IGNORED

Hollowhead attempts to stay relevant

Septic Peg

3 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I may be the only person here to think this, but all this hate for Holloway is so childish.  Maybe it comes with age and maturity, but I never get hating someone because they've played for a rival football team.  I mean, really? 

Ian Holloway, as a person is a pretty decent bloke by all accounts. A loving father to his disabled children and a fellow Bristolian.   

Apart from playing for the Gas and once calling us Poo-Poo heads, can anyone else explain the hatred/dislike? Am I missing something? 

I find it somewhat weird and childish. 

Just my opinion. 

I agree when it is without any humour and there is a genuine intense hatred then it's bordering on disturbing.  When there is a bit of pantomime banter and fun then I think it's harmless and the 'pantomime villain's' such as Warnock and Holloway quite enjoy it themselves.  As I say, it's all about whether humour is involved and just a bit of fun when there is no unnecessary viscousness. I guess it's the same with cricket banter which is a fun element of the game unless a boundary (pun intended!) is crossed.

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:26, Robbored said:

City have fans just like him.

Tbh, I’ve never had a problem with gasheads. Loads of them used to drink in my local and they were a decent bunch of guys, but one particular had a fierce dislike of everything City related and I well remember after an evening match at AG. I was chatting with him in the pub and he asked if I’d been to watch the shit and I said yeah and that City had drawn the game and had played crap - he looked utterly shocked and said that he could never admit that the gas had played crap even if they had. He was so passionate about the the Gas that he couldn’t say anything negative about them.

All clubs have fans like it. Imagine what it must like in Birmingham.......

Of course we have but, our fans would have come up with something a little more inventive given a little time and thought, than something you might hear repeated in a junior school playground, and still repeated many years later. That was the point I was getting at.

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

Of course we have but, our fans would have come up with something a little more inventive given a little time and thought, than something you might hear repeated in a junior school playground, and still repeated many years later. That was the point I was getting at.

Have you read the Gas dustbin thread on here?   Kinda defeats your point.......All clubs have thicko’s and numpties and we nor the gas are exempt from that fact.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Have you read the Gas dustbin thread on here?   Kinda defeats your point.......All clubs have thicko’s and numpties and we nor the gas are exempt from that fact.

My point is, the references used by supporters of BRFC to describe Ashton gate and our team is childish with little thought used in the make up of those terms. As in, they could have been made by a five year old. Having read the dustbin thread many times and contributed to it lot's of times, which if you were more observant you would know and not ask stupid questions, I can't see how it defeats my point of it being a childish comment. The Rovers supporter I referred to is sixty three years old and quite intelligent, yet he and many others like him choose to make childish references, the only reason I can think of why it hasn't been improved on is that, they are not inventive enough to come up with anything more clever.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:51, Badger08 said:

I may be the only person here to think this, but all this hate for Holloway is so childish.  Maybe it comes with age and maturity, but I never get hating someone because they've played for a rival football team.  I mean, really? 

Ian Holloway, as a person is a pretty decent bloke by all accounts. A loving father to his disabled children and a fellow Bristolian.   

Apart from playing for the Gas and once calling us Poo-Poo heads, can anyone else explain the hatred/dislike? Am I missing something? 

I find it somewhat weird and childish. 

Just my opinion. 

Perhaps some of it stems from a statement he made while on an open top bus tour, to a large crowd of Rovers supporters. It went along the lines of "the only good City fan, is a dead one". Charming humanitarian type of fellow.

By the way, I don't hate him, I admire his passion but think of him as a bit of a buffoon. 

Archived