IGNORED

Preston goal offside??

DC10

15 hours ago, DC10 said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately as it turned out) I couldn’t make it yesterday but looking at the highlights it looks a lot like the Preston goal was offside?? 

Poor officiating compounding a poor performance...

88D8BDB4-C311-4161-B699-1D57F99E6AE2.jpeg

This is where VAR is needed, poor officiating, officials need to explain there mistakes, 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you telling me that you can be offside if the ball goes backwards, or are you being pedantic about how the rule is worded in the FA Laws..? 

I’m using example scenarios, not quoting the written word of the laws of the game. 

You can be offside when the ball goes backwards. As per the rules.

Well you learn something new every day.  I always thought you couldn't be offside if the ball didn't go forward but I guess it makes more sense what @Nibor is saying, it's just a scenario that would hardly ever happen.  Interesting. Still, terrible defending.

47 minutes ago, Nibor said:

You can be offside when the ball goes backwards. As per the rules.

I hold my hands up and now to your superior knowledge. 

I always believed (and was sure I’d seen examples in the past) of not being able to be offside if the ball was not played forwards. 

You are correct and the direction of the ball does not matter. 

Watching the game, I was wondering how Kalas and Baker allowed Daniel Johnson to get that pass in. The answer appears to be that Baker, not for the first time, fell over.

Although Twentyman was praising Johnson on RB afterwards, I didn't think he was that great. Better at arguing with the ref and timewasting.

Archived