IGNORED

Away supporter Friendly pubs in Leeds?

hoxton casual

8 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

What about The Cross Keys, Grove Inn or Midnight Bell in Holbeck ?

They're all decent pubs. The first and last are newish and quite posh really. The Grove has been there donkey's years and isn't, though sells good real ale. I'd say they're all reasonable walks to the ground though, certainly 20 minutes or so. The widest variety of pubs is in the city centre and there's definitely some good ones amongst them. Whitelocks and The Ship Inn are 2 of the oldest (don't think they've been mentioned) and are located down alleyways off Briggate, the main pedestrianised shopping street in the centre of Leeds.

There are also two new brewery tap openings today and there should have been a third but it's been put back a bit because of issues with the buildings.

For craft beer and Indian tapas lovers don't forget Bundobust where the Head of Steam is. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186411-d6883417-Reviews-Bundobust-Leeds_West_Yorkshire_England.html

21 hours ago, SR1 said:

Dreadful, disinterested service from the hipsters at Belgrave. Go to Headrow House, North, Brewdog North Street, The Brunswick if you want decent, if pricey, ale with a bit of customer service.

The pizza and burgers at Belgrave are excellent though.

Not bothered about the service pal, as you say the fare is excellent, as is the roof garden in the summer. 

Nods to Headrow House.

I'd also suggest getting off the train in Pudsey and having a drink around the Pudsey or Farsley village area, some good bars/pubs around those areas and a lot quieter than going into town.

As for those suggesting Weatherspoons in the station: last week it was absolutely packed, people lining up to get in around 11ish, I seriously wouldn't bother.

Good luck and enjoy beautiful Leeds.

3 hours ago, daored said:

Holbeck isn’t the greatest part of Leeds although it is being tidied up. 

Certainly within easy walking distance of the ground 

Holbeck urban village is decent but there's not much there really.

Holbeck is home to Leeds legal red light area so it's not exactly glamorous, thankfully it's a lot safer for the girls though.

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Yeah still there but a home fans only pub now

Me and Greyer went in the Peacock straight off the sub a few years back, no colours.

Things were fine until we asked the man selling enamel badges if he had a City one.

I think it was the accent that gave us away!

28 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Not bothered about the service pal, as you say the fare is excellent, as is the roof garden in the summer. 

Nods to Headrow House.

I'd also suggest getting off the train in Pudsey and having a drink around the Pudsey or Farsley village area, some good bars/pubs around those areas and a lot quieter than going into town.

As for those suggesting Weatherspoons in the station: last week it was absolutely packed, people lining up to get in around 11ish, I seriously wouldn't bother.

Good luck and enjoy beautiful Leeds.

I live near there and would suggest a trip to Huddersfield if a 20 minute rail trip is on the cards as there are numerous great pubs and the majestic Magic Rock Brewery Tap.

But as it is the train to New Pudsey is a no go as Northern drivers and guards are now on permanent Saturday strikes over one person operating.

Agree about Station Spoons. Mental.

There are so many pubs and bars in town that you'll just melt into pre-match, even with the accent. Just avoid the station area, although even then I'll be drinking in a bar which doesn't allow colours but welcomes anyone so long as they behave OK. It's 150 yards from the station and has 28 ales on.

37 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Holbeck urban village is decent but there's not much there really.

Holbeck is home to Leeds legal red light area so it's not exactly glamorous, thankfully it's a lot safer for the girls though.

I know they’ve been doing the area up but not somewhere I tend to visit, usually walk through on way to ground. 

You not going tomorrow ?

21 minutes ago, daored said:

I know they’ve been doing the area up but not somewhere I tend to visit, usually walk through on way to ground. 

You not going tomorrow ?

Within half a mile of the station SOUTH entrance you have:

The Hop

Archies

Craft Asylum

Watermans Place

Midnight Bell
Cross Keys

Northern Monk Refectory (Northern Monk Brewery Tap)

The Grove

The Adelphi (the other way, but still within half a mile or so)

You cant go wrong in Leeds now so long as you don't mind paying through the nose and aren't allergic to beards?

Archived