IGNORED

Saturday would be a good day to win

Padlad

If we can keep the run going and beat Stoke on Saturday we will mostly be right up there. When you look at the other fixtures, most of the top half are playing each other. A win would mostly likely see us into the playoffs and possibly only a  couple points of top. The division is super close this season and no one seems able to escape the chasing pack. 

• Middlesbrough12:30Derby County

• Birmingham City15:00Sheffield Wednesday

• Bolton Wanderers15:00Hull City

• Bristol City15:00Stoke City

• Millwall15:00Ipswich Town

• Norwich City15:00Brentford

• Preston North End15:00Rotherham United

• Sheffield United15:00Wigan Athletic

• Swansea City15:00Reading

• West Bromwich Albion15:00Blackburn Rovers

• Leeds United17:30Nottingham Forest

I'm not sure we can reach a playoff position by winning this weekend but could be 7th or 8th and two points off the top looking at the fixtures and using this calculator;

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

If we lose, 11th place possibly and still only five or six points off the top maybe.

A draw wouldn't be too bad considering the last two games.

13 minutes ago, Padlad said:

If we can keep the run going and beat Stoke on Saturday we will mostly be right up there. When you look at the other fixtures, most of the top half are playing each other. A win would mostly likely see us into the playoffs and possibly only a  couple points of top. The division is super close this season and no one seems able to escape the chasing pack. 

• Middlesbrough12:30Derby County
  • Birmingham City15:00Sheffield Wednesday
  • Bolton Wanderers15:00Hull City
  • Bristol City15:00Stoke City
  • Millwall15:00Ipswich Town
  • Norwich City15:00Brentford
  • Preston North End15:00Rotherham United
  • Sheffield United15:00Wigan Athletic
  • Swansea City15:00Reading
  • West Bromwich Albion15:00Blackburn Rovers
  • Leeds United17:30Nottingham Forest

A lot of high scoring predictions there but I doubt we will put 15 past Stoke

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm not sure we can reach a playoff position by winning this weekend but could be 7th or 8th and two points off the top looking at the fixtures and using this calculator;

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

Uh? Course we can, we win and either West Brom or Derby lose or Norwich draw or lose, we are in a play-off position. Depending on those results, the only possible way we wont then be in a play-off spot will be by goal difference if Forest win at Leeds

I think every day of the week is a good day to win :) 

I hope we adopt a more attacking mindset for this game, and that LJ and the players don't just approach it as a game we "mustn't lose", which is the feeling I got on Wednesday, although we ended up with a welcome win then. 

34 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I think every day of the week is a good day to win :) 

I hope we adopt a more attacking mindset for this game, and that LJ and the players don't just approach it as a game we "mustn't lose", which is the feeling I got on Wednesday, although we ended up with a welcome win then. 

I hope we continue a ' winning ' mindset for Saturday.

Not going to be easy, no game is. Recent form is as good a guide as league position, and other than losing to Birmingham 1-0, Stokes recent form is improving, last two away a draw at Sheff Utd and a win at Norwich, so they will be confident they are heading the right way.

We maybe have been lucky catching teams recently at the right time...Brentford and Hull both no win in five, and Sheff Wed just the one win in the last five...against us.

Of course we can win,  but like the last few games can see it being a bit of a toss up on the day.

If we attack Stoke too hard they have the quality in their team to punish us.

I do wonder whether this game requires a little more caution then the last two.

I do think that Weimann and Taylor do have the ability to unsettle defences and Fam may be a better impact substitute as I'm not sure he has 90 minutes of effort or energy in him.

I always expect 3 points from home games and at least 1 point from away games but you don't always get what you want do you.

12 hours ago, cityexile said:

Not going to be easy, no game is. Recent form is as good a guide as league position, and other than losing to Birmingham 1-0, Stokes recent form is improving, last two away a draw at Sheff Utd and a win at Norwich, so they will be confident they are heading the right way.

We maybe have been lucky catching teams recently at the right time...Brentford and Hull both no win in five, and Sheff Wed just the one win in the last five...against us.

Of course we can win,  but like the last few games can see it being a bit of a toss up on the day.

I’ve all but given up trying to predict results this season. There is so little between so many teams. We’ve beaten teams above us, lost to teams below us, not won games everyone expected us to win and not lost games everyone expected us to lose.

I think this season more than ever, it’s going to be up and down the whole time. The question is simply whether we can have enough ups to keep us in the play off hunt.

Archived