IGNORED

Wages

Redcliffe1990

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I do, as of this season. It's not hard to find out if you speak to the right people. 

Our top earner is on £18k pw and the rest of the first team squad are on between £7-12k pw.

Given that, I'd say the numbers on that spreadsheet are entirely believable. 

So someone involved in that Preston debacle is earning £936,000 a year.

How incredibly depressing.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I do, as of this season. It's not hard to find out if you speak to the right people. 

Our top earner is on £18k pw and the rest of the first team squad are on between £7-12k pw.

That would be basic salary I suppose, not allowing for bonuses or image rights etc .

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And how much appearance bonus?

If that is correct, that’s £900k for one player.  Fine.

If the rest are on £12k worse case, that’s £600k.  Even 25 squad members all on that top rate is £15m.  Our wage bill is significantly higher.

I would suggest this might be their basic salary, but suspect they are earning quite a bit more than this with bonuses on top.

Preston have finished 7th, 11th and 11th on gates of 13,700, 12,600, and 13,035. Whilst buying lads from Ireland, the lower leagues and the likes of Callum Robinson and Greg Cunningham. And selling their better players, and losing a successful coach, along the way. Six uncontested points from us each season helps,  but still...I am making an assumption that they are not paying the wages we appear to be.

This might be why in May SL looked at this season and said: I'll have better again, please. We have enough to do better than we have done so far in the Championship  (18th, 17th and 11th).

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So someone involved in that Preston debacle is earning £936,000 a year.

How incredibly depressing.

Yep, but then I thought Villa were awful at AG earlier in the season and some of theirs and Stoke players for example are earning three times ours.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And how much appearance bonus?

If that is correct, that’s £900k for one player.  Fine.

If the rest are on £12k worse case, that’s £600k.  Even 25 squad members all on that top rate is £15m.  Our wage bill is significantly higher.

I would suggest this might be their basic salary, but suspect they are earning quite a bit more than this with bonuses on top.

Yep, those are basics so must be a bit of a killing to be made from appearance, win, goal etc bonuses. I guess we did pretty well on that front last season. Does the wage bill include all football staff, under 23s etc too? Signing-on fees, wages for loan players?

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, but then I thought Villa were awful at AG earlier in the season and some of theirs and Stoke players for example are earning three times ours.

Yep, those are basics so must be a bit of a killing to be made from appearance, win, goal etc bonuses. I guess we did pretty well on that front last season. Does the wage bill include all football staff, under 23s etc too? Signing-on fees, wages for loan players?

Yes it should include all Bristol City staff. 

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes it should include all Bristol City staff. 

It will include all players on a professional contract but not those who are Academy scholars.

The grey areas, IMO, are the ground staff, media, Ticketing, food and drink concessions. I guess that Bristol Sport are employing them, and City and Rugby make pro rata contributions.

Also not clear at all is the share of non football income from the use of the stadium complex. Do City and Bris get any share of this, or is the profit entirely for SL?

All staff.

On wages and total accounts, the best accounts to look at are BCFC Holdings I feel, give the best picture- the stadium based revenue should be included in these accounts- you look at that for the full pic and that is the best to use for City in some ways, because it gives the highest turnover. The flipside is it tends to have the highest costs, but I'd suggest BCFC Holdings will give the full picture good and bad.

After a quick brief look at both accounts, all factors are the same- except for one factor in the revenue segments.  "Other Commercial and Revenue Income" This explains the difference and presumably encompasses all the other activities at the ground hence why the higher rate appears in "BCFC Holdings" and not "BCFC".

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

It will include all players on a professional contract but not those who are Academy scholars.

The grey areas, IMO, are the ground staff, media, Ticketing, food and drink concessions. I guess that Bristol Sport are employing them, and City and Rugby make pro rata contributions.

Also not clear at all is the share of non football income from the use of the stadium complex. Do City and Bris get any share of this, or is the profit entirely for SL?

Bold bit. Yes, that’s the way it will work

Archived