IGNORED

Bristol Citys Social Media (Merged)

ChippenhamRed

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Excellent as always. Good to see Lansdown jnr get a mention too! I've watched some of your match reviews as well @KINGERS , surely a career in journalism beckons?

Thanks mate, I would love in the future to work in the media/ journalism industry, the main aim though is for Bristol City to hopefully get the social media right off of the back of this video!

9 hours ago, KINGERS said:

I don't usually post my content on the forum as I have never been one to push my videos on people. However I feel the video I have created below is one worth sharing with yourselves.

There is major frustration surrounding the social media team and the content that has been produced by them over the past few months, I have tried to be open and honest and give positives where they are due as well as criticisms. 

The first half of the video runs through content currently being produced by the club and my thoughts on this. With the second half which starts at around 9:20 running through ideas that I feel would bring more value to us as fans. I'm really interested to know your thoughts and opinions and how you would change things in the media department.

Thanks KINGERS 

https://youtu.be/Ncui0KeoSQY

To echo everyone else here that was very very impressive. Well done.  Here’s hoping the club takes notice.  

18 hours ago, David Brent said:

The digital guru responsible for this is getting paid £20k+..unless they still haven’t filled the vacancy.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/vacancy-bristol-city-social-media-executive/

All social media channels are cringeworthy now. I only used social media to follow city in the first place.

That explains it then.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

1 minute ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello, 

I have spoken to fans at the Halloween event at the stadium last week & at Reading on Saturday and have fed their views back into the relevant department. 

I'm around on Saturday if anyone would like to discuss anything with me in person. 

Matt 

What were those views Matt? Cheers. 

17 minutes ago, jj77 said:

That explains it then.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

It’s an exec role, so for those starting in the industry. It’s roughly what you expect for entry level. There hopefully is an account manager or director with experience, but I doubt that.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Right, I’ve set up an account.

The account will only retweet the decent content from the official twitter, such as Korey Smiths contract extension, goals, interviews etc.

It will recorrect incorrect titles, oh and it’ll put the starting line up in formation order.

Username: BCFCAdults 

This sounds like some sort of dating/dogging account ?

19 hours ago, David Brent said:

The digital guru responsible for this is getting paid £20k+..unless they still haven’t filled the vacancy.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/vacancy-bristol-city-social-media-executive/

All social media channels are cringeworthy now. I only used social media to follow city in the first place. 

After reading the job description in that link, it's no surprise that we've ended up with an immature kid as our social media executive. I've never read so much wishy-washy, buzzword-stuffed tripe in my entire life. ?

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I urge everyone to watch this video, it’s quite lengthy but I’ve rarely seen anything that has been done better by a fan, certainly out ranks anything the club have put out lately.

Perfectly sums up the majority view and the concerns at the moment with the social media at the club. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOare you aware?

@KINGERS, the club should be calling you in and shaking your hand, you’ve done all the work for them.

I can only echo this as I’ve already said to Kingers, it’s a fantastic video and they should at the very least invite him in for a chat. He evidently knows how to appeal to the fans being one himself, the ideas sounded just like the sort of content I’d be wanting to see from the club.

22 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I wasn’t saying it wasn’t enough. It’s a fairly decent wage I think.

In fact I think it’s too good for the quality of content being provided.

Blows my socks off they even put the salary up there and don't list it as 'competitive and reflective upon experience'. It's usually that way in the creative industry from what I've seen 

For those commenting on salary/role etc. Below is a link to my view when the role was first advertised... 

All the problems currently being highlighted are due to a poor hire in this position which I would put down to the dictated salary and role duties required, and/or people setting the social strategy who have no experience. It’s not rocket science.

FWIW I also think @KINGERS video is a great summary.

14 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

For those commenting on salary/role etc. Below is a link to my view when the role was first advertised... 

All the problems currently being highlighted are due to a poor hire in this position which I would put down to the dictated salary and role duties required, and/or people setting the social strategy who have no experience. It’s not rocket science.

FWIW I also think @KINGERS video is a great summary.

The person who was hired has obviously been given the job by someone who already works within the media team, it's what it is nowadays.. I remember applying for several of these roles with a passion to thrive in it and do well, engage with the fans.. yeah have a bit of a funny tweet here and there but nothing like what they have done this season, I've had 5 years experience within the media industry and have gone to university and obtained my Communication Media Studies degree.

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Basketball background by all accounts, and not originally from Bristol.  

I did think the official account had sunk to an all time low a few weeks back, when it responded to a tweet telling someone to “grow up,” not exactly professional really. ?

That was a low point for me too. Wasn’t the Tweet from someone telling the media to grow up and the retort was ‘no you grow up’. Appalling, even if it’s brushed off as banter. I thought some of the Downsy stuff sunk to low levels but this is very poor and not how I see the club at all. 

Bad enough if it’s aimed at a Junior Red type audience, but it’s not is it? There are some really good people working for the club and unfortunately they will all get lumped into this rubbish.

Sort it out City, on and off the pitch.

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What's your favourite emoji for that? :ermm:

:devil:

4 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hello, 

I have spoken to fans at the Halloween event at the stadium last week & at Reading on Saturday and have fed their views back into the relevant department. 

I'm around on Saturday if anyone would like to discuss anything with me in person. 

Matt 

Translation:

I listened to a few people getting arsey about a tweet. I went into the media dept yesterday and we all had a good laugh about "the bants" we are producing and how much "da kidz" are loving it.

I'm around on Saturday to tell everyone that the department is aware but even I know full well **** all will change.

58 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I did think the official account had sunk to an all time low a few weeks back, when it responded to a tweet telling someone to “grow up,” not exactly professional really. ?

I actually thought the “No, you grow up” response was funny. If only it was in relation to one tweet rather than a farcical amount of tripe that the club is pushing out. 

The “identity” the club seem to be craving has gone off a cliff on social to where it was last year. 

5 hours ago, Selred said:

Right, I’ve set up an account.

The account will only retweet the decent content from the official twitter, such as Korey Smiths contract extension, goals, interviews etc.

It will recorrect incorrect titles, oh and it’ll put the starting line up in formation order.

Username: BCFCAdults 

Consider yourself followed! 

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

That was a low point for me too. Wasn’t the Tweet from someone telling the media to grow up and the retort was ‘no you grow up’. Appalling, even if it’s brushed off as banter. I thought some of the Downsy stuff sunk to low levels but this is very poor and not how I see the club at all. 

Bad enough if it’s aimed at a Junior Red type audience, but it’s not is it? There are some really good people working for the club and unfortunately they will all get lumped into this rubbish.

Sort it out City, on and off the pitch.

It's all kids, kids, kids.. nowadays with the club. What they've done with the Upper Lansdown concourse for the young fans is amazing.. and the Dunder challenge for fans to watch is particularly amusing. No doubt if I was part of the media team I would bring forth a relay race (like Southampton did during their first season back in the PL).

Here's a video of the event, this would be terrific especially with the young income of fans we are getting. Prize £100 in the BS Store. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, WhenHarryMetAlli said:

Here's a video of the event, this would be terrific especially with the young income of fans we are getting. Prize £100 in the BS Store.

Looking at our shop someone would do well to find something to spend £100 on!

Whether it’s celebrating a goal, recalling our fantastic history, or announcing parking restrictions at Ashton Gate on matchday, we understand the incredible power social media can have in inspiring and informing our passionate fanbase.

This is an excerpt from the job vacancy advertised.

It's one of my pet hates about the use of the English language and especially the modern trend to us the most extreme superlatives and conversely the diminutives.

BCFC have had a mixed history throughout it's existence but to describe it as FANTASTIC seems to me, as one who has followed the club since 1950, to be well over the top. 

It's bad enough on OTIB but we are the amateurs. The Club's media personnel are the professionals and should use descriptive adjectives that are more realistic. I, personally, would have written that part of the sentence as recalling our interesting history, or perhaps more accurately recalling our roller coaster history

Archived