IGNORED

Media team mistakes day after day (Merged)

cidered abroad

The thing I don't understand is when you hire someone to do your social media as a football club the main thing you need is professionalism and knowledge of how to drive up interaction, in this case why have we not signed a social media team who are supporters of the club? Hire a Bristol City fan, a Bristol Rugby fan and a Bears fan, a three man/woman team who have a passion for the media they are working with, this alone should minimise issues that are popping up.

I've done a lot of social media stuff and I know the difference between working on a social media account that you're passionate about and one you couldn't care less about, one is easier because you have a passion for it and also the knowledge of what you're promoting. Another thing our social media doesn't seem to pay attention to is research as they don't seem to know what our fanbase actually like/dislike, I know there is a large range and the younger generation are a lot harder to satisfy but all it should take is a bit of professionalism with a hint of banter to please most without overselling everything to the point where people almost instantly take a disliking to it.

I follow the twitter accounts of football, rugby and basketball.

The latter two have some great banter and are obviously ran by people who know their audience.

The football one though is shocking. Put a video up of CHSW and everyone will like and come back. Stick to that sort of content and not the silly questions grown adults won’t answer and will just cringe at !!

Media Team Mistakes Day After Day …. really? 

That's not good enough for a pro media organisation, what did they mistake it for?  Monday Monday ?  …  Ruby Tuesday?

nb: Media team,  those songs were by the Mamas & The Papas  /  Rolling Stones  ….  whereas Day After Day is a Bowie track on The Man Who Sold The World album. 

Unforgivable... bring back Adam Baker!

:punish:  

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Okay the twitter page has gone from brilliant last season to terrible this. But what really annoys me is the way they do the interviews on the website.

I agree. I used to love the interviews and pressers. The only things apart from game highlights I ever watch on the OS now are post match interviews, and that's only because they don't have time to f with 'em! Pressers I'll sometimes watch on the bristol post website. I also think their city podcast (Robin on the Wire) with Michelle Owen and Gregor McGregor McGregor is really good.

16 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

Agree that the podcast is really good hosted by two people that know what they are talking about. Worried that soon they will let Downsy near it and turn it into a joke like the Bristol Bears podcast.

is there a bcfc podcast?

Sorry just realised you were referring to one in the BEP

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

yes I'm  an OSIBling, was wondering if he was referring to OSIB bring an official BCFC podcast and getting Downsy involved :city:

The club are aware of us. No real link up yet. Would be nice if they let staff on ours like they do with the BP one.  

40 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The club are aware of us. No real link up yet. Would be nice if they let staff on ours like they do with the BP one.  

If you're getting officially denied access then that's awful. Have you tried tweeting (for example) Tins or Scotty directly?

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If you're getting officially denied access then that's awful. Have you tried tweeting (for example) Tins or Scotty directly?

Not denied at all. Would like the club to be more proactive in linking up though. Matt Parsons is a regular listener and is keen on doing stuff. Just nothing has happened yet.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Not denied at all. Would like the club to be more proactive in linking up though. Matt Parsons is a regular listener and is keen on doing stuff. Just nothing has happened yet.

Has anyone connected with the club been approached to come on the podcast?

Archived