IGNORED

Parson Street rail station keep buying those train tickets

Never to the dark side

Trains to PS are okay for night time matches

Return trip ain't no good.

Even if you don't or can't use Parson Street please get your tickets to Parson Street

if you use the train to  get to BTM

Could I also ask if you start ANY rail  journey from Bristol Temple Meads

Ask the nice ticket office staff to issue the ticket/s from Parson street

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Trains to PS are okay for night time matches

Return trip ain't no good.

Even if you don't or can't use Parson Street please get your tickets to Parson Street

if you use the train to  get to BTM

Could I also ask if you start ANY rail  journey from Bristol Temple Meads

Ask the nice ticket office staff to issue the ticket/s from Parson street

Why?

2 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Why?

Because it pushes up the football at the station,

with no extra costs to the pasenger

which  will give ammunition to either get Ashton Gate halt rebuilt or a mobility footbridge installed at Parson street

Coming up from the South West,gonna check that one out

and I'll let you now

Footfall .. bloody predictive text eh?... either that or you've got football on the brain NTTDS.  :) 

The reason for specifically buying a ticket to, and from, Parson Street is that whilst people may get on and off there if they are not buying a ticket to it then it is not recorded as being in use and it climbs higher up the list of least used stations so comes into the frame for closure.

Coombe Junction Halt on the Liskeard Looe line is similar as most people getting off there for a walk will then get back on and go onto Looe and hence buy a Liskeard - Looe return so their visit to CJH isn't recorded and it is accordingly down as being one of the least visited stations in the UK.  I don't know the numbers exactly but you are talking low double figures per year rather than into the hundreds.

Most years a train enthusiasts' group specifically has an outing to there which quadruples the number of visits because they all buy tickets specifically to there.

So if you are using Parson Street and want it to stay open then buy your ticket to it specifically.

15 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The reason for specifically buying a ticket to, and from, Parson Street is that whilst people may get on and off there if they are not buying a ticket to it then it is not recorded as being in use and it climbs higher up the list of least used stations so comes into the frame for closure.

Coombe Junction Halt on the Liskeard Looe line is similar as most people getting off there for a walk will then get back on and go onto Looe and hence buy a Liskeard - Looe return so their visit to CJH isn't recorded and it is accordingly down as being one of the least visited stations in the UK.  I don't know the numbers exactly but you are talking low double figures per year rather than into the hundreds.

Most years a train enthusiasts' group specifically has an outing to there which quadruples the number of visits because they all buy tickets specifically to there.

So if you are using Parson Street and want it to stay open then buy your ticket to it specifically.

As the fare is the same whether you go to Parson Street, Bedminster or t]Temple Meads, the ticket should allow you through the exit at TM without any problems.

And if your journey is from Weston SM, it's the same fare whether you travel from/to Worle, Weston Milton and Weston Super Mare.so if you have an interest in keeping Weston Milton open, book to/from that one.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

@Never to the dark side My dear friend my I point you into the direction of this thread which I have just seen http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=20559.0;topicseen

You may like to add to it?

Someone seems to be getting a little bit more than obsessed with this whole Parson Street ticketing thing!!

We all know it won't make a blind bit of difference, the only time any additional trains were put on was when a supporter got together with a member of staff to get it arranged for the cup games last season. At the end of the day, the service has been crap for years

image.png.a773aac8f5cf9c19069ef6cc321fc9a6.png

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Why?

Because it pushes up the football at the station,

with no extra costs to the pasenger

which  will give ammunition to either get Ashton Gate halt rebuilt or a mobility footbridge installed at Parson street

Coming up from the South West,gonna check that one out

and I'll let you now

If I bought a return from Parson Street to WSM would I be able to catch the train at TM ?

• Admin
53 minutes ago, harrys said:

If I bought a return from Parson Street to WSM would I be able to catch the train at TM ?

Not valid at the barriers, have been with people that have tried before

Hate to say people are encouraged to buy to Temple Meads incase they are coming back that way

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not valid at the barriers, have been with people that have tried before

Hate to say people are encouraged to buy to Temple Meads incase they are coming back that way

Seems strange if it’s the same price, how often is Parson Street or Bedminster  used outside of match days?

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I would not worry about that parson Street is well used was only looking at the numbers for local stations a few months back, it stands up well against some bigger stations, no chance at all of it closing, 

Now if we want to support a local station Pilning would be a better option as if I remember right its users didn't break the 100 barrier last year

3 hours ago, harrys said:

As tickets from parson Street to Weston are valid vir BTM I would say yes as you have the right to go through the barrier to use station facilities like the shop when u are changing trains that's all u tell the person on the barrier and u get through, done it my self with Bridgwater to parson Street tickets which are also can be used for a change at BTM

Good to see patronage levels for Parson Street are on an upward trajectory!

Annual rail passenger usage*
2012/13 Increase 87,932
2013/14 Increase 102,654
2014/15 Increase 114,458
2015/16 Increase 126,636
2016/17 Increase 145,608

(from the Office of Rail & Road statistics) 

On 24/10/2018 at 08:13, Never to the dark side said:

Trains to PS are okay for night time matches STOP

Return trip ain't no good. STOP

Even if you don't or can't use Parson Street please get your tickets to Parson Street STOP

if you use the train to  get to BTM STOP

Could I also ask if you start ANY rail  journey from Bristol Temple Meads STOP

Ask the nice ticket office staff to issue the ticket/s from Parson street END MESSAGE

I can't help reading John's posts like this, ah the heady days of telegram messaging. My father received news of his British Empire Medal in that medium. :)

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

A few weeks ago one member said it looked like poetry.

Thought to one's self I can't write poetry.

Then realised is how poetry is laid out.

The reason I  lay out  my postings out in poetry fashion,

is it stops me and maybe others of running words into other words.

How often have you heard

Frog and fost

17 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

How often have you heard

Frog and fost

Yes that was me as well John, that was a shorter post and it looked like a Haiku. :)

No criticism intended, it's nice to see a different style and generally it makes it easier to read. 

On 24/10/2018 at 12:46, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Someone seems to be getting a little bit more than obsessed with this whole Parson Street ticketing thing!!

We all know it won't make a blind bit of difference, the only time any additional trains were put on was when a supporter got together with a member of staff to get it arranged for the cup games last season. At the end of the day, the service has been crap for years

image.png.a773aac8f5cf9c19069ef6cc321fc9a6.png

Noticing a pattern now . . . 

image.thumb.png.56123760d67167ed61eac6fd39cc623d.png

On 24/10/2018 at 17:34, winsaw said:

I would not worry about that parson Street is well used was only looking at the numbers for local stations a few months back, it stands up well against some bigger stations, no chance at all of it closing, 

Now if we want to support a local station Pilning would be a better option as if I remember right its users didn't break the 100 barrier last year

Why would anyone who usually travels to Parson Street want to get a train to Pilning? Sounds like something NTTDS would do but it would be a bit of a hassle on a match day just to try and keep Pilning open.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:21, Never to the dark side said:

How often have you heard

Frog and fost

Well it's about time someone put a STOP to it.. :) 

Archived