IGNORED

Bristol Citys Social Media (Merged)

ChippenhamRed

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

1 RT and 28 likes from an account with 163k followers in 90 minutes is piss poor for something they would want to be shared.

Jon Lansdown tries to rebrand the club’s social media output by getting rid of Adam in the summer, and judging by how it’s gone so far he and they have badly misjudged it.

Thanks- that clears that up then.

Not a success!

49 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Encouraging to hear I’m not the only one who thinks it’s an embarrassment!

I really think the club needs to reconsider the objectives of its social media output. Personally I think it’s number one priority should always be to provide information and insight that only the official account can provide. The gifs were genuinely original and entertaining but this is now a step too far in that direction, and it’s not remotely amusing. It just feels like the awkward Uncle at the family Christmas who tries too hard to be funny.

A lot of official club accounts seem to try to do “banter” now (for want of a better word). Trouble is, a lot of people aren’t very good at it.

The only genuinely funny football club twitter account is Bayer Leverkusen EN. That's how it should be done imo.

Not forgetting that when the emoji debacle occurred v Stoke, someone tweeted them with a simple "Grow up".

City's official account responded to that tweet with "No, you grow up."

Lisa and her team of comms persons are alienating fans left right and centre. She has a lot to answer for.

RIP Bean. Gone but not forgotten.

It’s been a joke since the summer. 

All the wind ups with the kit launches (even JL decided to get involved with that ‘banter’)

The repeated requests from fans for them to release the team in some sort of positional order. They get replies to this nature every time they release a line up. Still. 

Now this. 

Like others said, a lot of good work and attention last season. Seems madness to change it

This was my reply on another thread, reference the Twitter Account and I tried to defend their content.

I can safely say having watched the account for a little longer, it is utter shit. You could say it is a joke as the concern to gain coverage makes the account look too needy. 

A good account on Social Media shouldn't be trying, it should come naturally 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Not forgetting that when the emoji debacle occurred v Stoke, someone tweeted them with a simple "Grow up".

City's official account responded to that tweet with "No, you grow up."

Lisa and her team of comms persons are alienating fans left right and centre. She has a lot to answer for.

RIP Bean. Gone but not forgotten.

Dons weren't it? Our hero.

The content of many postings appears to be written by journalists or media people without one ounce of empathy or understanding of what has happened at the particular match.

The headline " We gave everything " in the name of Holden is a mockery of good journalism as it is clear even to one who wasn't there, that we didn't.

And the picture of Brownhill and Pack appearing to dance would be funny except for the fact that we lost in a very pathetic way.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

The only genuinely funny football club twitter account is Bayer Leverkusen EN. That's how it should be done imo.

I agree there a some genuinely amusing ones out there. I just think everyone is now jumping on the “banter” bandwagon, the quality quickly deteriorates and you end up with this crap today.

City should go back to basics and focus on what should surely be the primary purpose: to inform.

It’s very hard to stomach ‘banter’ like this when it happens just after losing, and losing poorly. The people tweeting this stuff cannot correctly be guaging the mood of the fans, which mean they are out of touch with the people they are trying to engage with.

I thought that was the whole point of social media, to instantly interact with as many people possible and get information or your ‘product’ out there and noticed above others. All our team are doing is alienating fans and losing followers #NotGood

I don’t know what went on when Adam, who always seemed professional, left. But it’s certainly gone in a different direction. I think one of the problems at BS is that for many Bristol City aren’t their team, it’s just a job. Ok say I worked for Dyson, I wouldn’t necessarily have to own one but I would have to have a bit of interest, faith and good feeling towards the product rather than just half hearted put something together which may or may not work!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It’s very hard to stomach ‘banter’ like this when it happens just after losing, and losing poorly. The people tweeting this stuff cannot correctly be guaging the mood of the fans, which mean they are out of touch with the people they are trying to engage with.

I thought that was the whole point of social media, to instantly interact with as many people possible and get information or your ‘product’ out there and noticed above others. All our team are doing is alienating fans and losing followers #NotGood

I don’t know what went on when Adam, who always seemed professional, left. But it’s certainly gone in a different direction. I think one of the problems at BS is that for many Bristol City aren’t their team, it’s just a job. Ok say I worked for Dyson, I wouldn’t necessarily have to own one but I would have to have a bit of interest, faith and good feeling towards the product rather than just half hearted put something together which may or may not work!

don't know about that last statement RedM. I work in a garage on cars and these days I cant enthuse about any of them. modern technology has made them all cheap and tacky and its getting worse.

57 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s certainly gone downhill since the summer.  I grew to like Adam Baker, it took a while, but I did.  I then met him and you could see his passion for City.  I know he wasn’t the man behind the gifs last season, but that was “peak media” and the whole bit was professional....the odd cringey gif, but you can’t get it right 100% of the time.

The new guy (Dave Barton) is a Rugby man:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davebartoncomms

and I don’t think from his interviewing he currently gets the right feel.  Maybe I’ll grow to like him too?

The Flyers Basketball media team (Joel Osborne - the man behind the footie gifs) are slick and the other BBL Media Team are always acknowledging that they are the best.  It’s a much more family orientated social media, and they hit the spot 99.99% if the time.  For the recent All-Stars tournament this was brill.   Might not be every football fans cup of tea though.

As someone who doesn't pay a huge amount of attention to the "banter" and all the other crap, from a purely information point of view its total garbage this season, the match updates are not as good as they were last season, the fact that you just get some random shite after the game whereas last season you'd get a cut down version of the post match interview. The quality of all the media has been piss poor this season. 

I don't usually post my content on the forum as I have never been one to push my videos on people. However I feel the video I have created below is one worth sharing with yourselves.

There is major frustration surrounding the social media team and the content that has been produced by them over the past few months, I have tried to be open and honest and give positives where they are due as well as criticisms. 

The first half of the video runs through content currently being produced by the club and my thoughts on this. With the second half which starts at around 9:20 running through ideas that I feel would bring more value to us as fans. I'm really interested to know your thoughts and opinions and how you would change things in the media department.

Thanks KINGERS 

https://youtu.be/Ncui0KeoSQY

Archived