IGNORED

Webster

Dastardly and Muttley

I was saying the same about Webster so I’m glad he has his own thread. 

I though he was colossal defensively and an absolute tower of strength all night. On the ball he lived up to the billing he got when he joined us. He was calm, composed and used the ball well. 

If he carries on like this we’ve got a fantastic player on our hands. 

8 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

When he first came I didn't think he was that quick, but tonight he looked pacy.

Loved the way he is starting to bring it out of defence as well as his cross field passes (just not too often please - Pack fell into this trap).

Watched the game on BCTV tonight from my hotel in Norwich, Korey was doing the summarising and was laughing at himself for the number of times he had to say, "great piece of defending by Webby". He's clearly appreciated by his team mates. 
You mention his pace, in the second half, Dicko beat his man on the right side of the penalty area and I couldn't believe how quickly he got across from a central position to take the ball from him. Dicko didn't see him coming and ended up fouling him, because he appeared from nowhere.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The best CB performance I’ve seen by a City CB since my return to watching in 13/14.  Only saw Caulker on telly, so he is the most recent comparable performance.

Absolute class tonight.

He was definitely our best player last night but all players have decent games as Eliasson did at Griffin Park. Hopefully Webster and Kalas can perform like last night again on Saturday.

Archived