IGNORED

Judge LJ on his two full seasons.

Boston Red

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Thanks again for the answer,I was only 14 out

I aceept that lj has lost 3 of his best players this summer, plus Magnússon who is a good pro, and hasnt reinvested all that money, but that list of names above is frightening. Theres just little quality in that list, i can see the list of names and i can recall most of their transfer values, but as it stands we have 2 strikers who offer any kind of goal threat, still no consistent championship goalkeeper, and a lack of centre midfield options - if pack gets injured now we are totally screwed. 

On 5 November 2018 at 15:51, ZiderEyed said:

This is the one that really ******* baffles me.

LJ is a bright bloke. He's worked in football for a long while now and he has his badges. You would think that after so much training and experience in his role that he'd be able to note weaknesses on the spot. There is no excuse for a professional manager to have poor in-game management. The game that sticks out was Leeds last season, in which they were pelting long balls over Joe Bryan (who shock horror was getting his arse torn wide open), and using a big centre forward to break the lines between our midfield, and then utilise him as a platform with additional runners. I watched it on the TV, granted, but **** me, you could get a better angle in the ground if you so wanted.

This is the one that boils my piss more than anything LJ does. An almost inability to consistently impact a game with subs or minor tactical alterations. Gah.

This remains a mystery for me as well. I am sure from the sidelines that LJ and his coaching team don't get such a good view of the overall pattern of the game, and so the in-game management is questionable to say the least.. That's why at the very top level rugby coaches sit in the stands to see things better, plus have video replays etc. I know Steve McClaren sat in the stands in the first half when he started at one of his recent clubs (Derby?) and got some abuse for it, but it does make some sense.

I admit to not having a professional's experience of watching the game, but having recently sat in row 5 in the same block where I usually sit in row 25, I can confirm that at the lower level I was struggling to see the bigger picture of the game in the way I normally can from higher up. And when coaches and players watch the game back afterwards, what view do they get? Not the pitch-side one for sure; it's from the TV gantry high in the stand.

In response to the various comments with regards to Transfers I have crunched the numbers for the current championship teams for the 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons. As you can see we are towards the top but our number of incomings are by no means anything unusual!!

1. Bolton W- 61 Signings

2. Wigan A- 58 Signings

3. Notts Forest- 50 Signings

4. Leeds United- 44 Signings

5. Rotherham U- 44 Signings

6. Sheffield U- 43 Signings

7. Blackburn R- 42 Signings

8. Bristol C- 38 Signings

9. Ipswich T- 38 Signings

10. Middlesbrough- 37 Signings

11. Hull C- 37 Signings

12. Birmingham C- 36 Signings

13. Reading- 34 Signings

14. Aston Villa- 33 Signings

15. Norwich C- 31 Signings

16. PNE- 30 Signings

17. Stoke C- 28 Signings

18. Millwall- 28 Signings

19. WBA- 27 Signings

20. QPR- 27 Signings

21. Swansea C- 25 Signings

22. Derby C- 24 Signings

23. Sheffield W- 22 Signings

24. Brentford- 21 Signings

It highlights to me even more so how well Brentford are operating and looking through their transfers the success rate is incredibly high.

30 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

In response to the various comments with regards to Transfers I have crunched the numbers for the current championship teams for the 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons. As you can see we are towards the top but our number of incomings are by no means anything unusual!!

1. Bolton W- 61 Signings

2. Wigan A- 58 Signings

3. Notts Forest- 50 Signings

4. Leeds United- 44 Signings

5. Rotherham U- 44 Signings

6. Sheffield U- 43 Signings

7. Blackburn R- 42 Signings

8. Bristol C- 38 Signings

9. Ipswich T- 38 Signings

10. Middlesbrough- 37 Signings

11. Hull C- 37 Signings

12. Birmingham C- 36 Signings

13. Reading- 34 Signings

14. Aston Villa- 33 Signings

15. Norwich C- 31 Signings

16. PNE- 30 Signings

17. Stoke C- 28 Signings

18. Millwall- 28 Signings

19. WBA- 27 Signings

20. QPR- 27 Signings

21. Swansea C- 25 Signings

22. Derby C- 24 Signings

23. Sheffield W- 22 Signings

24. Brentford- 21 Signings

It highlights to me even more so how well Brentford are operating and looking through their transfers the success rate is incredibly high.

Some of those above us went up/down during that period so there would have been a considerable amount of churn for Bolton Wigan Rotherham Sheffield United and Blackburn, so I think our 8th position is a bit generous when compared to other clubs who have been in the Champ those seasons..

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

This remains a mystery for me as well. I am sure from the sidelines that LJ and his coaching team don't get such a good view of the overall pattern of the game, and so the in-game management is questionable to say the least.. That's why at the very top level rugby coaches sit in the stands to see things better, plus have video replays etc. I know Steve McClaren sat in the stands in the first half when he started at one of his recent clubs (Derby?) and got some abuse for it, but it does make some sense.

I admit to not having a professional's experience of watching the game, but having recently sat in row 5 in the same block where I usually sit in row 25, I can confirm that at the lower level I was struggling to see the bigger picture of the game in the way I normally can from higher up. And when coaches and players watch the game back afterwards, what view do they get? Not the pitch-side one for sure; it's from the TV gantry high in the stand.

A move for Peter Crouch next then, to replace LJ, would you say?

Archived