IGNORED

Johnson out

South Bristol Red

Think that now the crowd are turning against him that pressure will build. I for one stood by Johnson but that was a shambles today. It looked to me like he has actually lost the dressing room as noone tried. The chant of “You don’t know what you’re doing” said it all for me.

COMPLETE SHAMBLES today.

17 minutes ago, ... said:

Is there a City fan out there who is happy to see our club loose 1-0, at home, to the second bottom team? No

1 shot on goal in 94 minutes. A dreadful stat to have, not good enough by any stretch

Once again - is it Johnson's fault or the Chairman?

Johnson can't do it, Untrue, and you contradict yourself with the start of one of the next lines

and SL won't get rid. Untrue.

Johnson IS capable of getting the team playing well - but he always seems to unpick a winning team, and then cannot stop the rot to save his life. 

This is a recipe for a yo-yo league 1 / Championship side. Untrue. It is the recipe for a mid-table side, which is exactly what we have. There are times where we will play well but lose (WBA) there are times where we will play very well, and there are times where we will play very badly, like today. The inconsistency is exactly what makes us a mid-table side.

Fans deserve better - MUCH better. Do they really? Our fans, or at least a segment of them, are extremely quick to get on the back of player and the manager. A player only needs one bad game before there are people who will say "he will never be good enough, get rid." Cheering a player being subbed isn't going to improve his confidence or morale at the club, in any circumstance.

:badmood:

What concerns me is that last season he was going on about the high pressing game and for part of the season we were entertaining, however this season I have no idea what we are trying to do? We get the ball and tip tap to each other in the back four, then we move up the pitch, get to the edge of the box, turn round, head back to defence, tip tap across the back four, run the clock down a bit and then just hoof it to nobody. It’s awful.

Doesn’t matter who he puts in or how they set up the players we have are simply average (at best).

We are going backwards. You see all of these videos of the boys in training and Lee Johnson looking at iPads and then they turn up on the weekend looking devoid of ideas, clueless in the final third, and a CBA attitude.

The 3 transfer windows ended a while back and we are slipping into a relegation battle without the quality to get us out of it.

But we’re building of course and we’ll brush ourselves down in training on Monday and go again.

28 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

LJ should never have been appointed in the first place.

He would never had got a HC job at any other club in the Championship as his record didn't warrant an interview never mind a job offer.

He is here because of family connections and the fact that he will work within the confines set by the owner.

Those confines won't change, which means that should LJ be fired, not that he will, his replacement will be be similarly inexperienced and only too grateful to get the job.

The strategy is utterly flawed and will only see us leave this league in one direction - SL believes he has a cunning plan to get promoted that goes against all of the expected steps required. He is wrong.

If he truly wanted promotion LJ would have been relieved of his duties some time ago.

#toocosy

I disagree with him not being recruited in the first place, because he kept us in the league and has developed us slowly since, but I agree that if the club ever wants to challenge for promotion, LJ is 100% not the man for the job.  I agree with the rest you've said, and feel it is simple, if the club want to fight for promotion, they will need to replace LJ.  Not necessarily this season, but certainly before we start going backwards / stagnate.

38 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Shambles. Looks like he's lost the dressing room. 

No one cares.

This is my worry.

He's not an awful manager, he's an average one as his record shows. Not awful and not brilliant. Average. 

But the seeming lack of application from all but a handful of players is a big worry.

I've always been a "be patient, be realistic with expectations,  give him time" kind of guy,  but I can see us launching into a horrible downward spiral.

Play like that and we won't beat anyone. From any division!

I think he's taken us as far as he can. The future could be worse it's true, but I honestly think we could drop to L1 on showings like that and given the investment made that cannot be acceptable. 

28 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Remarkable how many fans on OTIB have been turned today and want him gone. It must have been an absolutely shocking performance to have tilted the balance.

Yes, it was an embarrassingly bad performance. One of those we used to save for the first round of the league cup. Difficult to think of any positives from today.

Our players look completely lost and clueless as to what type of team we are . Unfortunately our manager is the sole blame for this . Every week a different formation and personnel, two experienced coaches alongside him who are clearly yes men .  Never like to lose but you can lose in the right way giving 100 .% which clearly hasn’t happened,  second half Stoke an exception. Ironic clapping and boos .  Last seasons football a distant memory. 

Before you consider that Johnson is doing a decent job ask yourself ‘ who are we in fear of losing in January ‘. 

Answer none of them. Last season we were worried about losing joe, bobby and Flint. This year after signing about 50 players we’d not be worried about losing any of them. None of them he’s signed is any good. It speaks for itself. 

2 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Before you consider that Johnson is doing a decent job ask yourself ‘ who are we in fear of losing in January ‘. 

Answer none of them. Last season we were worried about losing joe, bobby and Flint. This year after signing about 50 players we’d not be worried about losing any of them. None of them he’s signed is any good. It speaks for itself. 

Says it all , wouldn’t be upset if anyone left, another thing lj is poor at , you put everything together he’s not done great .

SL was there to witness that shambles today and yet again for all to see we struggle to even do the basics right.... people seem very blinkered in giving him time when consistency is key and in 3 seasons he's only shown consistency in making the same mistakes repeatedly and for that he solely is accountable. I fear by January we will be dragged once again into a dog fight..... Hayho Leeds next week followed by a trip to Ipswich... ?

**** it. 

Your average supporter saw the issues in mid-Feb. Mid-Nov those problems are worse, not better with little prospect of any change.

Talks a good game, repeatedly fails to deliver. Identifies the holistic problems, repeatedly fails to fix them. He’s created a monster in the image of himself as a player. Looking busy, but achieving very little. 

Worry is SL is going to leave it too late to salvage the situation. We have all the hallmarks of strong relegation candidates with a bloated squad devoid of leaders, quality and identity. Frankly, bar Webster and Kelly,  I pity anyone inheriting this squad. This isn’t a matter of tweaking, root and branch is required. 

Not far off the Pulis and SoD end-of-regime apathy for me. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

LJ should never have been appointed in the first place.

He would never had got a HC job at any other club in the Championship as his record didn't warrant an interview never mind a job offer.

He is here because of family connections and the fact that he will work within the confines set by the owner.

Those confines won't change, which means that should LJ be fired, not that he will, his replacement will be be similarly inexperienced and only too grateful to get the job.

The strategy is utterly flawed and will only see us leave this league in one direction - SL believes he has a cunning plan to get promoted that goes against all of the expected steps required. He is wrong.

If he truly wanted promotion LJ would have been relieved of his duties some time ago.

#toocosy

No more likes left, spot on,  without doubt a few more pennies have dropped today, cannot see much light at the end of the tunnel, but lets at least lets change trains and go on a more exciting journey.

Dump the talk the talk man Steve.....ENOUGH NOW:dunno:

20 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

**** it. 

Your average supporter saw the issues in mid-Feb. Mid-Nov those problems are worse, not better with little prospect of any change.

Talks a good game, repeatedly fails to deliver. Identifies the holistic problems, repeatedly fails to fix them. He’s created a monster in the image of himself as a player. Looking busy, but achieving very little. 

Worry is SL is going to leave it too late to salvage the situation. We have all the hallmarks of strong relegation candidates with a bloated squad devoid of leaders, quality and identity. Frankly, bar Webster and Kelly,  I pity anyone inheriting this squad. This isn’t a matter of tweaking, root and branch is required. 

Not far off the Pulis and SoD end-of-regime apathy for me. 

Ha! Love that line.

As you know I've supported him since the start but even I'm getting fed up with this setting up teams to combat the opposition's threat. 

We're home to Prston ffs, it's like he's been up all night thinking about the opposition and forgetting what we can do.

I'd give him one more chance to get back to basics, play his best team and go out to win a game. 

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Ha! Love that line.

As you know I've supported him since the start but even I'm getting fed up with this setting up teams to combat the opposition's threat. 

We're home to Prston ffs, it's like he's been up all night thinking about the opposition and forgetting what we can do.

I'd give him one more chance to get back to basics, play his best team and go out to win a game. 

Hi Ralph! 

See the other thread. Was in The Ship in Teignmouth last night (pre a well-lush ‘Eastern Eye’ Indian!). Met up with a couple who were AG regulars who have moved into Holcombe. Will need our own special train from the South Coast soon - assuming we can get a decent team together.

With LJ, I understand what you’re saying. He’s a very likeable guy, but you can’t keep trotting out the same lines for a year. You need to fix the problem. I’m beginning to have grave doubts now he has the ability to do that. 

Meet up soon. 

Archived