IGNORED

Diedhiou's must go

Mad brad

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He is well below average, I have been saying it pretty much since he signed, but others knew better.

In the past 2 games low driven crosses have been hit into the 6 yard box and he has made no attempt to slide in and at least attempt to connect.

He takes up the most bizarre positions in the box usually hiding behind a defender.

His first touch is poor.

His decision making with the ball is poor.

He spends far too much time on his arse.

And for a big muscly bloke he is very easy to to move off of the ball, I would say 90% of the time he is a defenders dream to mark, because he makes their lives oh so easy.

I believe he has been another waste of money and not good enough for championship football.

Does lj still measure the length of the grass could be what’s going wrong, fine margins and all that?

7 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Does lj still measure the length of the grass could be what’s going wrong, fine margins and all that?

Holden said last night that we gave everything at Reading, that being the case I would hate to see us when we don't, as for the grass in the last 2 games there has been plenty opportunity to watch it grow and more than enough manure to ensure it's growth.

But still I am sure LJ will use the poor form of Diedhiou to play Paterson more often and of course he's been playing well since January.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Holden said last night that we gave everything at Reading, that being the case I would hate to see us when we don't, as for the grass in the last 2 games there has been plenty opportunity to watch it grow and more than enough manure to ensure it's growth.

But still I am sure LJ will use the poor form of Diedhiou to play Paterson more often and of course he's been playing well since January.

Diedhiou looks like he needs a rocket ? up bid arse, don’t get me started on Jamie Paterson , another signing who has never been a consistent success at any club he’s ever been at.

7 hours ago, One BCFC said:

Diedhiou and I said in January upon his injury return disrupts the team. I dont see how he 'works hard', he just doesnt. His runs are too late, his touch is poor, he isn't the quickest and doesnt win many headers. Money wasted and most his goals last season came down to the creativity and brilliance of Bobby Reid. 

He must be dropped and we need to give Eisa a go or play the false 9 with Weimann or Taylor. 

So the two of you discussed this, agreed, and only now you tell us? Shameful; we deserve to know your private discussions much earlier. ?

Plot twist: Engvall was actually Diedhou all along...

In all seriousness though I don't feel I've ever seen the best out of him. No longer having an ST means I catch him sometimes on a good week, sometimes on a bad week. I can say that he is particularly frustrating to watch at times, but then he had a thankless of task of coming in to replace Kodjia, for a higher fee, with the expectation that he will hit the ground running with goals immediately AND play in a similar fashion to JK. Fact of the matter is, he's a completely different style of striker to Kodjia, and as such it is hard at times to see exactly what Johnson's thinking is with how we are supposed to play the ball into him or bring him into the game. 

As more time goes on, I'm beginning to think of the two 'big men' we had on the books, Djuric would have been the better option to suit what I think Johnson wants our style of play to be about. 

19 hours ago, CodeRed said:

If you watched the goals video from his time at Angers most goals were scored on the counter where they had a very direct quick winger who banged in early crosses on the run for Fammy to run into the box and use his strength to attack the cross.

We don't use him like that.

Which is why I am questioning Johnson as a manager as he does not seem to have a scooby doo with Fammy as a front man forward. If there is one, it doesn’t work.

2 hours ago, Super said:

For those who suggest dropping him which of the strikers will get goals? Taylor won't and Wiemann is shot of any confidence.

Taylor and Wiemann will get some goals, as will the team.

If you have a view that Diedhiou is not a great fit for the team/the team may perform better without him/score more without him/has played better without him/individuals could do better its not a seismic leap to feel improvement in varying forms can be Diedhiou not being part of the starting XI.

Measuring effectiveness by the metric of just its scores goals is short sighted. Modern football sees players having flexibility, technical ability and work rate as necessary qualities needed for forwards. 

I put this reply on another thread, but it’s better here maybe:

He isn’t a youngster from the Academy we have to bed in, he’s 25 and experienced by comparison. He’s been at the club long enough to know what’s what and should be taking senior responsibility. His price tag wasn’t his doing, fair enough, but for that money he should have pedigree and because of this carries expectation from the fans, his manager and his team mates.

Like last season we played our best football without him, but can we really discard a £5.3m player? We won’t get half of that back for him if we manage to sell in January if we are honest. So we have to make what we got work. Yes he needs service, but he has to show for his team mates more too.

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Which is why I am questioning Johnson as a manager as he does not seem to have a scooby doo with Fammy as a front man forward. If there is one, it doesn’t work.

4-3-3- the '3' up front being with wingers just off Diedhiou wide (thinking like a 4-3-2-1) or as a fairly straightforward front 3 in possession, with the wingers pressing hard for a bit when we lose the ball and forming a 5 in midfield when/if we don't regain the ball rapidly.

The 3 in central mid also gives a bit of protection to compensate for Diedhiou's shortcomings in the technical and pressing sense.

The current system though? A fudge- neither suits him to help get his best form, or more importantly the team!

Think Fammy gets way too much stick on here, simply because of his price-tag which wasn’t driven by him!

Last season I’d like to think that we were pleased with his contribution and goals? This season didn’t start as we all hoped due to his crazy suspension! On his day, he is our match winner (more so than MT and possibly AW) but we need to play to his strength as we did last season!

Lets get behind him, starting on Saturday and I’m confident that he will get a similar return of goals by May.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Taylor and Wiemann will get some goals, as will the team.

If you have a view that Diedhiou is not a great fit for the team/the team may perform better without him/score more without him/has played better without him/individuals could do better its not a seismic leap to feel improvement in varying forms can be Diedhiou not being part of the starting XI.

Measuring effectiveness by the metric of just its scores goals is short sighted. Modern football sees players having flexibility, technical ability and work rate as necessary qualities needed for forwards. 

Taylor will score goals? Based on?

49 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think Fammy gets way too much stick on here, simply because of his price-tag which wasn’t driven by him!

Last season I’d like to think that we were pleased with his contribution and goals? This season didn’t start as we all hoped due to his crazy suspension! On his day, he is our match winner (more so than MT and possibly AW) but we need to play to his strength as we did last season!

Lets get behind him, starting on Saturday and I’m confident that he will get a similar return of goals by May.

I don't understand the stick fammy's getting he hit the bar twice v stoke , if they go In who would of been bemoaning his performance ? 

He's an average championship striker in an average championship side .

20 minutes ago, Super said:

Taylor will score goals? Based on?

You omitted some, as in some goals based upon his career.

A team minus Famara could be more cohesive leading to an improvement in collective performance and collective goals.

There is an alternative in post 72. A similar alternative I have tentatively suggested previously. I however do not think this player is of a high enough standard to model the team around. 

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Diedhiou looks like he needs a rocket ? up bid arse, don’t get me started on Jamie Paterson , another signing who has never been a consistent success at any club he’s ever been at.

On the way back from one of the home friendlies this pre-season I said that Paterson had until Christmas to prove to LJ that he was worth a new contract. Imagine my surprise when I got home and found that the main story on the official site was JP's new contract. Yet to get my head around that.

20 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Tbf and I do rate Diedhiou but I think we played our best football this season too whilst he was banned, since he’s been back Wiemann’s not been the same. As been said previous as good as he is I just don’t think he suits our style of play.

As we paid a lot of money for him we have to play him , the ball knocked up to a player who's touch is terrible is counter productive. We played better last year without him and at the start of this season when injured . So yes I agree !

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but how many of those cost us over £5m in a transfer fee? And Fammy ain’t above average....

Waghorn, Bamford, Hugill, Grabban, Aluko, Ashley Fletcher, Madine, Hogan, Gestede.  

Those are the strikers I can find who've gone for more than what we paid for Diedhiou since we got him and are still playing in the championship (Bar Madine) I'd say he's pretty far down that list but not a million miles away from most. I didn't add in the strikers who went for the same or just less though. 

Although I honestly thought he'd be pushing 20 goals, considering his goals per minutes, at the start of the season. I think he should get 10+ this season and that surely is still average for a championship striker no?

Sorry for not reading the whole thread.

There is a player in there, and at £5.3m I would be trying to find a way to get the best out if him (if I were LJ).  At 25, this guy should be getting better and improving his value....that was the basis he was signed in line with “the project”.  As it stands, if we were to get shot, it would probably be the biggest transfer loss of LJ’s reign here.  SL would not be happy if Fammy ends up being a flop.  17 goals in 45 games is not a flop, but the trajectory is downwards.

I wonder whether he feels let down over the shambolic / amateur appeal against the spitting charge?  His reputation tarnished by that charge perhaps?

He is not the player he was pre-injury last season.  He isn’t even the player who returned from injury last season either.  Something is wrong.  It can’t all be about the system / style.

14 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

reading the posts its tame stick. similar regarding touch,  workrate and how he fits the teams footall was written last season wasn't it?

20 hours ago, Cowshed said:

You omitted some, as in some goals based upon his career.

A team minus Famara could be more cohesive leading to an improvement in collective performance and collective goals.

There is an alternative in post 72. A similar alternative I have tentatively suggested previously. I however do not think this player is of a high enough standard to model the team around. 

Agreed with this- more cohesive without him.

Post 72 was my alternative I think- certainly wouldn't have it as a Plan A, but as a way to make best of Diedhiou if we were in need of a Plan B or a Plan C. We often play slicker football without him- yet sometimes he can produce some excellent moments! His goal v Blackburn was well taken, his goal at WBA very well taken and I remember a great crossfield ball taken down by him and then pinged across v Sheffield Wednesday fairly early in the game in one movement. This isn't enough to justify a starting position though- if he produced his flashes most of the time, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion on the forum!

Gary madine would suit us.ran us ragged when ever he played against us.maybe warnock will take that usless beanpole fammy in exchange he so lazy its un watchable.too all you fammy fans please open your eyes the geezer is not good enough.get rid and lj too he tinkers to much and time has run out i think

Archived