IGNORED

Bobby Reid Liverpool fan

hoxton casual

4 hours ago, David Brent said:

Bobby does support Liverpool though

2nd biggest club in Bristol

Even my hero, Louis, is a Liverpool fan.

Definitely a Liverpool love in around our City. I’ve got blood-relatives, Bristol born, who support Liverpool over City. They don’t get Christmas cards.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Definitely a Liverpool love in around our City. I’ve got blood-relatives, Bristol born, who support Liverpool over City. They don’t get Christmas cards.

It is for that reason I absolutely detest Liverpool.

My friends often mock me for our results and say I should support a proper team, my response is I do support a real team, I go to a real stadium, I hear the real sounds of the stadium, I know what it's like to experience a real match day.

I wouldn't change it for their SKY TV viewing experience.

With Bristol City I feel a deep local connection with them, Bristol City runs through my blood, my dad supported them before me and his father before him. With them two no longer with us then going to the ground makes me feel closer to them.

I now take my kids along and I hope when they grow older they will take their children along to carry it on. 

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It is for that reason I absolutely detest Liverpool.

My friends often mock me for our results and say I should support a proper team, my response is I do support a real team, I go to a real stadium, I hear the real sounds of the stadium, I know what it's like to experience a real match day.

I wouldn't change it for their SKY TV viewing experience.

With Bristol City I feel a deep local connection with them, Bristol City runs through my blood, my dad supported them before me and his father before him. With them two no longer with us then going to the ground makes me feel closer to them.

I now take my kids along and I hope when they grow older they will take their children along to carry it on. 

I don't detest Liverpool, but I completely agree with your views on people supporting a team they have no connection with, apart from them being successful. I also agree with you on why supporting your local club through generations,  is a special joy. I could not replicate through watching a team on TV.

I feel the same about England. I am English and I therefore support them. If a player who is to all intents and purposes English,  but decides to play for another country then I would not feel such a close an affinity as someone who did. Joe Bryan rejecting Scotland is a decision I can understand. Its a feeling of belonging and where you come from. Its does get quite complicated but it's how I feel. It doesn't stop me supporting wholeheartedly players who wear our shirt but support and or play for other clubs or national teams. For instance l love Callum Odowda and the way he plays in our shirt. 

Let's be honest here, the majority of football "fans" in the Bristol and surrounding areas have little or no interest in City or Rovers, pubs in Bristol get packed when Utd or Liverpool and the rest are on but you struggle to find a pub showing a City game. I walk from Temple Meads to games and the amount of shirts of the premier teams that I see in Bedminster is incredible, you generally wouldn't know City are playing until fairly close to the ground but I do think things are changing, you see lots of youngsters at Ashton Gate these days. 

4 hours ago, Xiled said:

Players have the free will to support any team they choose.

How they play for us is how I judge them.

I never once had a reason to question Bobby Reid's commitment. 

End of.

This is my view, too. 

I also don't see anything wrong with being a fan or a supporter of another club as well as City. For whatever reason. Can't stand it when I hear bollocks like: "You can't be a fan/supporter of more than one club".  

51 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wecan support whoever we want to.  I am a lifeling City supporter first and foremost, however, I also support England and any English teams when they are flying the flag in Europe - Except for Arsenal maybe ?

I always support the English clubs in Europe, I'd rather see an English club win than a foreign team. It's good for the English game if English clubs do well in Europe.

Apart from Liverpool, they are the exception, they can f off and I hope they lose every game they play.

I don't follow a premier League team, there is teams I enjoy watching but whoever Liverpool is playing for that game I'm a big fan of the opposing team.

Archived