IGNORED

Apparently it's nostalgia day

Fiale

@The Batman   For some reason when I was a kid we always had Atari then Nintendo game consoles (and a ZX81 and later Spectrum), yet ALL my friends had Sony ones - I also remember one kid getting a Acorn computer for some reason that we could not figure, think his parents fell for the "educational purposes" trap.

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

@The Batman   For some reason when I was a kid we always had Atari then Nintendo game consoles (and a ZX81 and later Spectrum), yet ALL my friends had Sony ones - I also remember one kid getting a Acorn computer for some reason that we could not figure, think his parents fell for the "educational purposes" trap.

Dont remember the ZX81 but i recall the spectrum. I used to pretend to do work on it when I was a kid.

Proper gamer looking back, Master system, NES, SNES, PS, N64, PS2, PS3 & now PS4 (when i have time) - dont think I had any others. Never bothered with the Dreamcast 

21 hours ago, smokey live said:

It's crazy how expensive these computers were compared to wages back then, but they were so much fun - spent so many nights just getting engrossed in these early computer games.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone else remember the school wheeling in the big telly so`s we kids could watch major events?

The first one I can remember was watching the Torrey Canyon disaster in 1967 at primary school.

Yeah these things - could hardly see anything from a few feet away and the recordings were usually just really poor, fuzzy with lots of flickering, we have come a longgggggg way.

TV-e12a974d.jpeg?ver=1538651293&aspectra

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone else remember the school wheeling in the big telly so`s we kids could watch major events?

The first one I can remember was watching the Torrey Canyon disaster in 1967 at primary school.

Yep, I remember watching what must have been Concorde's take off for USA (or something important) while in Junior school, 72 or 73 ish ?

Archived