IGNORED

Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread 19

Septic Peg

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

3 points is three points, doesn’t matter how you get them. 

Obviously some on here are going to be disgruntled even if we were playing like Barcelona but this is what we needed.

Yes it wasn’t great, it was gritty and poor at times but a win is a win 

I wouldn't be disgruntled if we played like Barcelona. Or even a team with some vague kind of plan...!

1 minute ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Having LJ as Head Coach is just like Brexit...a good idea, in theory, that we desperately hope works out - in our heart of hearts we know it's unlikely ever to succeed, whilst precious resources continue to be squandered - and yet the most frustrating element is the endless inane chat about it. 

Nice analogy - but LJ/Bristol City could be replaced by most managers and teams and the same thing will be said by teams up and down the country.

I'm always thrilled when City win away and whatever the performance, whoever played well or poorly, I'll take that.

Listened on radio. Kelly did some good work for the goals. Joe Morrell, so pleased he got on and got good remarks from commentary team. 

If that gives the squad some confidence for Sunday, it will be to our benefit.

Let's leave all our other thoughts for this evening and celebrate three away points.

Eleven from thirty six sounds better than eight from thirty three. Safe journey home for the brave three hundred.

Just in from Pole Fitness, that's a nice result to come home to.

Appears we're still shocking, Freddie Sears still has a thing about the goal that never was( im knackered it is him though, right?) , and will now be the new David Kelly and score twelvety million each time he plays us.

Also. In all the brouhaha someone, mentioning no names called for Morell. Umpteenth time right then lols. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Nice analogy - but LJ/Bristol City could be replaced by most managers and teams and the same thing will be said by teams up and down the country.

I do get that :) although, with LJ, given his history as a divisive player and the occasional accusation of nepotism, I do wonder if he has it harder than others in some respects. 

22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

One of the worst (performance wise) away wins I've seen ! Gifted two, don't remember one decent move (admittedly I missed Fam's goal as I was having a fag!) Still, delighted with three points :clap:

Kelly passed the ball to Famara. Close to goal he header the ball in net. Looked easy. Nice for Famara to score and be a matchwinner, confidence.

Some Facts:

We've won more games than 12 other teams
We've won the same number of games as Forest (6th), Villa (8th) and Swansea (11th)
There are 11 teams with an inferior goal difference to us.
18 teams have conceded the same or more goals than us.
10 teams have scored the same or less goals than us.
We are 8 points off the play-offs
We are 8 points above the relegation zone.
We are halfway to the 50 point safety total.
We've won 6 more games than Ipswich.
We've won 3 more games than Bolton, Hull, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham.

The facts suggest that it's not all doom and gloom. 10 teams would love to be in our position right now.

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Or just a lot of very evenly matched teams and thus hard to have any real consistency unless you’re very good indeed?

No, from what I’ve seen, it’s pretty crap. If lee Johnson knew how city had created their form of the end 2017 and was able to perpetuate it, we’d either be in the prem now or sitting in the top 2.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Massive shout out to the 290.........fantastic support on a wet Wednesday night, to the other side of the country. At least they saw a victory.

Totally agree - well done to all our fans who were there tonight, proper supporters who were rewarded with a very scrappy win! When the sags start to slag off our away numbers tonight I’ll just remind them that they seem to be boycotting home games as well as well as away games - they had less than 6.4k home fans last night.....

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

To be fair, the game could have gone either way. 2-3, 2-2 or 3-2 woyld not have been unreasonable results.

Fam had a decent 2nd half, Weimann and Patto put in good shifts and Kelly looked good too. Eros not looking like his old self.

Millwall are a more physical team though, so Sunday will be much harder.

Maybe, but the Millwall forum right now seems convinced they are awful, going down and Harris is a moron!

All forums are the same.

24 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

The less said about that game the better. Huge respect to each and every one of the City fans who went to Portman Road. 

How about a massive respect to all those who trudged out to a pub expecting it to be on that red button crap only to be let down again. 3 mile round trip for nothing

Archived