IGNORED

A text from the club....

BS4 on Tour...

....an hour after the end of yesterday’s shambles (sorry, game) I got a text from the club saying they will be calling me soon to discuss me taking part in the Club Lottery and also, do I know any family members or friends who would also like to take part?

So, an hour after a dire, pathetic performance the club is bugging me to ask for money and asking me to give them details of other people who may wish to give them money. Who on earth decides on the timing and content of these campaigns? Did the club really think 6.00pm after a shite performance was the right time? Unbelievable.....anyone else get the text?

I agree that is ridiculous timing but not just because it was so close to an abject performance but how close to Christmas we are. Many families have more important expenditure at this time.

I know that majority of interest for the lottery would have to come from supporters but don’t we pay enough (season tickets and memberships etc). Could the club not try marketing purely as a lottery with the cash prizes emphasised. When I was younger I did a City scratch card lottery route and the majority of my customers weren’t fans but liked the scratchcards

you must have given consent to being contacted, that is your action not that of the Club.

When precisely during the year does everyone have enough energy, time, money and emotion to get a call from a business YOU have chosen to support. Come on man, get real there are many worse things in life and i fear you are one of the many posters who would rather grumble to the media about something (however trivial) to do with BCFC than keep it to yourself and deal with it

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....an hour after the end of yesterday’s shambles (sorry, game) I got a text from the club saying they will be calling me soon to discuss me taking part in the Club Lottery and also, do I know any family members or friends who would also like to take part?

So, an hour after a dire, pathetic performance the club is bugging me to ask for money and asking me to give them details of other people who may wish to give them money. Who on earth decides on the timing and content of these campaigns? Did the club really think 6.00pm after a shite performance was the right time? Unbelievable.....anyone else get the text?

Really did this happen. If so please tell them to go Somewhere begining and ending with F

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

you must have given consent to being contacted, that is your action not that of the Club.

When precisely during the year does everyone have enough energy, time, money and emotion to get a call from a business YOU have chosen to support. Come on man, get real there are many worse things in life and i fear you are one of the many posters who would rather grumble to the media about something (however trivial) to do with BCFC than keep it to yourself and deal with it

I’ve never grumbled to the media about anything. And if I’d given my consent to be contacted then why is this the first text i’ve ever received from the club? Surely they’d have tried to get more money from me before? And of course there are many worse things in life....a line that could be used in response to just about every moaning thread and post on here - including some of yours...

Do you think LJ uses a similar system for picking the team? If a player gets contacted by text an hour before the game, the lottery has picked him out, and he's in the team. Then LJ has to try to fit them into a formation. That would explain a lot. 3 central midfielders and no wingers yesterday. Fit that into a team! No wonder the players look so confused and unprepared...

Archived