IGNORED

England v Croatia

Red Army 75

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In the main I've quite enjoyed watching England under Southgate.  

We have some potential superstars coming through and good youngsters:

- Gomez

- Alexander-Arnold (when he replaces Walker in time)

- Chilwell (not phased playing Internationally)

- Delph (underrated, keeps it ticking and driving us forward)

- Rashford (lets consider him as a forward not striker)

Fully believe Gomez will be one of the best centre halves we've produced in a very long time.

Started to get my mojo back for England before the World Cup , and even more so with the U19's , U21's and U23's performing so well. Actually enjoyed the friendly last week and now look forward to England playing. Might start going again.
I never rated Delph but I thought he was very good today, really added balance .
Rashford looked dangerous running with the ball, their defence looked terrified ?
Barkley is starting to impress me too. 
The whole feeling, style and atmosphere around England has changed massively since GS has come in, massive respect to him considering how I felt about the team after that Iceland farce.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Started to get my mojo back for England before the World Cup , and even more so with the U19's , U21's and U23's performing so well. Actually enjoyed the friendly last week and now look forward to England playing. Might start going again.
I never rated Delph but I thought he was very good today, really added balance .
Rashford looked dangerous running with the ball, their defence looked terrified ?
Barkley is starting to impress me too. 
The whole feeling, style and atmosphere around England has changed massively since GS has come in, massive respect to him considering how I felt about the team after that Iceland farce.

Yes I agree, the only thing that worries me is Pickfords habit of playing out very short from the back, Croatia spotted it and it almost got us into trouble a few times.

Still lacking that true midfielder. We simply have to build for 2020, nothing else at the moment. Dier and Henderson are not technically good enough to be that anchor that is needed. Winks is developing nicely, however doesn’t appear to have the physicality that is required if we want to play the one holder, and two more forward thinking midfielders. Lewis Cook will also likely be in the squad sometime in the near future. A Busquets esque player is want we need to be developing to finish off this team. 

World class forward line, with centre back also extremely strong. Positive young full backs, and a very good ‘keeper. Our attacking midfielder choices of Alli, Barkley, Lingard and Loftus Cheek could keep us going for the next 5 years, and will only get better with the addition of Phil Foden and Gibbs-White. 

Exiting times, ay. 

7 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Still lacking that true midfielder. We simply have to build for 2020, nothing else at the moment. Dier and Henderson are not technically good enough to be that anchor that is needed. Winks is developing nicely, however doesn’t appear to have the physicality that is required if we want to play the one holder, and two more forward thinking midfielders. Lewis Cook will also likely be in the squad sometime in the near future. A Busquets esque player is want we need to be developing to finish off this team. 

World class forward line, with centre back also extremely strong. Positive young full backs, and a very good ‘keeper. Our attacking midfielder choices of Alli, Barkley, Lingard and Loftus Cheek could keep us going for the next 5 years, and will only get better with the addition of Phil Foden and Gibbs-White. 

Exiting times, ay. 

I thought Dier did ok in there today.  Can’t play him and Henderson together that’s for sure, but one of them has merits.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Dier did ok in there today.  Can’t play him and Henderson together that’s for sure, but one of them has merits.

Neither offer enough in possession of the ball, whereas both Winks and Cook offer a lot more but lack the physicality. Difficult one  

Well, I’d drop and fine Jesse Lingard for wearing gloves whilst playing for his country on a mild November afternoon...Harry Kane had a short sleeved shirt and no gloves.....Jesse had a long sleeved shirt and gloves, bless him. But then ‘Harry’ is a proper first name....whereas ‘Jesse’ - probably explains their relative attitudes towards the ‘cold’ weather we had today....

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Why do fans get annoyed by players wearing gloves? Maybe his hands were cold?

It was just a lighthearted post, wasn’t meant to be serious, just a joke  Chief....but like a Roverzzzz through ball, it went over your head....although, I AM genuinely puzzled as to why our last two French strikers wear bandages/plaster casts on their wrists/arms for no apparent reason....perhaps their arms are cold?

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was just a lighthearted post, wasn’t meant to be serious, just a joke  Chief....but like a Roverzzzz through ball, it went over your head....although, I AM genuinely puzzled as to why our last two French strikers wear bandages/plaster casts on their wrists/arms for no apparent reason....perhaps their arms are cold?

Plaster of Paris?

That was good yesterday- particularly liked the comfort in possession with the 4-3-3 and the overall dominance- was a bit surprised but pleasantly so at just how dominant we were! Was great to see- Lingard the hero equaliser, then goalline clearance between his equaliser and Kane's goal. Our pressure of Croatia in possession looked sharp too, good to see.

Wouldn't be certain about winning it next year- if Holland lose tonight then France with their depth of talent will be in the last 4. Portugal have a good new generation coming through and have switched to a formation more suited to them plus Ronaldo should be back by then maybe , Switzerland are actually not a bad side at all but usually pretty wasteful in front of goal, even Holland have stepped up under Koeman.

We've as good a chance as any but it won't be a foregone conclusion.

13 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Why do fans get annoyed by players wearing gloves? Maybe his hands were cold?

Annoyed not really. But many coaches would rather they did not do it. It is not necessary. It is frequently only due to ego, a fashion statement and some are paid to wear that product.

On a psychological level there may be benefit for some players as routines, rituals and believing something may assist you to play better can (factually this is true in cases) really do so. The opposite is also true. Fannying around with gimmicks such as gloves can affect focus. 

If there was a physiological reason for so many players so frequently wearing gloves and in increasing numbers it would be witnessed in other sports e.g. rugby, but of course it is not

Summary … Many football players are fannies. Gloves are a symbol.

On 18/11/2018 at 15:22, CityCiderEd said:

Sterling looks world class for man city and Sunday league for England. Get Wilson on and kane off along with dier.

How does he look Sunday league? He’s not a great finisher, I’d expect his conversion rate even for city to not be great they just create more chances. That said, his movement is dangerous and the space it creates goes unnoticed by his critics. He might not be the most clinical in front of goal but to say he looks Sunday league is a terrible shout.

On 18/11/2018 at 15:29, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would have taken Kane off , not Rashford

On 18/11/2018 at 15:30, Super said:

How has Kane stayed on?

On 18/11/2018 at 15:33, nickolas said:

Rashford injured. 

But yes, Kane is sh1te today. 

Easy to say in hindsight but that’s why Kane stays on.

Really enjoyed that yesterday. GS has built and trained a system that suits his players, but also doesn’t rely on individuals (other than maybe Kane).

anyone can step into the team and we keep our identity without really weakening much.

the nations league definitely makes the international breaks more interesting and despite what some people said initially, every team is taking it serious and trying to win

Archived