IGNORED

Diedhiou's must go

Mad brad

17 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

Diedhiou and I said in January upon his injury return disrupts the team. I dont see how he 'works hard', he just doesnt. His runs are too late, his touch is poor, he isn't the quickest and doesnt win many headers. Money wasted and most his goals last season came down to the creativity and brilliance of Bobby Reid. 

He must be dropped and we need to give Eisa a go or play the false 9 with Weimann or Taylor. 

Taylor??? Was far worse than famy.  And famy was bad. Even lost the ability to trap a football and never scores.

4 hours ago, leadman said:

Fam is our fall guy...... we talk about touch ...... Taylor was far worse than the very poor famara..   his record is dreadfull and is only popular because we stole him from the gas... if we had signed him from another monkey outfit we would of offloaded a long time ago.... 

No many supporters also talk about work rate, intensity, tempo and how players aptitudes synch with the team.

24 minutes ago, leadman said:

Taylor??? Was far worse than famy.  And famy was bad. Even lost the ability to trap a football and never scores.

I think you are ignoring the fact this has been 10 months of poor from Diedhiou at a cost of 5.5 million. Its not just frustration at bad performances but the biggest waste of money on one player that the club has ever spent. sorry you cant see that

9 minutes ago, leadman said:

Taylor was a complete waste of a shirt today. Does workmate matter if you can't trap a football?

Hyperbole … Many (I) have a tendency to do it, but that was not the point being made. This player is Bristol City most expensive attacking player and its leading forward. Its a primary role in the XI. The thread is about Famara.

Do Famaras aptitudes synch with the teams football?

In my idea of what BCFC can be work rate should be  a non negotiable i.e work hard with and without the ball because you won't play because you cannot.

I agree that he does not suit our style of play. However, he is undoubtedly a talented player and I don’t understand how people could not see that.

In my opinion, he is the only player in our squad with the *potential* to score 20 goals in a Championship season. The only other player in our squad to score 20/season is Taylor, and he clearly doesn’t have the ability to do that in the Championship.

I've said it in my match report, but while he had a poor game, the reaction to him is overdone. Anyone writing him off altogether on the strength of that rubbish that the whole City side served up needs to give their head a wobble. Nonetheless from comments during and after the game in the ground I could see this sort of view coming a mile off. Pretty obvious he is going to be the next scapegoat.

No doubt he can do better with balls played up to him around the box, but in the box the service was poor or predictable and got worse after Eliasson went off, and even then he was still winning knock downs to create our best chances, to have asked him to actually score from those powder-puff crosses would be asking him to contort his neck in ways even he and medical science cannot manage.

What has focused everyone I think is his run from the left channel where he simply took too many touches and gave the ball away on the edge of the box. That was undoubtedly poor in a position you can tell he likes to play, but by then it was anybodies guess what our strategy was in attack and no one was moving. Just ask yourself if we ever got the ball to Famara's feet in the box. Even once?

14 minutes ago, Olé said:

I've said it in my match report, but while he had a poor game, the reaction to him is overdone. Anyone writing him off altogether on the strength of that rubbish that the whole City side served up needs to give their head a wobble. Nonetheless from comments during and after the game in the ground I could see this sort of view coming a mile off. Pretty obvious he is going to be the next scapegoat.

No doubt he can do better with balls played up to him around the box, but in the box the service was poor or predictable and got worse after Eliasson went off, and even then he was still winning knock downs to create our best chances, to have asked him to actually score from those powder-puff crosses would be asking him to contort his neck in ways even he and medical science cannot manage.

What has focused everyone I think is his run from the left channel where he simply took too many touches and gave the ball away on the edge of the box. That was undoubtedly poor in a position you can tell he likes to play, but by then it was anybodies guess what our strategy was in attack and no one was moving. Just ask yourself if we ever got the ball to Famara's feet in the box. Even once?

In your post match review you write the player is not suited to style. Its a view held by many over seasons not ninety minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

In your post match review you write the player is not suited to style.

Its a view held by many overs seasons not ninety minutes. 

I agree completely, so in that style why are we blaming the player for anything other than a poor performance yesterday that was no worse than most of the rest of them. The way I heard it in the stands and see it here, he's taking the brunt of it, when no one played particularly well and the service to him was predictable and optimistic to say the least.

I just don't see yesterday as a basis to suddenly write the bloke off, we have few enough goalscorers as it is. No one says a word when Pack is poor for a month - giving the ball away, playing the same pass every time out to the wing, looking less comfortable than Walsh is in his first start . We vote this bloke into the best midfield of the last 35 years.

Not to pick on Pack either, but a lot of players played poorly in a style that was more and more one dimensional as the game went on and showed little initiative. Fam created some chances with flick ons, couldn't get much power or direction on other headers, and from around the box had one shot from 25yards and gave the ball away the other time.

19 minutes ago, Olé said:

I agree completely, so in that style why are we blaming the player for anything other than a poor performance yesterday that was no worse than most of the rest of them. The way I heard it in the stands and see it here, he's taking the brunt of it, when no one played particularly well and the service to him was predictable and optimistic to say the least.

I just don't see yesterday as a basis to suddenly write the bloke off, we have few enough goalscorers as it is. No one says a word when Pack is poor for a month - giving the ball away, playing the same pass every time out to the wing, looking less comfortable than Walsh is in his first start . We vote this bloke into the best midfield of the last 35 years.

Not to pick on Pack either, but a lot of players played poorly in a style that was more and more one dimensional as the game went on and showed little initiative. Fam created some chances with flick ons, couldn't get much power or direction on other headers, and from around the box had one shot from 25yards and gave the ball away the other time.

The thread is about Famara. The points being made are not about one performance. You are agreeing with a theme. You could put forward a view and detail as to how best the player can be used in the long term. If you cannot the thread title is not unreasonable.  

Definitely not playing to his strengths so he either has to be dropped or the formation changes to suit him. He doesn't win a lot in the air for long balls for a guy his size and playing balls into his feet for zippy lay offs and runs behind isn't going to work with his poor touch. Plus he isn't particularly quick to get away from defences. His scoring record is ok but as someone said earlier that most of his goals for Angers were from him running onto crosses from quick counter attacks, Do we have the players that can provide that type of game? 

Famara need a regular starting partner - Taylor or possibly Eisa when he’s match fit. All strikers need a consistent strike partner and so far that hasn’t happened. 

This season it’s been a combination of Weiman,Taylor and Diedhiou, unlike the back four who pretty much pick themselves and until the emergence of Walsh it was Pato, Pack and Brownhill across the middle but no selection consistency up top.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, so a fair few of us who were saying he wasn’t very good a year ago have finally got lots of support with this view?! The ones who admirably defended him to the hilt have suddenly gone very quiet....so, he isn’t the messiah who was gonna save us when he got back after his ban then? And it ain’t nice to be proved correct....we spent over £5m on a bloke who undoubtedly tries hard, but he just isn’t very good...and his previous staunch supporters on here seem to be getting fewer and fewer....I’d have preferred Djuric up front in this team but that’s old news....

I've seen too many occasions where he doesn't seem to be trying that hard.

He seems like a guy who breaks into a sweat just putting his kit on.

I thought that the main problem with Diedhiou was that he couldn't run, but having seen a lot of him now, I think it's a case of won't run rather than can't.

The same when it comes to challenges, he won't go in hard in the air or on the ground.  Can he do it? Yes he can, will he do it is another matter.

He needs to be benched and win his place back through effort and sub appearances.  Taylor and Weimann up front are our best options for now.

TBH though, I wonder if Andi Weimann playing one up top would be worth a go or even playing him as a false number 9.

4 hours ago, leadman said:

Taylor was a complete waste of a shirt today. Does workmate matter if you can't trap a football?

Taylor isn't the top man.

Diedhiou is.

And what should we want from the top man?

A leader going out there in no mood for tea and biscuits.

Put it about more.

Put it in more.

Blood.

Sweat.

Lead that line.

Don't let them boss you.

Fans will love him for it.

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I've seen too many occasions where he doesn't seem to be trying that hard.

He seems like a guy who breaks into a sweat just putting his kit on.

Actually you’ve got a point there....there have been some great players who never look like they are trying hard but then they can win a game with a few moments of genius....guys like Le Tissier and Hoddle....but we have a guy who doesn’t look like he’s trying but then doesn’t do anything that brill in most games, his control and first touch is miserable, he is only good in the air when unchallenged most of the time, his passing is very limited and often woeful and he seems to make the wrong decision most of the time when making runs....

39 minutes ago, Super said:

For those who suggest dropping him which of the strikers will get goals? Taylor won't and Wiemann is shot of any confidence.

I reckon Djuric would have been fine with a sustained run in the side and a busy Taylor beside him or a relentless Weimann behind him.....we got rid of the wrong one....this ain’t hindsight....my views haven’t changed from over a year ago....just because we spent over £5m on Fammy I think LJ feels he has to prove it was the right decision to sign him...and Djuric was forced out to make the big money signing the main man....it hasn’t worked.....

18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Maybe we've just been spoilt in recent years with Reid, Kodjia and Abraham. Now we're just seeing a slightly above-average Championship striker who doesn't fully suit our style.

He is well below average, I have been saying it pretty much since he signed, but others knew better.

In the past 2 games low driven crosses have been hit into the 6 yard box and he has made no attempt to slide in and at least attempt to connect.

He takes up the most bizarre positions in the box usually hiding behind a defender.

His first touch is poor.

His decision making with the ball is poor.

He spends far too much time on his arse.

And for a big muscly bloke he is very easy to to move off of the ball, I would say 90% of the time he is a defenders dream to mark, because he makes their lives oh so easy.

I believe he has been another waste of money and not good enough for championship football.

Archived