IGNORED

Vixens on BT Sport today

Meh

Sorry if already posted but noticed Women’s team playing today against the scousers and live on BT Sport.

Going to give it a go as not watched them before and will be a refreshing change to watch a city team with passion, spirit and desire.

Also the ? on BT Sport against Exeter tomorrow so another good to watch game from a packed AG !!

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s also Bath v. Worcester at 12:45pm which will be worth keeping an eye on (should be live on RugbyPass) followed by England v. Japan then Scotland v. SA. That’s today sorted! 

Don't forget Ireland v the Kiwis at 7 as well! 

Good on you, Neo. You'll find it a different atmosphere and possibly a refreshing one. Just to warn you though, follow the website's advice and park in the approved (Aviva) offices and not the SCG grounds as they have now put parking meters up there! And if you have a little one (particularly a female) it may be just the ticket for them.

I hope the fact that they are playing at 3pm on a Saturday doesn't mean a lot of the fans are involved with games elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Are they really called "Vixens"? :noexp:

With that and Bristol Bears we must be in line for the silliest team names award.

Can we rename Bristol City the Bristol Budgerigars just to guarantee it?

Foxes doesn’t really work does it......

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No, they got the name from their collective skills in ripping open a black bin liner and throwing the contents all over the pavement.

Fake news. It was because of an incident after their Christmas party a few years ago when some of the squad broke into a henhouse and killed twenty chickens.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

If BS is to mean anything perhaps we can play some of these forwards against Leeds.  Good set pieces and cool finishing.

Failing that could their coaches take training before the Leeds game.

The coach certainly has a more varied background than LJ. Perhaps he could learn a thing or two.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/16/psychology-tanya-oxtoby-bristol-city-women-wsl

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Some may not like the concept of Bristol Sport but I feel that every bit of publicity for Bristol helps. On a day when Rovers lose 2-1 to the mighty Scunthorpe, City beat Liverpool 2-1. 

Well said pongo.

I watched second half. Vixens defended well and made several good attacking breaks. Male ref gave several very soft decisions in favour of Liverpool but of course didn't see anything wrong with the same things done by Liverpool.

BBC Women's Football page headline says "Bristol City beat out of form Liverpool". Funny how it is always the big club out of sorts rather than the fact that the non big name club played well.

COYREDS.

I watched the first half hour and was disappointed by the quality.  The woman’s game is often quoted as being very technical without the power and pace.  I saw a poor level of technical quality in that first half hour.  You expect it to be better, especially on artificial surface.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I watched the first half hour and was disappointed by the quality.  The woman’s game is often quoted as being very technical without the power and pace.  I saw a poor level of technical quality in that first half hour.  You expect it to be better, especially on artificial surface.

I saw the 1st half too.

It was dire, if we're being honest.

Super league, this is not

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I saw the 1st half too.

It was dire, if we're being honest.

Super league, this is not

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No worse than the men the last few games. Although I agree wasn't the best.

That's not an artificial pitch at SGS, pretty certain it's grass

The game is evolving,  most of the senior players wouldn't have been involved in academies like there are now for girls football.

57 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

No worse than the men the last few games. Although I agree wasn't the best.

in comparison with expected levels, agree.

That's not an artificial pitch at SGS, pretty certain it's grass

thought it was a 3G pitch, but take your word for it.  If it is grass, then it's a pretty decent surface, and no excuses to not be able to pass and move.

The game is evolving,  most of the senior players wouldn't have been involved in academies like there are now for girls football.

Archived