IGNORED

Callum Robinson - what a cock .

Major Isewater

11 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Ever wondered why our coaching staff couldn't get what the Preston mob have got out of him?

Luke Freeman!!!

I’ve long gone on record stating in the brief minutes we saw from him, I thought he was on Kodjia’s wavelength. 

I thought he was totally entitled to celebrate. He owed City nothing. 

5 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Ever wondered why our coaching staff couldn't get what the Preston mob have got out of him?

Well if we go back we signed him after a very average league one campaign with Preston where he scored just 4 goals (yes, one of those was the winner at the Gate). As far as I can remember Preston weren’t very keen on re-signing him so we did. Was very uninspiring at the time and obviously it didn’t work out. Was poor in his limited number of appearances and he seemed scared to challenge for the ball.

Suprisingly Preston took him back and since then his career has taken off. Same thing happened with Bobby Reid last season, sometimes it happens. Wouldn’t put any blame on our coaches.

Wasn’t he still on Villa’s books when he signed on loan with us in championship (after his loan at league one Preston)? Preston were promoted after us so presumably they became a more attractive  option for him for a permanent move when they joined the championship.

34 minutes ago, eardun said:

Wasn’t he still on Villa’s books when he signed on loan with us in championship (after his loan at league one Preston)? Preston were promoted after us so presumably they became a more attractive  option for him for a permanent move when they joined the championship.

They came up same season as us.  But he was at Villa.

3 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Well if we go back we signed him after a very average league one campaign with Preston where he scored just 4 goals (yes, one of those was the winner at the Gate). As far as I can remember Preston weren’t very keen on re-signing him so we did. Was very uninspiring at the time and obviously it didn’t work out. Was poor in his limited number of appearances and he seemed scared to challenge for the ball.

Suprisingly Preston took him back and since then his career has taken off. Same thing happened with Bobby Reid last season, sometimes it happens. Wouldn’t put any blame on our coaches.

We did want him back but he was (badly) advised to "experience a new city" by then Villa manager Tim Sherwood. Seems daft choosing a club on the city and not the football. He didn't fit into your system at the time and had already done well with us in L1. He then re-joined us on loan the following January and then permanently for around 200k the following summer.

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They came up same season as us.  But he was at Villa.

Thought he had issues at Villa as well. Read somewhere that there was possibly an attitude problem. However has now seemed to have settled down and performances like his on Saturday are the result.

20 minutes ago, shelts said:

Only footballer on show Saturday. The difference between the two sides. Oh how I wish we had a player like him 

Maguire gave a performance that reminded me of....wait for it....Cauley Woodrow at Burton....but more pacy!  Looks a real pest, and his movement reminded me of Hogan.  @BobBobSuperBob - you have an eye for a striker...what did you make of him?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Maguire gave a performance that reminded me of....wait for it....Cauley Woodrow at Burton....but more pacy!  Looks a real pest, and his movement reminded me of Hogan.  @BobBobSuperBob - you have an eye for a striker...what did you make of him?

Thought he looked a livewire Dave - very sharp , great movement  - just what you don’t want when playing 3 centre backs really !

There was a moment early on when he spun and left Baker trailing that was Wow

In fairness I was astounded that Baker got back and ended up rescuing it brilliantly 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought he looked a livewire Dave - very sharp , great movement  - just what you don’t want when playing 3 centre backs really !

There was a moment early on when he spun and left Baker trailing that was Wow

In fairness I was astounded that Baker got back and ended up rescuing it brilliantly 

Thought Baker looked up for it on Saturday....his downfall was trying to “do” Barkhuisen (I think) on the touchline beneath us in the LS....and opened up his knee I reckon.

21 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Thought he had issues at Villa as well. Read somewhere that there was possibly an attitude problem. However has now seemed to have settled down and performances like his on Saturday are the result.

I think (but aren`t certain by any means) that he has got married and has a child now so that might have made the difference?

Archived