boxes ?

Coolio was on Tipping Point once, looking every ounce of "WTF have I done with my life??!?"

Anyone who talks smack about Bullseye or Knightmare can go do one.

On 24/10/2018 at 10:51, MC26 said:

Golden Balls was awful but I did have a chuckle at one of the endings that went around on YouTube after it was on. I'll try and find/link the video when I get home later. I just remember that it was an incredibly high jackpot (possibly £100k?). It was a girl and a guy in the final and the girl spent the whole time seeking re-assurance that the guy would split with her. She was practically begging and he was promising and promising that he'd split so they could have the money between them given how much they'd each receive. She had him wrapped around her finger and she subsequently stole the lot and left the guy practically in tears - he couldn't look at her afterwards. 

One of my mates went on there once and of course chose to steal at the end (why wouldn't you?), he left with nothing. Would've been about £10k if the other finalist didn't steal also. 

Tipping Point is definitely the worst for me. I struggle to believe that people can get quite so excited about a giant 2p machine. I have only ever seen people choose 3 counters per question at the end and the questions are incredibly easy, I'd love to know what questions they get asked for 1 counter... 

I liked the one that forced them to change the rules

23 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Put it this way.........as good as LJ's recent record !

Went very close couple of times .

Just had a look at last Monday's episode, going off the accent I'm guessing you must be Geoff? Good effort, those 2 in the head to head were a bit good weren't they. 

Looks like an enjoyable quiz to go on. 

25 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Just had a look at last Monday's episode, going off the accent I'm guessing you must be Geoff? Good effort, those 2 in the head to head were a bit good weren't they. 

Looks like an enjoyable quiz to go on. 

Couldn't believe they were so quick, I knew most of the answers and at one point I asked them to check my buzzer as I was pressing the same time as the others.........but there you go !  Had a fantastic time ,none the less.

Archived