IGNORED

Another mass shooting in USA

myol'man

11 minutes ago, myol'man said:

after the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting (11 dead) Trump said if they had more guns inside they would have been less dead :facepalm:

I've seen someone on Twitter using this last shooting to argue that civilians should be armed. :facepalm:

No doubt he probably thinks sending "thoughts and prayers" will help stop future incidents despite the failure thus far. 

Some of the people at the Florida one were also at the Las Vegas one just over a year ago too.

22 minutes ago, myol'man said:

after the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting (11 dead) Trump said if they had more guns inside they would have been less dead :facepalm:

Tbf to Trump he is standing for re-election in 2 years so if he said anything intelligent it could alienate his core vote and seriously harm his chances.

• Admin

Obviously not as many people affected in each individual incident but our knife crime problem over here seems a much worse problem for number of incidents taking place, I think we should be thankful guns are not as easy to get over here otherwise we may not be far behind them!

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Obviously not as many people affected in each individual incident but our knife crime problem over here seems a much worse problem for number of incidents taking place, I think we should be thankful guns are not as easy to get over here otherwise we may not be far behind them!

Sadiq said it will be all under control in ten years.

Americans bang on about the 'right to bear arms' in the constitution as if it's the 1700s.

This legislation was originally added to permit landowners to carry muskets, rifles and firearms to prevent incursions from native American Indians, and to speed up raising colonial militias for wars of empire. It's so coloquial and old fashioned, but somehow this legislation has remained. Too late to do anything now though - too many people own guns, too many in circulation to legislate etc.

I look at my own group of departmental work colleagues - in a team of 70 a number have been diagnosed with all sorts of mental problems (as seems to be common these days). If this was America such individuals, not deemed fit to work in an office or trusted with a keyboard & mouse, could have access to automatic firearms and rocket launchers. Recipe for disaster.

12 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Americans bang on about the 'right to bear arms' in the constitution as if it's the 1700s.

This legislation was originally added to permit landowners to carry muskets, rifles and firearms to prevent incursions from native American Indians, and to speed up raising colonial militias for wars of empire. It's so coloquial and old fashioned, but somehow this legislation has remained. Too late to do anything now though - too many people own guns, too many in circulation to legislate etc.

I look at my own group of departmental work colleagues - in a team of 70 a number have been diagnosed with all sorts of mental problems (as seems to be common these days). If this was America such individuals, not deemed fit to work in an office or trusted with a keyboard & mouse, could have access to automatic firearms and rocket launchers. Recipe for disaster.

I worked for a month in a welding plant in North Carolina, proper redneck state.

I asked one of the workers "how many of you guys own a gun"?  He said about 90%, and the only reason the other 10% didn't was because their misuus wouldn't let them!

He asked me the same question, and when I said nobody I knew owned a gun, he looked at me as if I was the mad one :shocking:

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Perhaps you should check the statistics.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Sadiq said it will be all under control in ten years.

No, he said it will take at least ten years. Very different.

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

Well there hasn't been 5 gun incidents this week in America 

If it's an average US week there will have been about 300 deaths due to assault with a gun.  Or are you for some reason only comparing mass shootings with individual knife assaults?

Your comment was ignorant to say the very least.

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

I worked for a month in a welding plant in North Carolina, proper redneck state.

I asked one of the workers "how many of you guys own a gun"?  He said about 90%, and the only reason the other 10% didn't was because their misuus wouldn't let them!

He asked me the same question, and when I said nobody I knew owned a gun, he looked at me as if I was the mad one :shocking:

It’s a completely different cultural ttitude to firearms in the USA. To many Americans owning a firearm is just a part of life.

I regularly chat online to several people across the pond and they’re amazed that Ive never held a handgun or owned a firearm of any kind and that I know only one person who owns a firearm - a shotgun which he has to keep in a locked cabinet and with landowners permission to use the weapon.

To some of them stopping off at the shooting range is relaxation after a hard days work.They it find it hard to believe that we don’t have such ranges in the UK or that your average British cop doesn’t carry a gun.

I explained just how hard it is to buy a firearm over here because of all the personal  checks and an explanation as to why you want it people simply don’t bother.

7 hours ago, Undy English said:

Image result for family guy right to bear arms

• Admin
6 hours ago, Nibor said:

Your comment was ignorant to say the very least.

Brilliant comment, many thanks for the needless insult! 

Figures from London’s Metropolitan police showed that knife crime has surged by 16 per cent in the capital — as Britain’s crime epidemic continues.

Excluding those killed in terror attacks like London Bridge, Westminster and Manchester, there was still a 12 per cent rise in murders — the highest numbers in a decade.

The total number of offences involving a knife or bladed instrument that have been recorded by cops in the year to March 2018 rose to 40,147, a seven-year-high.

There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Brilliant comment, many thanks for the needless insult! 

Figures from London’s Metropolitan police showed that knife crime has surged by 16 per cent in the capital — as Britain’s crime epidemic continues.

Excluding those killed in terror attacks like London Bridge, Westminster and Manchester, there was still a 12 per cent rise in murders — the highest numbers in a decade.

The total number of offences involving a knife or bladed instrument that have been recorded by cops in the year to March 2018 rose to 40,147, a seven-year-high.

There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.

What insult?  I noted your ignorant comment:

"our knife crime problem over here seems a much worse problem for number of incidents taking place"

Which you then followed up with something even more ridiculous:

"Well there hasn't been 5 gun incidents this week in America"

In 2017 there were 61878 incidents of gun violence in the US and 15644 deaths. This doesn't include 22000 gun suicides nor any offences with respect to unlawful carrying, licensing, selling etc.

Their population is roughly 5 or 6 times ours but they have about 30 times as many shootings as we do stabbings.

Here a fatal stabbing often makes national news, there a gun death is barely local news. Like I said, ignorant is the most generous of descriptions of your comment.

Our rise in Knife/Serious crime probably has something to do with the 20,000 less police officers we have since 2010. That and the 100 less sure start centres, the £737m cut from youth centres, the 600 closed youth centres and 3,500 less youth workers.

But hey blame it on the Mayor of London because y’know - he’s a Muslim. 

9 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

How is that 'different thinking'? It just makes the obvious connection between a society with a large number of guns having a large number of gun-related deaths.

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How is that 'different thinking'? It just makes the obvious connection between a society with a large number of guns having a large number of gun-related deaths.

Only thing that’ll happen in the US:

06DD58C8-F5DD-4A23-8306-A94927DFA18F.jpeg

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Genuinely baffling that people use these gun massacres as an argument for more guns.

They even bring up Chicago as an argument against gun control but neglect to mention that someone could drive to a state with some of the most lax gun legislation and back without any difficulty.

Saw one politician use this most recent shooting and said how the state had some of the stricter rules. He didn't mention how the gun used was legal in that state.

Willful ignorance, to stop someone amending and amendment written a couple of centuries ago when weapon technology was far more limited than today.

Archived