IGNORED

Leeds fan in peace 2

Cjay

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

An identity, thats what i should have said, good managers have an identity as coaches, something that defines there teams.

Warnock, Pulis, Pep etc all have that clear identity.

Been a manager for a good few years now Johnson, odd he hasnt found one. 

He is clueless. That is his style.

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

An identity, thats what i should have said, good managers have an identity as coaches, something that defines there teams.

Warnock, Pulis, Pep etc all have that clear identity.

Been a manager for a good few years now Johnson, odd he hasnt found one. 

Some fans do not get the difference between style and identity.

What do you feel Bielsa is putting in place that is defining, and will define his football for Leeds?

There are some features of Lee Johnsons teams that could define his football,  but they are not maintained long enough to organise the team to feel that is Bristol City and the future.

On 14/11/2018 at 19:20, handsofclay said:

I have to conclude it is the manager. He was the same at Barnsley, at one stage lost loads on the trot and then they won loads of consecutive games which got them promotion. He is a peaks and troughs manager. The same is occurring this season.

Yes, but remember he had joined us way before they got promoted. He left in the Feb to come here.

Not suggesting you are saying otherwise, but the job was hardly done when he left.

3 hours ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Good evening @Cjay . As I'm married to a Leeds Utd fan, I often feel I have a good insight into what being a Leeds fan is all about. My missus will love this thread, as she always asks whether we're talking about Leeds on this forum!

Anyway... a couple of lads from round our way are currently in the youth set-up at Leeds as keepers, so continuing to watch their progress. Harrison Male, on-loan at Tadcaster, if you've heard of him? 

Hi?

Does your missus frequent any of the Leeds forums? If she was interested shes welcome to join ours http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

I'v head of him, maybe ask @1964w he keeps an eye on the loanees on our forum for us.

You said a couple, who else? Im curious now :laugh:.

2 hours ago, 1964w said:

Hi Leeds season-ticket holder here

We witnessed much negativity from the baggies fans on a West Brom forum

They battered us 4-1

The championship is so unpredictable

Hello Leon:-).

Good fun here.

This is one of the old guard, been a LUFC fan since before i was born.

Be better at answering questions on logistics for matchdays and stuff then I.

Although his player rating is questionable,  not a fan of my avatar.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Some fans do not get the difference between style and identity.

What do you feel Bielsa is putting in place that is defining, and will define his football for Leeds?

There are some features of Lee Johnsons teams that could define his football,  but they are not maintained long enough to organise the team to feel that is Bristol City and the future.

Good question actually, ive never really thought about the difference between a playing style and an identity.

For me i think the difference is styles of play can change, but an identity doesnt.

For Belsa he is installing an intensity in the play, an energy, a grit i suppose.

That doesnt change, its ingrained in the players regardless of who plays where. 

They are organised, intense and full of energy, thats what defines Bielsa's Leeds imo, thats his identiy at Leeds.

Styles change based on whose playing, a big tall target man or a nippy forward, your style will probably change to reflect that.

But the way Bielsa instills hard work, energy, intelligence in the players will stay with them long after he has gone.

He is working closely with the youth teams and coaches and I'm sure the coaches are learning from Bielsa, our U23 manager is part of the 1st team setup.

The core of what Bielsa belives in will be passed on imo, that will be part of his legacy.

11 hours ago, Cjay said:

Hello Leon:-).

Good fun here.

This is one of the old guard, been a LUFC fan since before i was born.

Be better at answering questions on logistics for matchdays and stuff then I.

Although his player rating is questionable,  not a fan of my avatar.

Hi Cjay

Seems a good forum

My player ratings are accurate as I'm not watching Leeds games through dodgy/buffering streams ?

I even given Alioski an 8/10 & a few 7/10's in games this season ?

On 13/11/2018 at 16:13, handsofclay said:

I remember City going to Leeds in a cup replay in 1974 when Leeds were unbeaten in the league and City were just above the drop zone in what is now the Championship. City won in one of THE shock results of the 20th century. If City win at Elland Road on the 24th, I will class it as one of THE shock results of the 21st century.

In our last home game we had one shot on target and that came from a free-kick in the 83rd minute. We are dire. 

I was at that game, you fully deserved your shock victory that day 

On 16/11/2018 at 15:32, stevep38 said:

Hi Cjay

What's the chances of getting a ticket for the game on the day for away fans? Don't live In Bristol  now and work away on ships so no chance  of getting a ticket before the game. 

Thanks 

Hi

Virtually none. It's a home sell out and whenever it even looks like getting that way they make it all ticket for away fans to ensure that home fans don't buy.

Sorry ?

16 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Hi

Virtually none. It's a home sell out and whenever it even looks like getting that way they make it all ticket for away fans to ensure that home fans don't buy.

Sorry ?

Hi Sr1

Ah well pity that but understandable. 

Thanks for the info. 

14 hours ago, 1964w said:

Sadly I missed seeing JC play by about 18 months & yes he was a lovely big-hearted man

I saw him play live only once. For Leeds at Ashton Gate in a League Two game.

He played centre half and was impassable by our two strikers (modern terminology) John Atyeo and Jimmy Rogers who had scored over sixty goals in the previous season when we won Third (South) title. John Charles, a truly great player.

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:37, Cjay said:

I see @SR1 answered this better then i could, but i asked on our forum and someone answered to so i will paste what they said to.

tell the lovely Bristol City fan just to follow the crowd along elland rd up the hill past macdonalds over the motorway bridge into holbeck across the park and keep on following straight on over the canal bridge under the viaduct up the wooden stairs on your left and eh presto you at the station . you cant go wrong but its absolute agony :) 

also tell him if we lose get a dam taxi ....otherwise he might get a severe beating in holbeck or worse still thrown in the canal.

He hasnt much to lose Johnson now, maybe throwing in the rough diamonds is the way forward. 

throwing Johnson in that canal sounds good to me and then Jamie macallister behind him.see if they start singing about lifebuoys

More good news for you.

Pontus Jansson and BPF (our 1st choice goalie) are both probably outof Saturdays game.

We lost Jamal Blackman to so we are on 3rd string goalie.

Bielsa has suggested either Aapo Halme (young Finnish cb, done quite well in the u23s) or Kalvin Philips  (a dm who drops into defence when we are building from the back, but not a cb) will replace Jansson.

We could have a midfielder and a winger in defence, great.

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

More good news for you.

Pontus Jansson and BPF (our 1st choice goalie) are both probably outof Saturdays game.

Bielsa has suggested either Aapo Halme (young Finnish cb, done quite well in the u23s) or Kalvin Philips  (a dm who drops into defence when we are building from the back, but not a cb) will replace Jansson.

Jansson will be a big miss if he doesn't play, because he is easily our best CB.

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

More good news for you.

We have played much of the past couple of months with our 3rd choice keeper and it didn’t work out too badly! 

Jansson will be a loss. Still can’t see him without thinking of his second yellow card at Ashton Gate a few years ago (pretty sure it was him). Not just your average kicking the ball away; this was in full view of the ref and , literally, kicking it out of the ground! I guess if you’re going to get a second yellow for that then you might as well do it properly!!

3 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Jansson will be a big miss if he doesn't play, because he is easily our best CB.

Will make no odds; if it's anything like our last game against Preston we won't get near your goal to defend. Leeds are one of those teams we can never beat away; remember when you beat us with 10 men; last year we should have been about 4 0 up and royally crumbled after 70 mins almost losing. If I was a betting man this is an absolute home banker. 4-0 Leeds.

11 minutes ago, Cjay said:

More good news for you.

We got a couple of results with our 3rd choice young keeper a few weeks ago

And we’ll probably have a defender on the wing in reply to your concerns about having a winger in defence :laugh:.

i think Johnson has just said we will exploit your weaknesses, anything to add to your above post please! 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

We got a couple of results with our 3rd choice young keeper a few weeks ago

And we’ll probably have a defender on the wing in reply to your concerns about having a winger in defence :laugh:.

i think Johnson has just said we will exploit your weaknesses, anything to add to your above post please! 

Nouvel approach from Johnson.

8 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Will make no odds; if it's anything like our last game against Preston we won't get near your goal to defend. Leeds are one of those teams we can never beat away; remember when you beat us with 10 men; last year we should have been about 4 0 up and royally crumbled after 70 mins almost losing. If I was a betting man this is an absolute home banker. 4-0 Leeds.

Well I hope you are right is really all I can say in reply to that?

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Nouvel approach from Johnson.

I think I have got him sussed. If we are away we try to exploit the home team’s weaknesses, if we are home we let them exploit ours. That’s pretty much how the majority of the results have gone I think :laugh:

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

More good news for you.

To be fair we could quite easily have a winger in goal and a left back up front, I don’t think anyone would be surprised! 

On 16/11/2018 at 19:35, 1964w said:

Surely this must be a transitional season for your club after losing nearly £30m worth of talent in Flint, Bryan, Reid & Magnússon

Are any of your new signings on a par with the above four ?

Webster is a much better footballer than Flint and more suited to the style our coach wants to play. We have a very good LB in Dasilva on loan from Chelsea and has in my opinion filled the void left by JB. Where we are struggling is replacing the goals BR scored and hopefully thaf can be addressed in Jan.

We are not a bad side and when it clicks we look a very good side. At the moment it's not clicking and the recent results are clear to see

Saturday should be a good game but I can't see us coming away with anything based on recent performances

I just can’t call this. As ever we are so hard to predict. We played SO well vs Stoke and got nothing, but I left Ashton Gate that afternoon feeling strangely positive - maybe we had finally found the ‘magic formula’ - and there is only one Jack Buckland after all.
At Reading, LJ started with the VERY same lineup that I would have done - and what most of OTIB called for - and it didn’t work - in fact it was utterly awful.
Preston was even worse by all accounts - although they do have a Hoodoo over us so we were never going to win that one.
LJ doesn’t know his best 11 and after Reading I have to say I can understand - because I don’t either - and I would challenge my compatriots on here to claim they do!
Toss a die - 1-2 for a home win, 3-4 for an away win and 5-6 for a draw. It’s anybodys guess.

I will predict a Leeds win - simply because they are the home team, above us in the league - and to limit my disappointment if it happens, but like I said it’s hard to call this. 

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

We have played much of the past couple of months with our 3rd choice keeper and it didn’t work out too badly! 

Jansson will be a loss. Still can’t see him without thinking of his second yellow card at Ashton Gate a few years ago (pretty sure it was him). Not just your average kicking the ball away; this was in full view of the ref and , literally, kicking it out of the ground! I guess if you’re going to get a second yellow for that then you might as well do it properly!!

It was his first card and they took him off at HT(?) because he was playing like a dick and kicking out at anything that moved. He was a complete bombscare for them that night  and would have got sent off for sure if he hadn`t been subbed. That kicking the ball away was a sight to behold though - didn`t he try and kid the ref it was flat or something to excuse his action?

I don`t think he`d been at Leeds too long and I remember thinking he won`t be around much longer if he carries on like that.

To see him now you wouldn`t think it was the same player. He`s easily one of the best CBs in the league now.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:23, Cjay said:

He is a joy, although not faultless, some things he does confuse me, but hey ho, his press conferences are great, like listening to a philosopher 

To be fair you sold good players and then spent peanuts, thats not the managers fault? 

when football was good Saturday 3pm(bs) one plain Alex Ferguson decided to play his latest star acquisition (from lowly BCFC) the great tv pundit Jimmy Hill (BCFC) fans liked him for all the wrong reasons was on match of the day and said my second favourite football quote of all time "if you pay peanuts you have to expect a monkey" RIP Ralph RIP Jimmy.

Archived