IGNORED

A weekend with Niclas Eliasson

bristolcitysweden

A weekend at a football professional Niclas Eliasson is playing his second season in Bristol City and a few weeks ago I got the privilege of meeting him when his Robins was playing against Stoke. Despite the preamble of this article, it will be a part about Stoke, but most about the football life for one of the most exciting stars in the Swedish football sky. And perhaps Falkenberg's next contribution to the Swedish football team. Friends can never get too many and a few years ago I became acquainted with Hasse Eliasson through our common acquaintance Uffe Nilsson. Hasse himself may not be so well known, at least not outside the city of Falkenberg, but he has a son with the first name Niclas, who is a brilliant soccer player. He hit through Sweden in connection with Falkenberg's FF getting up in Allsvenskan for the first time in the fall of 2013. Niclas won the assistant in the Superettan, but it did not become a game with FFF, but AIK managed to contract the young and Promising Falkenberg. Then only 18 years old. He had difficulty signing into AIK's starting team and instead moved to IFK Norrköping where things went far better. It was so good that Bristol City got his eyes on him and in the summer of 2017 the float moved from Östgötaslätten to western England. Here too, Niclas had difficulty signing into the team during the first season, but this fall he has been the starting player in most matches. A few weeks later, I received a message from Hasse who wondered if I wanted to hang over and look at Niclas a week later when they met Stoke. That question does not usually be so difficult to answer, but I had just been watching two matches a couple of weeks earlier, p. a. at Ashton Gate when Bristol City met Sheffield Wednesday. In addition, I had booked another weekend that weekend, but the offer was too good to refuse. In spite of everything, I had not seen Stoke live since they met Boro in March 2017. There was not much to hesitate I finally realized.

Said and done - On Friday I took Hasse and Uffe plane from Landvetter to Bristol where we landed at lunchtime. A taxi picked up and drove us to Niclas apartment in the heart of Bristol. This very sympathetic youngster welcomed us and was of course happy to meet his dad, but he had to take us on the purchase.

Niclas with his father Hasse.

It was immediately departed to the supporters shop at Ashton Gate where Hasse and Uffe would be provided with sweaters. And a football pro does not drive any car, but Niclas steered a fleeting Merca. The hottest comment from the car was when Hasse said, "Yes, I'm driving an old V70 ..." Niclas replied, "Yes, you get what you're working for." Asgarv from us in the backseat!

"You get what you work for"

Ashton Gate is outside a rather boring and bland arena, but inside it's okay and the shoe is full of Stoke's class.

However, Bristol as a city is very appealing and Niclas has its apartment on the 4th floor with a view of Bristol Avon, which is called the water slide through the city, and on the other side you can see and hear Friday night's expectant party people.

For Niclas, however, preparations will be made for Saturday's match against Stoke. He shows up some bags that he will pull over the legs the night before the match. They blow up and activate the muscles so that he is fit for fight to the match. Wondering if Alan Hudson did the same thing?

Warm up of leg muscles the night before match.

- Do you go out and party something in Bristol after the matches?
"Yes, if we have won, we can do it, but usually we will go to London. And I almost never drink anything too often, that match is already on Tuesday again and then you will not be able to recover.

My thoughts go back to Alan Hudson, and they blend the differences between soccer in the 1970s and the one being played today.

But I and Hasse are testing the nightlife on a friday night in Bristol and it was okay. Although we felt about as old as we actually are.

When Saturday mornings come true, it's the youngsters who sleep the longest, but Niclas finally comes up. The team is gathering at 12.00 where they eat together before they go through the tactics before the match.

Morning grieves in Bristol ahead of today's match against Stoke.

"I do not intend to give you some tips," I say to him before going and continues: "But Stoke has one of England's best goalkeepers in Butland, which may be a bit weak with his feet.
- Yes, that's right when you say that. They actually talked about it this week as they went through the opponents.

Ok, I did not reveal anything like no-one else knew ...

Two men dressed for match, myself I was very neutral in terms of clothing.

After Niclas has left, we will take a taxi to the pub closest to Ashton Gate. "Home fans only" is in big letters at the entrance to the pub, and I feel that I can keep a low profile. There were not a lot of people in the beginning, but the closer to the match we came, the closer it became.

We came in conversation with a middle-aged and very nice man, but I did not get the name. We discussed everything from football to brexit ("do not get me started" was his comment when I pulled it up but it became a long topic) and when he wondered how we Swedes went to Bristol to watch At football I pointed to Hasse and said, "That's Niclas Eliasson's father." He was naturally in fire and flames and would like to talk to Hasse. However, the rumors of his presence did not spread in the pub.

I went under cover ...

Just before 15:00 we drove off the short bite to Ashton Gate and we would pick up our tickets at Media Center, where players put tickets to their guests. This also gave us access to the Players Lounge where game fathers and other players-relatives attend and we invited food and there was also beer to buy. I saw, as I said, to keep me very neutral and I had removed my Swedish Stokie pin that I had on the jacket to not be revealed by anyone.

Right where it was, there was a familiar face in the door and I had to go forward and greet. "Martin Spinks?" I said the man took my hand and wondered how I knew it. 

I felt it was not the right place to reveal it with the doorman hanging over us, so I asked him to go out with me in the stairwell so I had to explain all the circumstances and how I could be at that place. For those who do not know, Martin Spinks is a journalist and writes about Stoke in The Sentinel.

A selfie with Martin Spinks felt necessary.

We then took us to our places, which were very close to the well-filled ward section and as it is usually in English matches, they were the ones who were most heard. The sites were very good, but it had started to rain and despite the roof, a number of unpleasant cold drops blew on us. Uffe was most amazed at a man who sat next to us in just sweaters and briefs. Did not see everything too pleasant.

When the game gets started, it's Stoke as most of the game. Uffe says something "hoping Niclas can shine a little" and I think of myself just watching the players in the purple shirts. I did not mind, occasionally, that I was invited by Niclas to the places. But ... just do not get the heart out of the club you're passionate about! I kept a very low profile, but although Stoke would meet Djurgården, Falkenbergs FF or even the Swedish national team, there is nothing that would make me disappoint The Potters in my sympathies. As I usually say, "You can change your wife, but you can not change teams!"

Not even when Fletcher scored goals for Stoke, I showed some feelings, but excitedly inside. In the second half, Bristol City pushed intense and it was only Butland holding Stoke in the match. He was absolutely huge and made it a fantastic rescue after the other. Niclas Eliasson had a couple of really good positions where I was sure he would put the last one, but Butland handed out a hand and saved.

Of course, the wreckage became even more loud and I mumbled in their songs behind the rock team, making sure nobody would hear me. Finally, the final signal came and Stoke managed to win by 1-0. We went back to the lounge and waited for Niclas who came a while later. We left the arena with him and after he had written some autographs and participated in selfies, we went back to his apartment.

It was good pressure from Till Stesta Stokies during the match In the evening we went to an Italian restaurant, just a stone's throw from his home. - How do you feel like such a loss? Will you, as a player, be as bitter and cursed as the supporters? "No, immediately after the game, it feels bad, but then it's only to look forward to the next training and match. However, there is a certain difference between the mood of the training if you have won or destroyed the match before. - And some players are more characteristic than others? - Haha yes, that's the way ... - How sure were you to put your last goal chance? - I was absolutely sure! I shot past the back and just watched the net behind the ball, but completely plucked his hand up. How can he play in the Championship? When you ask if possible. national game in the future, he becomes sheepish and would rather not talk about the opportunity for him to come there. But is there any player I'm doing a chance in the national team, that's Niclas. Not only because he is a good football player, but because he is also a very sympathetic and humble guy. It was since early sunday morning with an ascent at 4pm because we were going to Heathrow for our return trip. Niclas had been available for a couple of days and would have the same plan. He wanted to go home to Falkenberg to greet Mother and Friends, and watch Falkenberg's FF who would meet Varnamo on Sunday evening (win for FFF with 3-0). The return to Bristol would go on Tuesday morning. Dad Hasse, Uffe, Niclas and LG. A big thank you to Niclas and his father Hasse for this weekend and I really hope you get the chance in the national team what it's suffering. And also the chance of a striped sweater when Stoke is back in the Premier League.

Thanks @bristolcitysweden, was a good read.

Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of condencing it all into one post for ease of reading. Font was a bit weird in places and i was having to scroll sideways to read it!

A weekend at a football professional Niclas Eliasson is playing his second season in Bristol City and a few weeks ago I got the privilege of meeting him when his Robins was playing against Stoke. Despite the preamble of this article, it will be a part about Stoke, but most about the football life for one of the most exciting stars in the Swedish football sky. And perhaps Falkenberg's next contribution to the Swedish football team. Friends can never get too many and a few years ago I became acquainted with Hasse Eliasson through our common acquaintance Uffe Nilsson. Hasse himself may not be so well known, at least not outside the city of Falkenberg, but he has a son with the first name Niclas, who is a brilliant soccer player. He hit through Sweden in connection with Falkenberg's FF getting up in Allsvenskan for the first time in the fall of 2013. Niclas won the assistant in the Superettan, but it did not become a game with FFF, but AIK managed to contract the young and Promising Falkenberg. Then only 18 years old. He had difficulty signing into AIK's starting team and instead moved to IFK Norrköping where things went far better. It was so good that Bristol City got his eyes on him and in the summer of 2017 the float moved from Östgötaslätten to western England. Here too, Niclas had difficulty signing into the team during the first season, but this fall he has been the starting player in most matches. A few weeks later, I received a message from Hasse who wondered if I wanted to hang over and look at Niclas a week later when they met Stoke. That question does not usually be so difficult to answer, but I had just been watching two matches a couple of weeks earlier, p. a. at Ashton Gate when Bristol City met Sheffield Wednesday. In addition, I had booked another weekend that weekend, but the offer was too good to refuse. In spite of everything, I had not seen Stoke live since they met Boro in March 2017. There was not much to hesitate I finally realized.

Said and done - On Friday I took Hasse and Uffe plane from Landvetter to Bristol where we landed at lunchtime. A taxi picked up and drove us to Niclas apartment in the heart of Bristol. This very sympathetic youngster welcomed us and was of course happy to meet his dad, but he had to take us on the purchase.

Niclas with his father Hasse.

It was immediately departed to the supporters shop at Ashton Gate where Hasse and Uffe would be provided with sweaters. And a football pro does not drive any car, but Niclas steered a fleeting Merca. The hottest comment from the car was when Hasse said, "Yes, I'm driving an old V70 ..." Niclas replied, "Yes, you get what you're working for." Asgarv from us in the backseat!

"You get what you work for"

Ashton Gate is outside a rather boring and bland arena, but inside it's okay and the shoe is full of Stoke's class.

However, Bristol as a city is very appealing and Niclas has its apartment on the 4th floor with a view of Bristol Avon, which is called the water slide through the city, and on the other side you can see and hear Friday night's expectant party people.

For Niclas, however, preparations will be made for Saturday's match against Stoke. He shows up some bags that he will pull over the legs the night before the match. They blow up and activate the muscles so that he is fit for fight to the match. Wondering if Alan Hudson did the same thing?

Warm up of leg muscles the night before match.

- Do you go out and party something in Bristol after the matches?
"Yes, if we have won, we can do it, but usually we will go to London. And I almost never drink anything too often, that match is already on Tuesday again and then you will not be able to recover.

My thoughts go back to Alan Hudson, and they blend the differences between soccer in the 1970s and the one being played today.

But I and Hasse are testing the nightlife on a friday night in Bristol and it was okay. Although we felt about as old as we actually are.

When Saturday mornings come true, it's the youngsters who sleep the longest, but Niclas finally comes up. The team is gathering at 12.00 where they eat together before they go through the tactics before the match.

Morning grieves in Bristol ahead of today's match against Stoke.

"I do not intend to give you some tips," I say to him before going and continues: "But Stoke has one of England's best goalkeepers in Butland, which may be a bit weak with his feet.
- Yes, that's right when you say that. They actually talked about it this week as they went through the opponents.

Ok, I did not reveal anything like no-one else knew ...

Two men dressed for match, myself I was very neutral in terms of clothing.

After Niclas has left, we will take a taxi to the pub closest to Ashton Gate. "Home fans only" is in big letters at the entrance to the pub, and I feel that I can keep a low profile. There were not a lot of people in the beginning, but the closer to the match we came, the closer it became.

We came in conversation with a middle-aged and very nice man, but I did not get the name. We discussed everything from football to brexit ("do not get me started" was his comment when I pulled it up but it became a long topic) and when he wondered how we Swedes went to Bristol to watch At football I pointed to Hasse and said, "That's Niclas Eliasson's father." He was naturally in fire and flames and would like to talk to Hasse. However, the rumors of his presence did not spread in the pub.

I went under cover ...

Just before 15:00 we drove off the short bite to Ashton Gate and we would pick up our tickets at Media Center, where players put tickets to their guests. This also gave us access to the Players Lounge where game fathers and other players-relatives attend and we invited food and there was also beer to buy. I saw, as I said, to keep me very neutral and I had removed my Swedish Stokie pin that I had on the jacket to not be revealed by anyone.

Right where it was, there was a familiar face in the door and I had to go forward and greet. "Martin Spinks?" I said the man took my hand and wondered how I knew it.

I felt it was not the right place to reveal it with the doorman hanging over us, so I asked him to go out with me in the stairwell so I had to explain all the circumstances and how I could be at that place. For those who do not know, Martin Spinks is a journalist and writes about Stoke in The Sentinel.

A selfie with Martin Spinks felt necessary.

We then took us to our places, which were very close to the well-filled ward section and as it is usually in English matches, they were the ones who were most heard. The sites were very good, but it had started to rain and despite the roof, a number of unpleasant cold drops blew on us. Uffe was most amazed at a man who sat next to us in just sweaters and briefs. Did not see everything too pleasant.

When the game gets started, it's Stoke as most of the game. Uffe says something "hoping Niclas can shine a little" and I think of myself just watching the players in the purple shirts. I did not mind, occasionally, that I was invited by Niclas to the places. But ... just do not get the heart out of the club you're passionate about! I kept a very low profile, but although Stoke would meet Djurgården, Falkenbergs FF or even the Swedish national team, there is nothing that would make me disappoint The Potters in my sympathies. As I usually say, "You can change your wife, but you can not change teams!"

Not even when Fletcher scored goals for Stoke, I showed some feelings, but excitedly inside. In the second half, Bristol City pushed intense and it was only Butland holding Stoke in the match. He was absolutely huge and made it a fantastic rescue after the other. Niclas Eliasson had a couple of really good positions where I was sure he would put the last one, but Butland handed out a hand and saved.

Of course, the wreckage became even more loud and I mumbled in their songs behind the rock team, making sure nobody would hear me. Finally, the final signal came and Stoke managed to win by 1-0. We went back to the lounge and waited for Niclas who came a while later. We left the arena with him and after he had written some autographs and participated in selfies, we went back to his apartment.

It was good pressure from Till Stesta Stokies during the match In the evening we went to an Italian restaurant, just a stone's throw from his home. - How do you feel like such a loss? Will you, as a player, be as bitter and cursed as the supporters? "No, immediately after the game, it feels bad, but then it's only to look forward to the next training and match. However, there is a certain difference between the mood of the training if you have won or destroyed the match before. - And some players are more characteristic than others? - Haha yes, that's the way ... - How sure were you to put your last goal chance? - I was absolutely sure! I shot past the back and just watched the net behind the ball, but completely plucked his hand up. How can he play in the Championship? When you ask if possible. national game in the future, he becomes sheepish and would rather not talk about the opportunity for him to come there. But is there any player I'm doing a chance in the national team, that's Niclas. Not only because he is a good football player, but because he is also a very sympathetic and humble guy. It was since early sunday morning with an ascent at 4pm because we were going to Heathrow for our return trip. Niclas had been available for a couple of days and would have the same plan. He wanted to go home to Falkenberg to greet Mother and Friends, and watch Falkenberg's FF who would meet Varnamo on Sunday evening (win for FFF with 3-0). The return to Bristol would go on Tuesday morning. Dad Hasse, Uffe, Niclas and LG. A big thank you to Niclas and his father Hasse for this weekend and I really hope you get the chance in the national team what it's suffering. And also the chance of a striped sweater when Stoke is back in the Premier League.

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Cheers Tommy. We only take the piss cos we loves ya, you big Swedish weirdo.

Archived