IGNORED

Bristol City v Hull City Match Day 14

Septic Peg

Boring game.

But at least we are not behind as Hull concede the majority of their goals in the second half and we score our majority in the second half. Here's hoping, cause its been shite so far.

Can we get an actual striker in January, loan or permanent ?  Please.

One who is not static and one who can make runs to the near post. Is that asking too much ?

Eisa may be that man, I hope so.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Not a first half team are we. Our tactics seem yo be try to wear the other side out and rely on them missing the chances they create.

Real mixed performance. At the moment would start Taylor for his work rate, rather powderpuff up front.

I no longer have any idea what our tactics are, or at least what our preferred style of play is supposed to be. We have no identity as a side this season.

Very open game. Entertaining. Both sides should have scored. Them probably more so - they have found gaps and put some dangerous balls in. Sometimes we have been our own worst enemy by playing silly passes in dangerous areas that are intercepted. Our forwards haven't really been firing. Brownhill unlucky with the shot that hit the post.

Webster has played very well. O'Leary made good saves early on.

1 minute ago, Bristol is red said:

Promising thing is we're creating chances, worrying thing is we don't seem to have a natural goal scorer to finish them.

I would have Famara off and Taylor on at the start of the second half, at least Taylor can make runs and isn't totally static and easy to mark.

We just need to calm down. Our passing has been sloppy, our first touch (especially our strikers) has been sloppy and so has our decision making. 

Regroup at the break, breath and hopefully come back out and dominate. It’s very doable in this game. 

Shout out to Webster who’s playing very well.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Boring game.

But at least we are not behind as Hull concede the majority of their goals in the second half and we score our majority in the second half. Here's hoping, cause its been shite so far.

Can we get an actual striker in January, loan or permanent ?  Please.

One who is not static and one who can make runs to the near post. Is that asking too much ?

Eisa may be that man, I hope so.

Boring? Loads of chances at both ends, should be about 3-2.

Don’t think we have been poor, like others said we have just been wasteful when we’ve regained possession at times. 

When we do pass the ball around, it does look good but I don’t see us hurting Hull too much apart from Brownhill hitting the post. Hull look more dangerous going forward than we do and they go at pace. We tend to slow it down and look around for options! 

Jay Da Silva has looked great, our best player so far.

45 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Fammys been frustrating to watch so far 

He looks like he's struggling with his mobility to me.

Both Fammy and Patterson aren't going to do an awful lot of covering, Hull will counter with success, this would be s game in which Smith would show his worth.

I could see Brownhill doing well a touch further up the field, feeding a more central Patterson; who is no wide man.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It comes to something when people are crying out for Matty Taylor. This side desperately needs a decent striker. Fammy isn't at the races this season, Weimann's early promise has slipped away, and our attacking midfielders and wingers are largely useless.

Have to agree.  Defensively I think we have a really good squad. I'm in the minority it seems in thinking Hunt has been good tonight and looks really up for it.

But wingers and strikers....oh dear. Think we have to start facing up to the obvious - o'dowda, elliason, paterson and watkins are never gonna be top players in this division and fammy aint the £5M man we hoped.

Hoping Adelkun and Eisa come good.

Archived