IGNORED

Can anyone make a case for sticking with LJ

hoxton casual

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Everyone seems to be in agreement his tome has come, but maybe his supporters are not posting. I would be interested to hear any views on why we should persist. I cannot think of any myself but maybe I am missing something?

I can make a case for Mr Johnson.  He'll have to pack it himself though.

Seriously, there is no case, people have protected him for long enough and made up excuse after excuse. He's a rookie manager (how long for), his win record is good, not since last December it's not. He saved us from relegation, personally think the players did that by pulling the stops out and stopping the in fighting. He is a tinker man and has a few favourites like a spoilt kid. The more tools he has, the more he over thinks and uses them, spoiling any team bonding and consistency. It's no coincidence that our best spell under Johnson came when we had an injury crisis, forcing his hand re team selection. No coincidence either that, on the return of injured players, the consistency and spirit went out of the team, along with results.

It's about time Mr Lansdown stopped throwing good money after bad, get rid and cut your losses. LJ might be a good man behind the scenes and has a good vision for the club but, he has little idea of how to set up a team and even less of how to combat another team and their manager. He's being taught lesson after lesson by other managers but not learning or, not learning enough, quickly enough.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I can make a case for Mr Johnson.  He'll have to pack it himself though.

Seriously, there is no case, people have protected him for long enough and made up excuse after excuse. He's a rookie manager (how long for), his win record is good, not since last December it's not. He saved us from relegation, personally think the players did that by pulling the stops out and stopping the in fighting. He is a tinker man and has a few favourites like a spoilt kid. The more tools he has, the more he over thinks and uses them, spoiling any team bonding and consistency. It's no coincidence that our best spell under Johnson came when we had an injury crisis, forcing his hand re team selection. No coincidence either that, on the return of injured players, the consistency and spirit went out of the team, along with results.

It's about time Mr Lansdown stopped throwing good money after bad, get rid and cut your losses. LJ might be a good man behind the scenes and has a good vision for the club but, he has little idea of how to set up a team and even less of how to combat another team and their manager. He's being taught lesson after lesson by other managers but not learning or, not learning enough, quickly enough.

Whereas it seemed there were two camps in previous slumps, I am not sure I am going to see one person backing him now.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Whereas it seemed there were two camps in previous slumps, I am not sure I am going to see one person backing him now.

He only needs 1! Steve Lansdown. The rest of us are just paying customers whose opinion means absolutely fark all! 

JOHNSON OUT!! 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Natural level based on average position post-war?  It natural level based on money spent in his tenure?

Whats his net spend?

We just sell our best players and expect to win the league,it never ever works.

Much more likely to get relegated if  you sell your 3 best players out of 11 imo.

5 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Whats his net spend?

We just sell our best players and expect to win the league,it never ever works.

Much more likely to get relegated if  you sell your 3 best players out of 11 imo.

No one expects to win the league. Selling our best players to a higher level is something that almost all teams have to contend with every season. We purchased replacements. They weren’t of the same value, because players of that value don’t sign for unremarkable second tier clubs. That’s how the transfer system works and that is the reality for almost all clubs.

What we do expect is a competent performance worthy of the ever-higher entrance fee. We expect the manager to set out a clear strategy for the game. We expect the players to understand that strategy and attempt to execute it. We expect a level of entertainment that justifies the ticket price. We expect to see a level of effort commensurate with the vast sums of money the players earn. We expect to be able to compete with a team no more wealthy than ourselves.

Note that none of the above includes winning or even scoring a goal.

We didn’t get any of that yesterday. There were no extenuating circumstances; no particularly long injury list, no rich and wealthy opposition, no bad luck. It was inexcusable and, frankly, disgraceful.

Time for a change.

5 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Get this man as far away from my club as possible.

A3F0D111-5555-4802-ABEF-0F37AB17C79E.jpeg

@BCFC Grim it’s a genuine quote being reported by the Bristol Post here:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-highlights-preston-johnson-2205984

Appalling comments. If you’re picking your substations based on who has the best song, without doubt it’s time to go.

Johnson out.

I'd just like us to play to our strengths or what the manager think they are. We have 4 wingers but no one in the middle who can actually head a ball. I actually don't know what our strengths/ game plan is and Johnson doesn't either. We should have been right up to play Preston especially as we know what they do. 

3 hours ago, cheese said:

Making a case to keep him is easy - but you wouldn't listen.

I want to hear it. I’ve defended LJ on grounds of year-on-year league position improvement and I generally try to take a broader perspective and avoid knee-jerk reactions. However none of that excuses the rank and inexcusable incompetence on display yesterday. It was a tipping point for me.

So let’s have your reasons because I would genuinely like to hear them.

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

? Wow at last, welcome to reality now lets get him gone.

I object to that. Not sharing your views doesn’t make my opinions any less grounded in “reality” than yours. I was already on record as having strong doubts about LJ, but on balance I felt he was just in credit.

But circumstances changes and yesterday was a tipping point. It was appalling.

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

I object to a lot of words aimed at me over the last few seasons, but sorry, that was maybe a bit strong, can we now just start again but without this clueless one picking the team/players.

Latest on his team for Leeds; "my next team v Leeds will be one that can run around a lot" is that it Lee? how about pass to each other more than 2/3 times, move forward fast and incisive, defend like your lives depended on it fight like sh1te for the badge/club/and yourselves knock them into the middle of next week and never stop believing we will come back with nothing all the points. Oh and Lee don't pick the team/players based on songs we have about them F.F.S

I think we have reached agreement!

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-highlights-preston-johnson-2205984

Appalling comments. If you’re picking your substations based on who has the best song, without doubt it’s time to go.

Johnson out.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. He's lost the plot.

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Johnson out.

Thing is, he doesn't really mean any of it, it's all a smokescreen to cover his pitifully poor in-game management. He thinks he's being smart and funny...and seems to be under the impression that we'll laugh along with him. I'm afraid he comes across as the golden boy who thinks he's cleverer than he is...on reflection he has done all along. He's deluded..but somehow never held to account. Needs to go before he does any more damage.

Archived