IGNORED

rainbow laces to be worn at Leeds

Never to the dark side

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But he's not disabled. Selfish git..!

I know you were only joking but disabled toilets are not reserved for disabled people they are just toilets that have disabled facilities (opening up another can of worms when there's already enough worms all over the place in this thread ?). 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I know you were only joking but disabled toilets are not reserved for disabled people they are just toilets that have disabled facilities (opening up another can of worms when there's already enough worms all over the place in this thread ?). 

I thought the modern term was Universal Acess Toilet, you can’t be discriminatory now and use terms like disabled.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:29, Eddie Hitler said:

The trans bloke at work, because he isn't a placard waving jumping up and down type but rather wishes to be left to get on with it without any fuss, uses the disabled toilet so as not to make either the men or the women feel awkward.

Reasonable people come up with reasonable solutions.

Is that a geezer in a frock, or a bird done up like a fella?

Modern life is jolly complicated.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:08, Pezo said:

...disabled facilities? 

What like taps that don't work? .. Toilets that won't flush?  Faulty locks.. ? etc (why fit facilities that don't do the job?)

(PS before any self righteous so & so's start jumping up and down on behalf of others, I'm obviously only joking and most disabled people I've ever known or met are great people with wonderfully intact senses of humour who don't require others to be offended on their behalf... just a bit of toilet humour that's all. Feel free to pull the plug on this one if it fits.) ?

On 24/11/2018 at 17:49, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

That you have misgendered 'her' and then remain transphobic through the rest of your post speaks volumes

It's exactly that why lgbt people dont come to games in bigger numbers and why players will live in the closet.

Your 'different' is bigotted, in bad taste, demeans another human and puts them on a level below you.

Shame but that's why.

We, as in gay fans, do turn up, in probably the same percentage as straight men who are into football attending, it’s just that in the main we are undetectable as the vast majority of gay men look like your average fella. 

As a gay fan I have never felt intimidated at any ground, even when the gay banter chants are started (usually at Brighton fans). I join in. I find them amusing and leg pulling towards another set of fans. Is chanting, you wish you were engerlish at the Welsh racist?

i wouldn’t feel comfortable having a loud conversation about the merits of Bakers amazing legs at the ground, partly because I’m there to watch city play and don’t care whether have a team of black, white, Asian, gay, straight, tall, short or ginger as long as they play for the benefit of the team. On the same token I don’t discuss the body or attractiveness of other men at the gym either. I’m there to push some weights around and keep fit, not to discuss my sexuality.

wear rainbow laces if you want, wave a flag around, or dont, it’s all the same to me...

On 27/11/2018 at 14:07, AshtonGreat said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what about the players who will be abused for being Welsh, ginger, lanky, crap (or, God forbid, all of those things)? Who protects them?

On here, I protect the Gingers ?

23 hours ago, gl1 said:

We, as in gay fans, do turn up, in probably the same percentage as straight men who are into football attending, it’s just that in the main we are undetectable as the vast majority of gay men look like your average fella. 

As a gay fan I have never felt intimidated at any ground, even when the gay banter chants are started (usually at Brighton fans). I join in. I find them amusing and leg pulling towards another set of fans. Is chanting, you wish you were engerlish at the Welsh racist?

i wouldn’t feel comfortable having a loud conversation about the merits of Bakers amazing legs at the ground, partly because I’m there to watch city play and don’t care whether have a team of black, white, Asian, gay, straight, tall, short or ginger as long as they play for the benefit of the team. On the same token I don’t discuss the body or attractiveness of other men at the gym either. I’m there to push some weights around and keep fit, not to discuss my sexuality.

wear rainbow laces if you want, wave a flag around, or dont, it’s all the same to me...

43% of lgbt fans dont go because of fear. So no we don't ;(

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12321/11565014/lgbt-issues-need-solving-in-male-sport-says-kat-merchant

Great article by the way

It's also telling that you cant have the conversations you want because fear of trouble, which has been exactly my point. 

You arent out at football arr you? Effectively you go with the majority and change your behaviour 

That's the point.

55 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

43% of lgbt fans dont go because of fear. So no we don't ;(

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12321/11565014/lgbt-issues-need-solving-in-male-sport-says-kat-merchant

Great article by the way

It's also telling that you cant have the conversations you want because fear of trouble, which has been exactly my point. 

You arent out at football arr you? Effectively you go with the majority and change your behaviour 

That's the point.

Ok, thanks for letting me know what my motivation is for doing it not doing something. Cheers. 

On 24/11/2018 at 16:28, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

And in a nutshell this is why people get scared, because of comments or posts like that that asks 'why should I change' 

Well mainly,to stop being someone without humanity, or you know, being homophobic transphobic and the rest as the post clearly demonstrates

You'd do well to look at Pride, the rainbow flag, Stonewall Riots, the pink triangle, section 28, the rise in violence and attacks against Lgbt people since the Brexit vote and then quite happy have that discussion :)

I am not anti gay or anything, except perhaps LJ, but I don’t see the fuss, I have gay friends and have had for many years, i’m Not bothered by anyone’s sexuality, religion, race  or lack of - what does bother me is that not being bothered is actually seen as wrong, it would be wrong if I considered a gay man smiling in my direction was somehow threatening or offensive - get a life and allow the rest of us to get on with ours, at least until some idiot makes it illegal not to have an opinion

On the profile viewing thing, seeing this thread jogged my memory. I looked a week or so- and it's been superseded by other views- but I did get a print screen.

There was a view of mine by Julie H or someone using her account? November 12th, 3:17pm. Now I'm not particularly fussed by it but if it is someone using the account then I'm not sure how it can be ideal- I've got the print screen.

414825446_recentprintscreen2.thumb.png.83adbfb9593acbc424d15a2319cd9e41.png1850945176_interestingprintscreen.thumb.png.460238596e0172372cddcb800f179fc2.png

On 01/12/2018 at 16:23, gl1 said:

Top post.

It's not terribly relevant to this issue on one level, but I read after racist abuse of Koulibaly last night (it must have been pretty sustained etc) at Inter-Napoli, 2 games behind closed doors for Inter. Violence outside ground too with injuries and one death but I'm assuming the racial abuse was a key reason.,

It proves my point I made a few weeks back that when the line is crossed, Governing bodies (I don't mean the Government in this instance), I mean Leagues and FAs do have these powers in extremis. See my post on November 26 on this thread for a little context.

Archived