IGNORED

Korey Smith New Deal

REDOXO

Korey has signed a new contract and I for one are happy with that, however 5 goals in 171 appearances highlights our current problem with scoring. 

Something will need to change sooner rather than later. Anyone really watched Eisa and the other lad returning from injury, wee need something new up front!

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Korey has signed a new contract and I for one are happy with that, however 5 goals in 171 appearances highlights our current problem with scoring. 

Something will need to change sooner rather than later. Anyone really watched Eisa and the other lad returning from injury, wee need something new up front!

Great news . However Korey Smith is not a striker. You know that right 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Great news . However Korey Smith is not a striker. You know that right 

:laugh:. 5 goals from midfield in 171 games sums up our inability to score regularly from anywhere in midfield. Packs goals ratio is as poor and Brownhill only slightly better.

Our forwards could not score in a brothel as some one said on another thread.

We have issues. Have you seen the guys I mentioned earlier

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I know Eisa. But other lad . Haven’t heard of him. Can’t see your point really 

Hakeeb Adaluken.

My point is. We have limited goals in us. Smith returning at anytime will not help that and the current team is struggling to score. There needs to be changes, all over the pitch. Are Eisa and Adaluken anything near what we need to increase our converted opportunities rate?

38 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Not happy. We need better players in each single position to move forward.

And the way you do that is by first teamers becoming subs who become squad players. Korey is currently a first team player so if we can bring in people so that he's a sub we improve the squad.

Bringing it back to the contract for a second, anyone else confused with it only being a one year extension? So he was OOC next summer, now he’s OOC the summer after and in 12m we have to look at it again. 

Is this the club protecting themselves with a player who has had a reasonable amount of injuries over the last couple of years.

Or is it Korey looking at some of his team mates moving on and knowing that he will still be in a strong bargaining position in 12 months time. 

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Bringing it back to the contract for a second, anyone else confused with it only being a on every year extension? So he was OOC next summer, now he’s OOC the summer after and in 12m we have to look at it again. 

Is this the club protecting themselves with a player who has had a reasonable amount of injuries over the last couple of years.

Or is it Korey looking at some of his team mates moving on and knowing that he will still be in a strong bargaining position in 12 months time. 

Could easily be the injury, I imagine he's one of our higher earners and a longer contract is a big financial commitment from us if he's not the same player.

3 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Got a nasty feeling Callum will run his contract down.

Im not sure im overly bothered if he does!!

cant beat a full back. Lots of nice little quick feet steps. No goals. No assists. 

He might be a better full back going by all of the things hes supposed to do as a winger, but doesnt do!

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

cant beat a full back. Lots of nice little quick feet steps. No goals. No assists. 

He might be a better full back going by all of the things hes supposed to do as a winger, but doesnt do!

Yeah can see your point, funny thing is Martin O’Neill raves about him.

27 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Bringing it back to the contract for a second, anyone else confused with it only being a one year extension? So he was OOC next summer, now he’s OOC the summer after and in 12m we have to look at it again. 

A bit of both, probably. 

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Great news IMO. One of our leaders who we are badly missing at the moment.

You know I'd almost forgotten korey. .and he would be first on my team sheet!! Good news. Still think LJ should look at 433...With a "false nine" which worked so well last year..

Three from;

pack/ Smith/brownhill/walsh

three from; 

snake/weiman/o'dowda/ eisa/ adelukan/ eliasson..

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

But bought for a reasonable fee with a view to making a profit - not losing him on a free!

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

How good was one of those five though...

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he's our best midfielder and we are missing him badly. 

Wheat does he bring that we are missing? He doesn’t score goals nor does he create them.

He has the heart of a lion granted and of course leads by example but techinally I’m struggling to think of a worse player in the squad. Korey was a great asset but for me falls short of the quality required at this level, especially if he can’t get up to speed after his injuries.

How did he sign that, he’s been holidaying in Dubai for a couple of weeks?! :laugh:

I guess it means we have every confidence of this long injury healing fully and we will be eventually be getting a good, fit Korey back? Heck of a gamble though? 

15 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Wheat does he bring that we are missing? He doesn’t score goals nor does he create them.

He has the heart of a lion granted and of course leads by example but techinally I’m struggling to think of a worse player in the squad. Korey was a great asset but for me falls short of the quality required at this level, especially if he can’t get up to speed after his injuries.

So if a player doesnt score or assist he is worthless? 

Archived