IGNORED

MOYES

Langford Red

I'd take him in a heartbeat. You can't tell that he wouldn't attract a higher level of player in recruitment or get more out of our current players. He is a mgr that would command more respect than LJ. We would be foolish to turn down the opportunity to appoint someone of his calibre however I don't see us getting the opportunity in a million years

Have to wonder whether he's another manager football is leaving behind. Everton was such a wonderful fit for him but nothing has worked since and I doubt if he'd had any success at his last 3 clubs he'd have been making the comment about managing us sometime. 

32 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

We'll never get a manager with pedigree, we'll always take the cheap option which usually means a weak 'yes' man as well.

This is what I've found most odd about the club, happy to spend miilions on signing players but take the cheap option on the man whose responsible for gluing it all together.  With our redeveloped stadium and leaps forward off the field we're in a much better position now to attact better coaches however.

LJ is doing just about ok for now, however we stand at 2 wins in 9 including 5 losses, we have Preston at home then Leeds away, should we fail to win one of those the pressure will begin to mount once again.

48 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

may be bring Dave in to support lee as we all know he won't get replaced  as long as Lansdown is running the club

Homer Simpson Episode 3 GIF

As said elsewhere, if Lansdown would never sack LJ why was there a need for the meeting about whether to sack or persist with him Lansdown has mentioned in interviews?

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Have to wonder whether he's another manager football is leaving behind. Everton was such a wonderful fit for him but nothing has worked since and I doubt if he'd had any success at his last 3 clubs he'd have been making the comment about managing us sometime. 

Yeah ,he only had to avoid relegation each year for him to be a"success" .

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Pointless thread,

Our HC will be here until he decides to leave ( unlikely) or there is a change in ownership 

Finally someone else gets it.

Stay in champ until sold.

It's all about the £400,000,000 Premier League cherry on top of all that lovely space for houses.

THEN

New owner, new manager, new ambition.

32 minutes ago, pillred said:

why is that?

It isn't.

Zod is just perpetuating a myth that was made up on OTIB and has since been spread repeatedly as fact by those who do not want Johnson here, despite the actual evidence to the contrary.

There was a meeting about the possibility of Johnson being sacked during his first bad run. If his job was as safe as Zod et al claim then such a meeting would never have taken place.

53 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Finally someone else gets it.

Stay in champ until sold.

It's all about the £400,000,000 Premier League cherry on top of all that lovely space for houses.

THEN

New owner, new manager, new ambition.

I think what you mean is "finally someone else has the same conspiracy theory as me that I am not able to substantiate with any evidence or facts"

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok fair enough he didn’t but he inherited a championship winning side so you could argue he didn’t need to.

oh yeah forgot to include he took Sunderland down.

his career is on the slide don’t think anyone could argue against that.

Grow up soft lad is all I have to say to be brutal because you clearly haven’t a clue 

I can’t help but wonder if LJ is still the Head Coach because, on balance, he hasn’t done a bad job. He has had two terrible runs but his win % is, I think, the best of any Bristol City Manager in the second tier since our last spell in the top flight.

Win % aren’t everything but he has also improved on our league position every season since he as been here, got us to a league cup semi final and, whilst our football hasn’t been great at times, there were points last season when non Bristol City related pundits were highlighting how good we were to watch.

The Jekyll and Hyde aspect of the side is frustrating and we cannot stand to have another winless streak like we have the last two seasons but LJ’s overall record stands up in comparison with any city manager of the last thirty years and the idea that things could not get worse with a different manager is an idea we  repeatedly proved wrong from 2010 to 2013.

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I can’t help but wonder if LJ is still the Head Coach because, on balance, he hasn’t done a bad job. He has had two terrible runs but his win % is, I think, the best of any Bristol City Manager in the second tier since our last spell in the top flight.

Win % aren’t everything but he has also improved on our league position every season since he as been here, got us to a league cup semi final and, whilst our football hasn’t been great at times, there were points last season when non Bristol City related pundits were highlighting how good we were to watch.

The Jekyll and Hyde aspect of the side is frustrating and we cannot stand to have another winless streak like we have the last two seasons but LJ’s overall record stands up in comparison with any city manager of the last thirty years and the idea that things could not get worse with a different manager is an idea we  repeatedly proved wrong from 2010 to 2013.

I sense we could be good friends @LondonBristolian! I could have written this myself - spot on.

9 hours ago, pillred said:

why is that?

I just think our squad is pretty decent, maybe lacking in a couple of positions but on the whole fairly strong.  We shouldn’t struggle or be relegation fodder.  LJ or any other average manager should be able to and will get a tune out of the players once in a while.  This will be enough for the Chairman and there will always be an excuse ready if we don’t improve on last years points total (ironically the total collapse last year means the points total is obtainable and in turn  LJ job more secure), injures, selling players, A young squad (is it? LJ still says this quite a bit?). The only way I see LJ leaving is 1. relegation (unlikely)  2. Crowds dipping regularly under 15k (unlikely) 3. New owner (very unlikely) 4.  LJ being poached.  I think LJ is such a good self publicist,  this is the most likely option. I believe the team plays well despite LJ not because of him and I would love to see Moyes, an experienced big ish name coach with a genuine love of our club in charge.

I’m not sure that Moyes would bring anything new to the party. Did anyone really enjoy watching Everton during his years there? Maybe he could help with the set up of the team and bring some steel to the defence.

Ive just been to FCB’s museum. I love the Cruyff philosophy. Football is in the entertainment business. 

But the question is - what do you want as a fan?

I want progression. We’re 3 players short of challenging for the play offs and 6 short of the top 2. This is our reality. 

And anyone can beat anyone in this league. The bottom 3 may not be the bottom 3 for long. And someone usually emerges from mid table and flies into the play offs.

It's not exactly exciting football we are playing at the moment though? 

He'd get the defence sorted and get us more organised and back to basics. 

He may be able to get a higher caliber type player to join us being a big name, I know that's not always worked out good for us playing for Moyes for most players we'd be able to get in would be a pull. 

Archived