IGNORED

Bristol City v Hull City Match Day 14

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Webster MOM for me, followed by O’Leary (especially for his save at the start) and Taylor (who makes things happen).

Absolutely. I really rate Webster, a very classy footballer. Thought Max has some cracking saves, good quick throws but also good game management at the end. Ball went out for a GK and he made sure it wasn’t near him to slow the game down. 

O’Leary, Webster, Kalas and Dasilva decent, Taylor great cameo.

The rest needs to look at those five, particularly at the youngsters, and ask themselves am I putting the same in as them. 

O’Leary stand out. Good lad, targeted by the opposition and stood tall. 

19 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Blimey, for the last three hours of football we've played, all I've read on here is how crap we are. Six points from six can't be too shabby mind. 

...but not good enough for some. :wacko:

Were papering over cracks hull could of quite easily won.fammy not good enough.taylor should start.packs passing is piss poor.2 lucky wins we should have lost both tbh.but winning when not playing well is a good sign and ye max looks the part .if all the players were firing we could challenge for a play off spot .but the league is so tight.and we definitely need a striker . dobbie is scoring loads be worth a gamble i think

I thought we gave away the ball far too much. I was not impressed with Hull at all. Relegation campaign for them. We made them look better than they are. Men of the match..Webster..O'leary, and the singing section. Tried their best to make a poor game sound interesting. 

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...but not good enough for some. :wacko:

“Relentless in the pursuit of excellence.” - Lee Johnson.

All joking apart, I’d rather be critical of a sloppy 1-0 win over Hull and demand improvement, rather than just criticise when have the same performance and get whacked 3-0. It’s called being fair, I also praised the team after West Brom because it was a good performance. Balance.

5 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

Were papering over cracks hull could of quite easily won.fammy not good enough.taylor should start.packs passing is piss poor.2 lucky wins we should have lost both tbh.but winning when not playing well is a good sign and ye max looks the part .if all the players were firing we could challenge for a play off spot .but the league is so tight.and we definitely need a striker . dobbie is scoring loads be worth a gamble i think

Why would we want to sign a 35 year old from the Scottish championship? 

Just about deserved that on the balance of play, I think.

Some really neat buildup play at times, Brownhill desperately unlucky not to score.

We looked pretty vulnerable at the back and particularly down the flanks, and some extremely slopping passing that gifted the ball back to Hull.

Taylor should definitely have been given more than 10 minutes or so to make his mark on the game.

Officials were crap.

53 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

THANK YOU MATTY TAYLOR, THE GOALS YOU'RE SCORING, THANKS FOR ALL THE JOY YOU'RE BRINGING, GAS CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM, OH WHAT CAN I BE, WHAT ARE WE? SO I SAY THANK YOU MATTY TAYLOR, FOR SCORING GOALS FOR ME

Whilst you're at it Bjorn how about a ditty for Patterson?

I'd suggest you base it on 'Super Pooper' ....

We’ve been lucky the last two games, it has to be said. Although we’ve showed character, the midfield lately has really been letting us down. Both Pack and Brownhill have been below par for a few weeks now.

The back four and GK haven’t put a foot wrong, I think the wide players have also contributed but central players and forwards really need to improve if we want to get anything out of Stoke on Saturday.

40 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I think there are some on here that wouldn't be happy if we bagged seven points from an available six. 

...and there are some on here who simply cannot accept any criticism of any player or the team. Yes Fammy scored but he was dreadful tonight and so were some other players. So, just because we won does that mean we have to blindly ignore anything that concerns us? We just have to dance around like inebriated morris dancers scattering rose petals while grinning inanely? Of course we are all delighted that we won, but it wasn’t a great game, it wasn’t a great Bristol City performance and there was plenty to cause concern, unless of course you are one of those on here who simply cannot look past a result.

When we lost to WBA there was lots of positivity on here because it was an encouraging performance and Bristol City gave us lots to feel good about that night. So, we could look past the result and praise a good performance. It can be the same the other way round, when we scrape a victory with a worrying performance it isn’t a bad thing to look past the result and highlight concerns....but some people aren’t able to do that or accept that....

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

What did you think of tonight’s game? 

Well fought victory in a very tough and competitive league. Did you expect us to walk all over Hull?

Very happy with another clean sheet and to be competing at the right end of the table.

Didn’t learn much new tonight, we lack cutting edge, but that’s us with our budget and place in this division.

Thought Famara worked much harder tonight and deserved his goal. 

Webster improving all the time. 

Watched the game with a Stoke fan......key thoughts from us both:

1) Thought Hull gave it a go and looked better than their league position suggests

2) Delighted that Max now has two clean sheets behind him, what a great save he made early on

3) City improved as the game went on

4) On balance a draw was probably the right result

5) Delighted to have won

6) Fine margins 

Strange game.  First half really open and could have been last years score at half time.  Very vulnerable on the wing with Paterson offering very little defensive support.  Hunt prediacacly being found out out of position.  Great save by Max early doors.  Second half a non event until O’Dowda and Taylor came on and really gave us a spark.  Thought Webster was the stand out and Matty‘ s cameo were the 2 real positives.  Despite his goal Diedhiou has to do more and Watkins even though he was on the pitch for a short time I really don’t see what he brings to the team.  Thought Eliasson also had a good game.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and there are some on here who simply cannot accept any criticism of any player or the team. Yes Fammy scored but he was dreadful tonight and so were some other players. So, just because we won does that mean we have to blindly ignore anything that concerns us? We just have to dance around like inebriated morris dancers scattering rose petals while grinning inanely? Of course we are all delighted that we won, but it wasn’t a great game, it wasn’t a great Bristol City performance and there was plenty to cause concern, unless of course you are one of those on here who simply cannot look past a result.

When we lost to WBA there was lots of positivity on here because it was an encouraging performance and Bristol City gave us lots to feel good about that night. So, we could look past the result and praise a good performance. It can be the same the other way round, when we scrape a victory with a worrying performance it isn’t a bad thing to look past the result and highlight concerns....but some people aren’t able to do that or accept that....

I'll put my hands up, as someone who wasn't there - for obvious reasons I'd guess - I can't really look past the result. I take your point, my comments was meant more as a barb at the increasing number of people on here who refuse to display flexibility in their opinion - it's all about Johnson In or Johnson Out. Feel for the players tbh, two last minute wins on the spin and still so much negativity. At this stage of the season, shouldn't we be happy with picking up the points while we work out what we can or can't achieve. 

we all sit in different seats and have a different view of the game some of us concentrate on some players more than others most have a view on how we should line up but at the end of the day Lee picks the side he thinks can win but one day he will be sacked and somebody else will take charge and do better or worse. 

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

Not a first half team are we. Our tactics seem to be try to wear the other side out and rely on them missing the chances they create.

Real mixed performance. At the moment would start Taylor for his work rate, rather powderpuff up front.

with the benefit of hindsight as you can see from the time I replied it worked didn't It, same as Brentford, let's just enjoy the last two results and not over analyse.

3 hours ago, fatchers said:

Don't look anything like 19,000

Red button that's why, parking is a nightmare and when the weather really bites it's only going to get worse, will be amazed if season ticket sales don't plummet, and with the price of potd sorry can't blame anyone for thinking twice.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Its going to be hard to stay in the top half between now and January with the strikers' goal scoring ability seemingly and largely drying up; have to buy big in Jan unless its 'Project Championship Remain' all over again.

and the prize for mistimed post of the night goes to!!!

49 minutes ago, reddoh said:

we all sit in different seats and have a different view of the game some of us concentrate on some players more than others most have a view on how we should line up but at the end of the day Lee picks the side he thinks can win but one day he will be sacked and somebody else will take charge and do better or worse. 

and in six months it will be spring tra! la! la!

Archived