IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda

onehowie

Ireland don't have better players. I'm not sure we do and that's really your point I assume.

When things aren't going well this place does have a habit of looking towards the rest of the squad to provide the silver bullet with comments like "might as well give Eisa a go" but Johnson sees all these players in training every day so is best placed to decide who plays. 

That said and from my experience of watching them I would certainly play O'Dowda ahead of Patterson at the least. 

Isn’t it because of contract issues? LJ won’t play him because he won’t sign, and he won’t sign if he’s not getting games. Personally I would pick him as he adds pace and direct running, the contract issue should not matter, he’s under contract and we are paying his wages. 

35 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Isn’t it because of contract issues? LJ won’t play him because he won’t sign, and he won’t sign if he’s not getting games. Personally I would pick him as he adds pace and direct running, the contract issue should not matter, he’s under contract and we are paying his wages. 

I really hope you’re wrong, because if you are correct then I hope we bin him off ASAP. 

I do NOT want a repeat of the Maynard debacle. 

If you don’t want to sign for us - bye - and shut the door behind you. 

We need to focus on players who believe in Bristol City and want to play for us - not someone who is holding us to ransom. 

Like I said I hope you’re wrong because I really rated him. 

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Lj's own fault if he wont sign , he cang get in tge city side but plays international football , bit like kelly of late lj causinv his own problems ....

Cant get a game in the city side *

Yeah, he plays International football for the RoI, it's hardly France and they are also going through a particularly thin time just now.

Not sure about Calum TBH - he had a spell last season but he does not seem to be growing as a player.

I suspect he will be off in the summer but unlike @JoeAman08 I don't believe it will be to the PL!

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Not sure about Calum TBH - he had a spell last season but he does not seem to be growing as a player.

Fully agree with this. Since his injury he appears to have lost a little pace, looking slow and predictable. Perhaps bringing him back is something requiring time and to help confidence.

He would help his cause if he was to produce something of note when he plays. Carries ball quite well at times but end product generally poor. Saying that I hope we keep him as potential is there. Can see in flashes but they need to become more consistent. Bit like Adam Lallana in that he also was nearly great and then it all clicked one day

20 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Yeah, he plays International football for the RoI, it's hardly France and they are also going through a particularly thin time just now.

I suspect he will be off in the summer but unlike @JoeAman08 I don't believe it will be to the PL!

Just to be clear I don’t think he is PL quality just that with his work rate, reputation with Ireland and his young age that a “bigger fish” is likely to take the chance. We will see though!

57 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Don't get me wrong I don't think o' dowda is a superb player , he is better than Paterson as winger though so from  that point of view he should be in the city side.

I’m no fan of Paterson but i would say he’s more likely to get a goal more so than O’dowda, being honest i would not care one bit if either of them left 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I really hope you’re wrong, because if you are correct then I hope we bin him off ASAP. 

I do NOT want a repeat of the Maynard debacle. 

If you don’t want to sign for us - bye - and shut the door behind you. 

We need to focus on players who believe in Bristol City and want to play for us - not someone who is holding us to ransom. 

Like I said I hope you’re wrong because I really rated him. 

Bin him off.  What a typically blinkered fan!

Callum won’t be holding anyone to ransom. Why should he commit to a manager that doesn’t play him yet he’s a regular starter for Ireland. Players careers are short and COD has every right not to sign  

If he goes in Jan or summer, good luck to him. 

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Don't get me wrong I don't think o' dowda is a superb player , he is better than Paterson as winger though so from  that point of view he should be in the city side.

Jamie Paterson. 79 Bristol City championship games. 10 championship goals. 12 Championship assists  

Callum O’Dowda. 72 championship games. 1 championship goal. 5 championship assists. 

Can you elaborate on your statement..? 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Jamie Paterson. 79 Bristol City championship games. 10 championship goals. 12 Championship assists  

Callum O’Dowda. 72 championship games. 1 championship goal. 5 championship assists. 

I think it means he runs around a lot. 

That seems to be all we need!!:facepalm:

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

I think it means he runs around a lot. 

That seems to be all we need!!:facepalm:

I think people forget just how good Jamie Paterson can be. 

I agree he’s not found his form yet this season (possibly this calendar year even) but before Christmas he was fantastic. 

I don’t think COD has had much more than a handful of decent games st this level, so far. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree he’s not found his form yet this season (possibly this calendar year even) but before Christmas he was fantastic. 

I don’t think COD has had much more than a handful of decent games st this level, so far. 

I used to be good at differential calculus, but it was a long time ago !

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Where did you get these stats from mate? Not saying they are incorrect, just interested....

Cal has not yet reproduced the form he was showing before his injury.  He does need first team games to get back up to speed.

He still has potential but needs to keep working on his end product.

He has a house clise to the ground and is a nice lad.  I think he is committed, but I guess his agent will drive any contractual decisions.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I work with two Huddersfield fans and they can’t believe whenever I’ve made negative comments about Paterson. 

Both have said they’d have him in their squad.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Your post sums it up perfectly...Pato did look real quality last season until his illness... BUT in a few weeks time that will be a whole year ago, since when he has been mainly pants!

Archived