IGNORED

Your Favourite Comedy Sketch of All Time

The Coach

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 08:02, EmissionImpossible said:

Probably says more about the age of forum contributors than anything else.

Despite only being 18, I struggle to find any humour in todays 'comedy'.

Dad's Army had a few classics as did Only Fools but my personal favourite is probably John Cleese doing his best Hitler impersonation to some Germans in Fawlty Towers, classic stuff

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

If we are talking moments from comedy series then i'd include anything from Blackadder as comedy gold and one of my own personal favourites, Bottom.

Big Train was perhaps underrated, some brilliant sketches on there.

As was Absolutely, some quality stuff in there too and the writing was pure genius.

Also, amongst many classic Hancock shows it has to be The Blood Donor.

On 15/11/2018 at 17:38, ziderheadarmy said:

Been some decent comedies made the last 10 years 

- Early Doors

- This is Country

- Inbetweeners 

The inbetweens is a fair shout. The series rather than the films were great - a level of purile teenage humour a lot of us could relate to. 

My two favourite sketches would be;

1. Only Fools - Triggers story about his broom in Sids Cafe.

2. Brass Eye - The Child predator being sent to space. 

In terms of comedies in the last 10 years, Green Wing is up there for both stupid jokes, but also clever ones and great characters. Dr Alan Statham is one of my favourite characters in anything.

On 14/11/2018 at 11:07, Major Isewater said:

Sheer genius. 

Just now, Gazred said:

The Major beat you to it, post#20 - but no harm in seeing it again. Comedy genius.

I just saw. Opps! 

3 hours ago, Markman said:

Of all time = Laurel and Hardy take your pick (or a few W C Fields)

Laurel and Hardy sadly seem to be forgotten about nowadays.

Theres a scene they did (fraternity meeting at the start of Sons of the Desert) which was copied in a modern setting by IT Crowd (the one with the stress machine).

Obviously with comedy there are a limited number of jokes and a coincidence is possible, but if you see the 2 scenes one after the other they are too close to be simply chance. Needless to say, the original was the funnier version.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Laurel and Hardy sadly seem to be forgotten about nowadays.

Theres a scene they did (fraternity meeting at the start of Sons of the Desert) which was copied in a modern setting by IT Crowd (the one with the stress machine).

Obviously with comedy there are a limited number of jokes and a coincidence is possible, but if you see the 2 scenes one after the other they are too close to be simply chance. Needless to say, the original was the funnier version.

Their Piano delivery sketch is one of the funniest things ever. 

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:59, Major Isewater said:

Their Piano delivery sketch is one of the funniest things ever. 

Thoroughly agree, these were brilliant, stood the test of time as well as any comedy sketch by anybody  … and to think this was as far back as 1971 … (a tv advert no less... Mr Shifter and Son!  ?)

take it you meant these two and this piano sketch Major? ;) 

I'm going to throw a bit of Peep Show in here.  If I'm ever sad, I always watch a bit of Peep Show (on DailyMotion, C4 has blitzed most clips off YouTube), and it never fails to raise a laugh and cheer me up.

The whole of this episode (Seasonal Beatings) is comedy gold, but this bit is iconic to fans:

46 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm going to throw a bit of Peep Show in here.  If I'm ever sad, I always watch a bit of Peep Show (on DailyMotion, C4 has blitzed most clips off YouTube), and it never fails to raise a laugh and cheer me up.

The whole of this episode (Seasonal Beatings) is comedy gold, but this bit is iconic to fans:

I’m going to watch them all again now

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Watched every single episode of Peep show over the course of 2 weekends on Netflix.

Thought it was brilliant at times, but also had some weak episodes. However it was very much more good than bad and a very good series overall.

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Watched every single episode of Peep show over the course of 2 weekends on Netflix.

Thought it was brilliant at times, but also had some weak episodes. However it was very much more good than bad and a very good series overall.

They are just such well-drawn characters. Everyone knows someone who is a bit like Mark and Jez.

Archived