IGNORED

Grateful to Leeds

where's the joy

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

City or team I beg to differ. Both remain "Horrible, horrible Leeds," and the boorish denizens thereabouts are ever arrogant ****s

I like a nice broad brush? Over 700,000 citizens are "arrogant shits"? Aye, that'll be right.? I live there, you live in Blackheath? Only one red card today lad, and I think you'll also find our disciplinary record is very good this season??

51 minutes ago, Verloc said:

I like a nice broad brush? Over 700,000 citizens are "arrogant shits"? 

Speak as one finds, but last thought the population of West Yorkshire nearer 2.3 m. Discount say 20% who aren't native and have found themselves there through circumstance and I'd say you'd underestimated. Arrogant they most certainly are and 'reet' proud of it as one establishes every time they open their mouths. God's own indeed.

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

This thread is about Leeds, read the title?I'm glad you found the time to chat to over 700,000 of us though?I suggest you remain in Blackheath if you find your visits to Leeds so unpleasant, I doubt anyone up here will miss you?

?

Tommy Burden was Leeds captain when we signed him in October 1954.

He was a part time footballer, already working at Clark's Shoes in Street, so it was an ideal move for him. He wasn't a youngster when he came but City had about eight years of him.

Hard working midfielder in today's speak, hard in the tackle, creative for Atyeo and Jimmy Rogers and a leader who captained us many times. Well respected by team mates and supporters.

He came to us for a very small fee but in today's inflated market would have cost £ millions.

In my opinion, a City legend and up there with our very best.

36 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Wow, never realised there have been so many movements involving us and Leeds. Surely the stand out one though is Ralph Milne, City to Man U. Leeds must love us for that one? 

There hasn’t been that many direct transfers between us Leeds - plenty of players have played for both clubs but not been transferred directly from one to the other

Archived