IGNORED

Arnie Garita - he'll be back .

Major Isewater

I was just wondering how the hell we didn't turn a modest profit on the our super ' punt '. Arnie Garita.

We paid 50,000 quid for him and he impressed at Plymouth. I would have thought that for at least double that we could have sold him on to a League 2 or 1 club .

I then checked to see where he was today and the news , I'm afraid dear friends , is not brilliant.

Arnie signed for Belgian league side Charleroi  with a view to loaning him out to an even lower league side Dunkerque ( that's the spirit ! ) .

He has played six matches so far , well done Arnie , and scored , well he hasn't scored yet but there is still time.

I've heard Arnie called a cult , no that's not misspelled , and it's fair to say that many of us found him an engaging character.

I really hoped he would come through for us but not getting a chance and ,possibly , also not being very good it never happened.

I wish the young man well .

We won't forget Arnie ! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Cult hero in my mind. The DC Dogs tweet because he didn’t understand the lingo earned him that status. 

Plus I love the photo I took of him at West Brom when he first joined. 

CD6FB0D4-70A6-4D83-8CFC-C71F442EE977.jpeg

I think it was your photo before @Davefevs, I can remember this day, I turned to my friend and said what the hell have we signed - he just looked they'd pulled someone out of the stands to take part in the warm up

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I think it was your photo before @Davefevs, I can remember this day, I turned to my friend and said what the hell have we signed - he just looked they'd pulled someone out of the stands to take part in the warm up

I remember the first shot into the practice net (Max was in there and little did he know he’d be making his debut that day) was dragged horribly wide. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Looks more like they pulled someone out of their nest to me!

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cult hero in my mind. The DC Dogs tweet because he didn’t understand the lingo earned him that status. 

Plus I love the photo I took of him at West Brom when he first joined. 

CD6FB0D4-70A6-4D83-8CFC-C71F442EE977.jpeg

Reminds me of the Tamworth Two...  were these the lesser known Hawthorns Three ?

Had he and the other two done a runner from some kind of crazy zoo farm ? 

How long did it take the bloke with the big net to re-capture 'em all ?  

** we won't forget Arnie?  ….. why, did he drive a pretty nippy milk-cart in a vest or something then ?  :dunno:

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Nice try . An ' homme sur ' would be a man you could depend on . 

Sadly I don't know the French for ' man on ' ! 

Why is the word ' abbreviation ' so long ? 

Because nobody has yet provided a TLA for abbreviation.

Archived