IGNORED

Football shirts and flags at cricket.

42nite

Here at Galle today for the England game, we saw a  City shirt and flag in amongst all the rest. Interestingly, mainly football league clubs.

It's the first time at international cricket for me, and it just seems a bit odd showing football colours at cricket.

Good feel about it though.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Always been football flags at football, many of us on here have taken England / City flags to matches 

Love England cricket. And looking out for all different football flags is quality. Seen the city shirt today. Also big rovers flag behind the bowlers arm . Wish I had the money to tour. 

Loads of English over there . Sri Lanka is one of the safest country’s in the world. Small fact 

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

Here at Galle today for the England game, we saw a  City shirt and flag in amongst all the rest. Interestingly, mainly football league clubs.

It's the first time at international cricket for me, and it just seems a bit odd showing football colours at cricket.

Good feel about it though.

I had a big City flag over there in 2012 at the Galle and Colombo tests. Know several City fans that have gone again this time. 

Great country for a cricket tour. It's all about Unawatuna though! 

28 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Always see a big west huntspill city flag at england tours, whoever owns it must be minted that flag goes everywhere.

He has lecca gadansk on it as well (sorry if spelt wrong) as he married a polish girl great flag but don’t think he has gone this time 

I went to Sri Lanka last year and travelled around the island with the missus.

It is a beautiful country - Galle and the Old Fort is fantastic. Really stunning right next to the sea. Well jealous anyone there for the cricket. Some nice bars in Galle also. People are really friendly. The country is recovering from the Tsunami well but you can still see parts which are slower to recover. Will go back again.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, leader said:

west huntspill  well known city fan

35 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

He has lecca gadansk on it as well (sorry if spelt wrong) as he married a polish girl great flag but don’t think he has gone this time 

Known the owner many years, met him at Taunton in the summer with his family, great bloke 

4 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

He is there

2ADF25D0-DDFF-4F37-BB3A-410EB7CC8011.png

That's the one. The town is full of English!

This is an amazing place, locals so friendly, and they love cricket.

Torrential rain/thunder storms last night and cloudy this morning.  Hope it stays away so that we can bowl them out.

(And because we could only get tickets for the grass bank! £3 the pair).

3 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Was there yesterday on the fort, great atmosphere and Galle old town is stunning. Have a massive BCFC Union Jack which I will be taking to the Kandy test, watching the first 3 days there. See all of you fellow City there! 

I’ve been lucky enough to visit a fair few places around the globe and Galle is up there with my faves.

Best place in Sri Lanka for me. Great country to visit,  will go back one day. Look forward to seeing that Union Jack! Will have to get a Bristol City St.George to take away with me at some stage as like the cricket as well as the football.

Not related to flags, as such, but I thought this was amusing on the BBC site during Herath's last innings:

A large crowd of people have gathered outside the 'Rangana Herath stand' which actually looks like a large gazebo, or at best tent.

It's a bit like that stand behind the goal at Bristol Rovers.

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not related to flags, as such, but I thought this was amusing on the BBC site during Herath's last innings:

A large crowd of people have gathered outside the 'Rangana Herath stand' which actually looks like a large gazebo, or at best tent.

:clap:

6 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Was there yesterday on the fort, great atmosphere and Galle old town is stunning. Have a massive BCFC Union Jack which I will be taking to the Kandy test, watching the first 3 days there. See all of you fellow City there! 

Kandy is great. Make sure you visit Temple of the Tooth. Only downside was a monkey broke into our room and nicked my ipod! 

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Is that real?!?!? Hahahahahahaha

8 hours ago, 42nite said:

That's the one. The town is full of English!

This is an amazing place, locals so friendly, and they love cricket.

Torrential rain/thunder storms last night and cloudy this morning.  Hope it stays away so that we can bowl them out.

(And because we could only get tickets for the grass bank! £3 the pair).

Did you spot a FC United flag reading "Luba Reds / Just The Two Of Us"? Friend of mine is over for the test and was planning on christening his new flag.

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Did you spot a FC United flag reading "Luba Reds / Just The Two Of Us"? Friend of mine is over for the test and was planning on christening his new flag.

Didn't see that one. 

The only premiership shirt/flag I can recall was Wolves, but they don't really count.

Well done EFL.  

Oh, I did spot some bloke wandering around in a clowns shirt.

Great day in an amazing country.

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yeah, I read that while keeping up with the score in work, workmates wanted to know why I was pi$$ing myself laughing ? 

On 09/11/2018 at 16:11, Kid in the Riot said:

Kandy is great. Make sure you visit Temple of the Tooth. Only downside was a monkey broke into our room and nicked my ipod! 

Spooky that, last time I was there a monkey tried flogging me one!

Next stop Kandy after Ella.

I'll look out for it.  ?

Archived